Darcy's Restaurant (Closed)

Italian

Prices $$$

Average Meal Price $57 - based on one entree & main course only

Set Menu
Please email or phone us to arrange a set menu for your group/business lunch or dinner

Bookings

Bookings are preferred
Maximum group booking size is 55

The Lindsay
A private dining room suitable for groups of between 6 to 16 guests. It is named after the stunning collection of Norman Lindsay artwork's that adorn the walls. Many business deals have been brokered in this room. Also perfect for family gatherings.
Seating Capacity 16

The Upstairs
Our second floor dining space is perfect for up to 36 seated guests or an elegant cocktail party for up to 55 guests. Perfect for an intimate reception or to gather your business colleagues for a group lunch or dinner. Features an upstairs bar area.
Seating Capacity 36
Standing Capacity 55

Tue to Fri Noon - 3pm
Tue to Sat 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Remarks
Bookings recommended

Specialties

• Zucchini flowers filled with taleggio and potato, apple, vincotto
  • Pink snapper fillet with cherry tomatoes and caperberries
  • White rivers milk fed veal cutlet, wrapped in pancetta and sage
  • Tiramisù

Diners

Parking

Street Parking

Established in 1975

Overview of Darcy's Restaurant

Darcy’s Restaurant has been operating in the same location in Paddington for over 37 years. Originally starting as a partnership between Attilio Marinangeli and Aldo Zuzza in 1975, Darcy's quickly established itself as one of the pillars of traditional Italian cuisine in Sydney. In 1992, Attilio Marinangeli took sole ownership and continued to build on Darcy's success.

Darcy's caters to a wide range of clients from couples for a romantic or intimate dinner, to family get-togethers celebrating that special occasion, to professionals seeking the ideal venue to do business. Conveniently located in the heart of the Eastern Suburbs, the atmosphere over our two levels of dining, including two private dining rooms, is elegant yet relaxed.

Our signature dishes include zucchini flowers filled with taleggio and potato, apple, vincotto; orecchiette with braised lamb, peas, orange; pink snapper fillet with cherry tomatoes, caperberries; white rivers milk fed veal cutlet, wrapped in pancetta, sage. No meal is complete without sampling one of our mouth-watering desserts. Favourites include tiramisú; poached peaches, lemon curd, raspberries, savoiardi; cassata with chocolate, almond, cherry.

Add a Review for Darcy's Restaurant

User Reviews of Darcy's Restaurant, Paddington

Page: previous 1 2 3 4 Next

This was one of the worst dining experiences that I had, would strongly recommend against this place. Certainly try it before organising an event here or coming for a special occasion

The evening started with waiter serving us stale bread rolls. The wine was over-priced and obviously so-the mark-up on some wines was $30. The food, when it finally arrived, was very bland and certainly not what you would expect for the price. My veal was 2 slices of veal medallions covered in gravy and decorated with a tiny flower made from a carrot, all for $45. You can do better at home. If you are looking describe the atmosphere in 2 words, then "retirement village" and "country club" come to mind. Other than us all other patrons were 50+.

While you can see that all of them were regular clientele, I would suspect that they wetr there more out of habit and convenience rather than for a fine dining experience. Maybe I'm just not old enough to appreciate the food and its all good for older people, but if you are young this place is an absolute waste of an evening and money.

Jan 02, 2009

Great atmosphere, good food, if a little overpriced, not sure about the cookery lesson in the review below. We go regularly and it is always good, child friendly too.

Oct 08, 2008

We ended up at Darcy's after being treated like dirt elsewhere so the service was refreshing! A delightful experience and nice to know there is still somewhere you can go and be treated well.

The food was lovely but it was the whole experience that made the evening so pleasant. A lovely wine match was recommended with our food & we were able to enjoy chatting with each other instead of having to yell to be heard. A lovely evening with superb service, it's not really fine dining so don't expect or rate it as though it is, it's simple Italian.

My only criticism... the steak lacks flavour if I eat meat, I want to taste the meat, I don't want tasteless meat with a flavourful sauce. There's an amazing supplier of Australian meat that I found in Bali of all places, I bought a crivac steak & cut in into cubes, thread it onto wooden sticks & seared it, that's all it needed! The flavour was amazing...I think it was SA produce. Restaurants of Sydney...please check it out, that's what we want!

Apr 14, 2008

Darcy's is an education in old school, effortless dining. The Maitre'd is a very entertaining gentleman who obviously knows his stuff. The food is simple, delicious and well presented.

The restaurant itself is quite conservative with everyone talking in hushed tones so don't expect to be dancing on the tables...but that's not what Darcy's is about. The wine list is extensive, combine that with the food and service, and you are in for a very civilised dining experience.

Apr 09, 2008

Love this upmarket Italian restaurant. Can't comment on anything but the pasta, which is just the best and the only thing I ever eat here. Wait staff and maitre d' are very charming and service is good. Recommended.

Jan 20, 2008

I took my wife here for an anniversary dinner as she had never been and she was absolutely blown away with the quality of the food.

While some comments I read were rather negative, Darcy's is somewhat of an institution and we had a splendid meal. Tuna Carpaccio was heavenly, the main meals spot on and the wine list was incredible...and pretty reasonable too!

If you've never been go for the experience, chances are you'll get a similar expereince to ours.

Jan 14, 2008

The restaurant has been there FOR-EVER! Old style and quiet inside. Went there for the first time and found the service to be good and the food not so great - certainly not what I was expecting. My main meal was really just like a home cooked meal and the entree of prawns was overpriced and so small. I won't be going back.

Mar 26, 2007

Whilst I agree on the comments that the service at Darcys is impeccable, I will say that having eaten there (mainly due to the good reviews from this site) I found the biggest let down was the food, for the price I found that it was not up to the standard I had had at cheaper places.

The mains were overcooked (the meat) and drenched in over powering flavours that did not complement the meat. The starter was unmemorable (can't even recall now what I had) and we too were given the free Tiramasu. But one dessert does not make up for a poor quality meal.

The service was excellent and the place itself is very comfortable (if a little to quiet) to dine in but on the value for money front I personally could not recommend it as I felt its popularity for fine dining was based on a pre-existing reputation rather than the standard of the food now.

If we are to eat food from the 70's which is over produced and over cooked surely we should be paying the same price it costed then, not the equivalent (if not more expensive) cost of other restaurants in Paddington, such as Lucio's, Buon Ricordo and Buzo which serve far better Italian cuisine.

Feb 27, 2007

We chose Darcy's for our anniversary dinner (since Buzo had their phone on answering machine and never returned our call). They were delighted to take our booking - a pleasant change. My husband chose the oystes natural for entree which he said were incredibly fresh. We had the steak Dianne and the veal scalopini for mains - both of which were very seventies choices, done to perfection with absolutely no pretention. Yes, we paid extra for the vegetables but we simply didn't care. My non-vegetable eating husband miraculously demolished all the creamed spinach which was clearly homemade and loaded with garlic.

We let slip it was our anniversary and they presented us with a complimentary piece of tiramisu which was delicious! The best part of the night was the service - it was impeccable. We were so impressed we seriously over tipped. I'm sure they'll be happy to see us again. Note: for some reason, Darcy's water is delicious. We'd go there again just for the water!

Sep 14, 2006

Overated, being Italian I can cook better myself and with fresher ingredients! Not authentic Italian and overpriced! Side vegetables which are supposed to come with your average $36 main is charged at $5 per main. Mind you, the spinach are the frozen one from the packet. You can find better Italian restaurants in Sydney with a lot less money. The building is nice, decor too morbid, no backgroung music. What a waste!

Aug 29, 2006

Page: previous 1 2 3 4 Next

Darcy's Restaurant The Lindsay private room Downstairs Wine Cellar Grilled asparagus with fried duck egg, pecorino an... Orecchiette pasta with prawns, cherry tomatoes, ba... Double vanilla semifreddo with fresh strawberries,...