Gordon Pizza Bar

Mon to Fri 7am - 9pm
Sat 8am - 9pm
Sun 8:30am - 9pm

Overview of Gordon Pizza Bar

Gordon Pizza Bar (GPB) is a pizza connoisseur's delight in North Shore. GPB's range of gourmet pizza and homemade goodies is best shared with friends anytime of the day. Located in the historic Gordon Post Office building, GPB offers a relaxing hangout to kill time while waiting for the bus or train.

Add a Review for Gordon Pizza Bar

User Reviews of Gordon Pizza Bar

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Second time there, this time worse than last. Stodgy, over cooked food, appalling service (asked three times for an ordered glass of wine to be brought to table), and frank rudeness from senior staff. Never, ever again!

Oct 26, 2013

Went to GPB for breakfast, gave it a chance twice and both times food was awful. Service was also bad, unfriendly staff, one of them even made a snide comment after I moved a table to make way for a pram and they had to shift it back. Will not be returning.

Mobile Review Sep 07, 2013

Service  10      Value  10

Amazing delicious, authentic food with friendly and helpful service. Definitely amazing for me and will go back!

Aug 14, 2013

This was my first time eating at this restaurant and I will never go back! The food was awful! and the attitude of the Manager was rude & insensitive.

The Food

We had dinner there on a Friday night and had the $24 steak with chips & salad (one with mushroom & one with pepper sauce) and the $22 veal scallopini with steamed veggies. The steak was not cooked as requested (eg medium rare was served very well done) & a mushroom sauce served with raw mushrooms and tasteless gravy together with a small handful of chips was certainly not worth the price. The veal was so bad we had to ask if it was actually veal. Everything was absolutely terrible.

The Service

All restaurants can have a bad 'food' day once in a while - However when coupled with appalling service - There is no excuse. It would seem that the Manager is not in the least bit interested in repeat business as questions & complaints from customers seem too much bother. I was given a 15% discount - yet the Manager could not even give me the courtesy of looking me in the eye or even so much as an apology.

Overall a terrible meal with terrible service - I would recommend eating anywhere else but here.

May 10, 2013

Three of us went for breakfast. The service was awful. Will never go back. Left with our menus for an eternity. Had to go ask if they would take our order. Two were served and third was served after they had finished. It was only bacon and eggs...not really that difficult. Attitude was pathetic...did not care one bit about service. Surely this can't be the business they are in because they do an awful job at it.

Apr 08, 2013

Last week we visited I had lam and my girlfriend had wrapped chicken, the food was excellent, the rest was horrible, we had some bad experience before with the manager, he was very rude to us, we decided to go again this friday, the food wasn't the same, the service horrible as usual, after a little bit investigation we found the new chef left so the excellent food gone with him/her, we will never visit again.

Feb 17, 2013

When the menu says "traditional Pizza" I expect traditional. What these guys serve as traditional pizza makes Pizza Hut look authentic. The quattro formaggi pizza needs to be renamed. It did not have 4 cheeses.

The vegetarian pizza promised ingredients which never appeared. The menu promised “marinated artichoke hearts”, “roasted capsicum” and “kalamata olives”
    The artichoke hearts were not visible, the roasted capsicum was Not roasted and olives were a mix of kalamata and the cheap black olives they use at Dominos.

I don’t know where they learnt the recipe for pizza base But I can assure you the person that learn from had no Italian food experience.

Over all a very bad experience

As to the service, all I can say is: they flopped a menu down, took our order and dropped off two of the worst pizza’s we have ever tasted.

In summary, I recommend, if you want Pizza in Gordon that you try looking in another suburb.

Dec 06, 2012

A quick meal on a Saturday night before the movies at Roseville and we thought we would try GPB. We felt like a pasta and a glass of red. Husband close the crab pasta which was pretty average, hardly a taste of crab, but good flavours. Small and uninspiring pasta choices sent me to the salmon special which was very nice. Enjoyed it. Glass of red good at $7.

But, the most disappointing parts of the whole event was belligerent service from the senior staff, in fact, Total disinterest....and when we questioned the $3 price tag on the 'sourdough with olive oil' - which was One slice of packaged bread, cut in Half, with a big bowl of olive oil, supposed to be a serving for 2, we were met with 'Well, that's the price, maam' and total block out.

So sorry GPB, there's too much competition out there to waste our hard earned money on you guys again. Won't be back!

Sep 16, 2012

I loved the pizza but there was a problem that they do not say in the menu that they sprinkle oregano all over the pizza (we had half half) and I can't stand oregano so this kind of spoiled the taste for me...

Everything else was good - the base is perfectly thin and crisp but strong enough to hold the lovely toppings. I would have loved a bit more pumpkin too. The place itself is very brightly lit and is a large open room with white walls which makes it quite cold, stark and not very cosy...

I would like to see some warmth via alternative lighting and maybe some dressing for the windows, or coloured paint on walls...

Apr 16, 2012

We ordered 3 types of pizzas, starters and dessert. I can't remember the details because they said they can't give me a copy of my receipt, that means I can't review them properly.

Overall the pizzas were delicious and above average although the toppings were very generous. Starter of baby octopus tasted very fresh. We were recommended to have Chocolate Hazelnut Pizza for dessert but, unfortunately, it was the biggest disappointment. It was simply nutella on dough with banana chopped on top. Presentation was bad and not worth trying.

The bad thing about this place was the service. I assume this guy was the senior staff. He had no interest in serving and was pulling an angry face all night. We repeatedly had to wave for service and often waited for a long time. He just had a bad attitude and made me feel like giving him bad attitude. When I went to pay for the bill, I asked for a copy of the receipt so I know what we had ordered but he refused. He simply said he needed that copy and he can't give me another copy.

Then I'm sorry GPB, you're not doing yourself any favours when I can't properly review you and when that's the last thing I remember about my dining experience. Will not return again because of poor service.

Mar 10, 2012

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Featured Offers

Jah Bar » Manly
    50% Off Food Bill (Dinner). Book online now!

Get news, specials and deals

Gordon Pizza Bar Gordon Pizza Bar Gordon Pizza Bar