Glebe Point Diner

2008

SMH Good Food Guide 2008 - One Chef's Hat

more…

Overview of Glebe Point Diner

A neighbourhood favourite, the menu at Glebe Point Diner is small and ever-changing. This reflects the freshness of produce used, everything including bread and butter are made from scratch. The wine list, consisting of Oz and overseas wines is impressive. Glebe is a comfortable and relaxed diner, with open interiors and floor-to-ceiling glass.

Add a Review for Glebe Point Diner

User Reviews of Glebe Point Diner

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

We were a party of 8 celebrating a birthday. The restaurant was kind enough to do a set menu for us and on it was a great selection – we were really happy.

I had the pate to start with. It tasted like it was 50% butter and 50% pate – you’ll see from the picture on my blog how unusual the texture was. It also had a funny after taste – when the 3 of us (one of which is a chef) explained we weren’t happy with it there was no hesitation to take it back so either their customer service is exemplary or there had been other issues.

Main was Mulloway – it was wonderful and dessert was nougat – also terrific! It was a great restaurant to try – if someone suggested to go back there I’d happily tag along but I wouldn’t initiate to others that it’s a “must go to”.

blogRead more on my blog

Apr 21, 2014

Despite only being able to get an 8pm booking on a Wednesday night, there wasn't a table ready for us when we arrived. However the manager was absolutely fantastic, and looked after us with drinks and an entree. We really enjoyed our choices from the specials board, and particularly liked that the menu was seasonal. The only real downside was that the restaurant was quite noisy, and also very dark (I couldn't see what I was eating). Overall a very pleasant evening.

Jun 04, 2013

What a pity that the excellent food in this restaurant weren't matched by the service or ambiance! The tables were very close together--I was almost sitting on the lap of the man at the next table. There are several waiters who seem to do a lot of running around but not achieving much. It was ages before our order was taken. We had to ask several times for our water glasses to be refilled and the same for our wine -- it was never refilled and one of our party finally had to get up, retrieve the bottle himself, and do his own pouring. For this they charge corkage?!

Prices are the average Sydney high, but if I am going to spend that kind of money on an evening out, I will go to where there is actually some service, no matter how good the food is. I would also add that this was not a Saturday night (I have given up eating in restaurants on Saturday evenings) but a Tuesday night. This was our first time eating here, and sorry, Glebe Point Diner, you lost a potential regular customer because there does not seem to be anyone in charge of the front of house, seeing that things are running smoothly and that customers are being taken care of.

Apr 12, 2013

I live locally and I swear by this restaurant. Staff are always friendly with the menu always evolving. Can't really find fault with this place.

Feb 20, 2013

Had lunch here today, it was a perfectly sunny day to sit at the veranda. The waiter explained different types of cider and recommended one to our taste. We had the pork shoulder and scotch fillet both were juicy and flavoursome.
    Highly recommend.

Sep 15, 2012

This is a hidden gem. Some friends took us to this restaurant, we hadn't heard of it before. And what a treat! We went for a long lazy Sunday lunch. It was relaxed, with lovely casual service and enjoyable food. I really enjoyed it.

Jul 12, 2012

My value rating dropped because of $20 BYO charge. I like it because it's very local and has a great pate entree.

May 22, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience at Glebe Point Diner! The food was excellent, all plates we ordered were flavoursome. The service was another point I would like to commend them on, our water and wine glasses were always full, there was only a short wait between courses. The waitress who served us was warm and friendly. I am looking forward to our next visit there.

Mar 27, 2012

Oh dear, what a noisy and over priced restaurant this one is. The cost of corkage? $20! Distance between tables? About 18 inches. The food? Not too bad, but nothing to rave about. The really annoying aspect though was the decibel level. My friend and I had to yell at each other and I had to cup my ear to hear her. Surely a bit more space between tables wouldn't impact too badly on the profit margin?

Feb 02, 2012

When we phoned to make a booking was told that it was BYO and corkage was $20! If they want to deter people from bringing wine they should just say no to BYO, $20 is just plain rude!

We had a reservation for 8pm for an outside table. Whilst we were waiting to go in they sat another group at our table and told us to come back in 30 minutes which was not a good start.

For entree we had pate, stuffed zucchini flowers and squid. The squid was beautifully done. The zucchini flowers were rich but the dish was dry as it lacked a enhancing dressing on the plate. Mains: Snapper, crab pasta, steak and pork. Crab pasta and pork were delicious, the pasta serving was small and was expensive for what it was. Side dish of seasonal vegetables was broccoli only.

Over priced for what it is but the overall restaurant has a great vibe. They need to work on their menu ie: more choices and better accompaniments and more wait staff.

Jan 05, 2012

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Glebe Point Diner Glebe Point Diner Lamb rack with pea pesto and braised pearl onion New snapper dish with roast tomato sauce New mud crab dish

Special Offers for Glebe Point Diner

Special Offers Special Offer Let's Do Lunch - $38pp

Palmers Island Mulloway fillet, chermoula rubbed, with yoghurt & parsley salad, a glass of selected wine and tea or coffee. $38pp.

Only available for lunch. Offer only available with Mulloway fillet and can not be changed.

Our offers cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions.

Valid to 31st Oct 2014

How:
    Please call (02) 9660 2646 for more information.

Print Special Offers for Glebe Point Diner Print Offer  |  Terms & Conditions