Gastro Park

2012

Australian Gourmet Traveller 2012 - Two Stars

more…

Overview of Gastro Park

After many successful and happy years as the Pier restaurant Head Chef, Grant King welcomes you to Gastro Park his first new restaurant and bar of his own. Gastro Park is a restaurant and bar where the focus is to deliver quality, freshness and innovation with a relaxed but attentive service. Our style is old and new with menus created daily, dictated by the best available produce to allow freshness of thought and product.

Add a Review for Gastro Park

User Reviews of Gastro Park, Potts Point

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

I can honestly say that I'm astonished that this place has two hats. My experience was terrible, simply terrible. I'm struggling to think of anything mildly good to say. The ambience of the restaurant is severely lacking, from an awful location, it was freezing cold with everyone or the off few couples that were there wearing jackets. The tables were like those in a cafe, and in fact that's what it felt like. A cafe and not a top restaurant. The service was also not up to it, with staff obviously not trained sufficiently resulting in no-one that could recommend a wine, over filling of wine glasses etc. Lastly the food looked lovely, but much of it was bland. Don't bother with the 7 course degustation for $140! And don't bother with the supplement of $15 for an extra dish of kangaroo which both my husband and I left. I would write that it's such a shame, but there were no redeeming qualities to make it such a shame and I'm perplexed by why this place has two hats? A complete waste of money and time.

Sep 19, 2014

This is one of the best places I have ever eaten at! Since visiting it I have talked to people, marvelling around the wonderful food I've had and find that everyone who has been at this restaurant thinks the same. It is simply food paradise. My friends and I had the tasting menu and it was beautiful, everything tasty and impeccable. The liquid gnocchi is to die for, the jewfish is wonderful and the chocolate sphere for dessert is just out of this world. The cheese with truffled honey was one of the best things, if not the best, I have ever eaten in my whole life! I thought the service was very good, the waiting staff was very friendly and professional. It was a great experience and I cannot recommend it enough, this place is simply paradise!

Jun 18, 2014

Vibe
    Contemporary, slightly posh and romantic setting.

Occasion
    A freaking special one! Mega points to boyfriend (Evan) for organised our anniversary dinner here :)

Spend
    $$$

Dress code
    A polished and simple sophisticated and/or tailored look.

Must try dishes
    So many unexpected flavours and textures, definitely worth the culinary experience. I Highly recommend getting the 7 course degustation, you get to try most of the key dishes in one sitting. Otherwise the Jewfish and rare seared venison (both mains) are a must! The food is so good, you will forget the disappointing view of the Cross in the first bite.

blogRead more on my blog

May 26, 2014

After writing many restaurant reviews over the years, I can honestly say this was the most disappointing fine dining experience Ive had. I am in shock that Gastro Park has 2 chef hats.

In short, the service was absolutely and tragically sub-par. I have never felt so frustrated at a restaurant which promised so much, nor so embarassed for the birthday girl when leaving. A late sitting turned into a long wait for a table, 15 minutes for a menu to arrive, another 5 minutes for a wine list to come (because you need to ask for one), and what must have been a round of flu in the service staff, as I think the wait staff were literally asked to start working that night. Inattentive, unprofessional and poorly-skilled (waitress had about 10 goes at picking up bread out of the basket, cleared plates at the wrong time, etc).

It all culminated when the cheese platter came out (with very rudimentary trimming I must add). My date took a bite out of the granny smith apple, and flipped it over, and was taken aback by a sticker still remaining on the apple skin. Just rudimentary professionalism that this restaurant doesn't have for the price you are paying.

Such a shame as I was greatly looking forward to supporting this place. I really wanted to like it. I must take my hat off to the kangaroo carpaccio and calamari crackling. Look elsewhere people, just too big a risk to pay this much for.

No sticker, thanks

May 12, 2014

We really enjoyed the food here and I rate it. The service was great however it's too expensive. At over $50 for a steak with nothing else we were quite disappointed. I had the lamb which was cooked very well but again the price was too much. The service was excellent however and they were very attentive. I can't say I'd return and the other 5 people at the table were of the same opinion.

May 03, 2014

First time at Gastro Park last night (even though we live less than a minute's walk away) and I have to say I was disappointed. The food was great, (we chose the tasting plates) but it all came so so so slowly; 3 hrs to serve seven dishes, all of which were delicious but not exactly filling and our glasses were empty half the time. All the more weird since the restaurant, which isn't exactly big, was only 2/3 full anyway and plenty of wait staff. On our visit the venue had all the ambience of a hotel lobby restaurant, topped off by the throb of dance music from the upstairs night club. At $600 for three, there are better experiences to be had.

Mar 15, 2014

The food is amazing! My friend and I enjoyed the most innovative meal - beautiful to look at, like an artwork and delectable. The service is welcoming and first rate. The space is gorgeous - enough room between the tables to speak freely, with the aspect of the ever changing Kings Cross scene. We loved Gastro Park and highly recommend it. One of Sydney's best!

Oct 11, 2013

Had the most amazing dinner here at Gastro Park on Saturday! The presentation, the flavours, the drinks, the service, the balloons, and everything else was perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Jun 12, 2013

What a wonderful experience at Gastro Park from the time we walked in, to the time we left. Warm and welcoming service and mind-blowing food. I don't normally eat dessert, but that was amazing. Must take my mum here for her birthday!

May 28, 2013

I really, really enjoyed the food and wine at Gastro Park. However, it was let down by a combination of other factors - especially the service and timing. As it was our wedding anniversary, I booked an 8.30pm table for a Saturday night more than a month in advance. When we arrived on time, we were told that our table wasn't ready, and we were invited to "have a glass of champagne at the bar" (naively, I assumed the glass each would be complimentary because of the wait, but that wasn't to be). We were waiting at the bar until after 9pm, when we were taken to our table at last. Service continued to be quite slow throughout the evening, and it was past midnight before we finished our meal. Lucky we weren't paying a babysitter that night! It's a shame about these issues as I really did enjoy the food and wine.

May 05, 2013