Doytao Thai

Thai

Sun to Thu 5pm - 10pm
Fri to Sat 5pm - 10:30pm

Overview of Doytao Thai

Doytao Thai Restaurant brings Bangkok's flavourful dishes to Australian soil. Established in 1998, Doytao offers a warm environment for families and friends to enjoy authentic Thai dishes. They now have a handful of restaurants across Sydney.

Add a Review for Doytao Thai

User Reviews of Doytao Thai, Sutherland

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Our first and more than likely last visit to this place was on the weekend. The restaurant is in an old house and we were sitting outside. It was quite warm and the benches we were sitting on were incredibly uncomfortable. The service was quite slow and the servers seemed flustered and confused.

The Massaman Beef was very average and we didn't like the very large cubes of beef it came with. The money bags were average also. The nicest dish that we had was the green curry but it was nothing to write home about.

Dec 17, 2012

This place is awful. If your idea of ambience is frequent diesel trains sit out side. The food is just not right which is annoying, because the place is quite convenient to where I live. Far too many onions. Do Onions count as vegetables? It seems they do. The money bags are greasy and the tom yum is not delicious. As I said they can't get it right. There is an awful smell of burnt rice drifting though which makes eating in less attractive that outside with the trains and the drunks. Service is poor.

Mar 12, 2012

Very nice thai food, very friendly staff members and good service. Never had a bad experience from here, meals are not over priced, the setting is nice (different). Will definitely be eating there again.

Feb 15, 2012

I love this place and I would regularly go until one day I found a hair in my green thai curry. Also I have asked for a green tea but strong with two tea bags. They were going to charge me dobule for putting an extra tea bag. When I informed the staff that the hair was in my food, no senior staff came out to apologise and offer something else, or at least not ask me to pay for the tea.

The service is awful in this place, the staff can not even speak Englsih. They are probably on the minimal wage. Very disappointed will never go back to this place again.

Aug 31, 2011

Food  9      Service  9      Value  9

We have had deliveries from Doytao twice. Very Good. Had money bags, massaman beef curry, duck curry, pad thai (dry not wet as it should be), friendly delivery guy, all good.

Aug 21, 2011

Food is boring and comparably expensive to other Thai restaurants in town, shabby and refurbished house come restaurant often appears quite dirty, service jumps from questionable to pleasantly indifferent depending on the server. Salt and pepper squid is terribly disappointing. External seating is good if you have a rowdy crowd of friends however.

Considering the amount of Thai places around there will always be somewhere better to eat.

Jul 14, 2011

Best thai ever! Really cheap prices. Good fresh food. Never had a bad meal here ever.

Jul 01, 2011

Location good, decor and building lovely, food not overly impressed, a shame as they could do better, it is a cheap night out, I guess you get what you pay for, sorry will not be going back.

Feb 14, 2011

My mother and I started out going to Doytao in newtown when I was younger and when we moved to the shire we were pleasantly surprised to find one in sutherland, I have always loved their food and we get take away from them on a fornightly basis. The only bad thing I can say is that sometimes it does take a long time but if you walk past and see that they are always packed you will know why.
    I'll always go back for the great food even better prices and I get to take some to work the next day because there was just so much we couldn't finish it!

Jul 06, 2010

Love, love, love everything about their food is wonderful, there sate chicken is amazing however its so popular it gets a little noisy.

Jun 05, 2010