Golden King 2000

Chinese

Add a Review for Golden King 2000

User Reviews of Golden King 2000, Green Valley

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Never a table even though there are several available ones! Dirty lobster tank. And staff washing and drying dishes on available tables. Staff eating food while customers wait to be served! My tip get take away if you want to eat here be careful because the staff might eat it all! I would just get McDonald's on the way home!

Jun 27, 2014

Great service, will go back again, the food was great value for money.

Sep 01, 2013

My hubby and I eat here on a regular basis, better value eat-in with big servings and friendly staff.

Aug 18, 2012

While the staff here are very friendly the quality of the food has deteriorated. In the past few years. So much so that even though I live literally 2 minutes down the road I no longer eat their food. I don't know whether they have changed kitchen staff but all of a sudden their rice became oily and very bland, chicken and sweet corn soup has no flavour either.

In fact all of the meals on the menu that I have tried are flavorless. We
    Used to order from king once a week but now we travel 15 minutes to get our Chinese from elsewhere!

Dec 09, 2011

Just your average Chinese restaurant nothing special altough I didn't like the dirty bathroom out the back and didn't like the cockroaches running around out the back. Other than that the food does taste nice, I've never had any complaints.

Jul 19, 2011

We have been regulars to this place for years and will be for many years to come. The food is excellent value for money and some of the best chinese in Western Sydney. The service is always excellent and second to none. Once the staff know you as regulars they absolutely go out of their way to please you, which is something you don't get often these days.

The restaurant is always packed out and despite this the food is freshly cooked and comes out quickly. It's not the sort of place to come to if you want a quiet romantic evening for 2 or a 5 star dining experience. This is the sort of place you come to catch up with family and friends and have a good night.

Apr 12, 2011

This restaurant doesn't claim to be "high end" and it isn't! It's what I would call "aussie style" Chinese. The outstanding features at this place is good quality food and value for money. The place is always packed out. For "high end" go to Iron Chef at Cabramatta. For families on a budget, you won't regret eating here!

Mar 30, 2011

'- happy :-)'

It is a value for money restaurant, definitely not value for service. Salt & Pepper calamari is beautiful, the ribs are good, satay chicken is nice but the service is awful!

Feb 10, 2011

Once an outpost of hope in the culinary dessert of western sydney. Last visit was the worst dining experience in living memory and that takes in a lot of abuse. On arrival, were seated at the worst possible table just one metre from the takeaway pick up. e asked to be moved but this was not accommodated as six or so empty tables were for four people not two.

This was in spite of the fact that plenty of other tables had two diners on tables of four. Ok get over it but then the senior staff tried to push the live lobster special twice in two minutes, which made me suspect there was a death in tank problem. When this failed he took our order disinterestly without even writing it down and scamped away before we had a chance to order drinks. The food was presented and still no chance to order drinks.

When finally a waitress did appear the desire for alcohol had left us so we asked for water and were given a single glass. Ok get over the Faulty Towers syndrome, the food so excessively salty we could not eat it. The waiting staff had all disappeared and were totally absent in the ajoining room for about thirty minutes, when we could get a bill and get out of the place. I told the person behind the counter we would not be back and she seemed surprised.

Jan 20, 2011

Do not recommend this at all, we have many friends and family who frequent this place and everyone boasts about the food, however, for us it was a try once and never again situation. We ordered and picked up to take home some honey chicken, my friend kept insisting I order it when I go there and I did, it was just tiny pieces of dough with no chicken in them then fried and soaking in honey, this tasted nice cause of all the honey but when you inspected the dough we realised it was just fried dough, it had no chicken in it, what a waste of money, we had mongolian lamb and some other foods, we didn't finish any of our ordered foods and the next day it was all in the bin, very poor quality food and poor taste. If you're after a place with nice decor but very poor food then this is the place. Inside the place looks clean but the back of the shop is dirty.

Jan 17, 2011