Cyren Restaurant and Bar

1300 989 989

Add a Review for Cyren Restaurant and Bar

User Reviews of Cyren Restaurant and Bar, Sydney CBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

We came with no booking on a Saturday night just after the fireworks, there was about a 15 to 20 minute wait, so that was ok considering how busy they were. We were seated at our table promptly, given menus and were then left alone for what felt like an eternity. No one came to check up on us nor ask us if we wanted any drinks. Staff seem very oblivious to their surroundings. Eventually I made eye contact with a waiter and we were then able to place our orders.

Food didn't take that long to come out. The $99 seafood platter for 2 was quite nice and seemed fresh and although not stated on the menu, it does come with chips. We were pleasantly surprised as I am always unsure about food quality when dining in Darling Harbour. Including entree and wine, we left full and impressed at what we were served.

In conclusion, I think the food here is good and one of the better restaurants around the harbour (though I am yet to try their steaks or ribs), but their main problem is the service. Its hard to get anyone's attention to take orders, get plates cleared etc. When we were getting ready to leave, we overhead the table next to us complain to a waiter that they had all finished their mains and were still waiting on their drinks. And judging from other reviews, everyone seems to echo the same issue.

Mobile Review Nov 09, 2014

'NOM NOM NOM'

Food is slightly disappointing for the price I am paying. Service is also subpar for such a large and well known venue. The place is possibly more enjoyable for lunch with a nice view but not worth visiting for dinner.

blogRead more on my blog

Oct 16, 2014

Food is generally good... service can be improved. We ordered drink first and they arrived after we had finished starters and were half way through mains and I had started to wonder if they had forgotten our drinks! Plus $10 Sunday surcharge!

Jun 01, 2014

I recommended Syrens to my son and his girlfriend for their 4 year anniversary. Unfortunately they were very disappointed. From start to finish the service was bellow their usual standard. The table was not ready, they had to wait half an hour to get a cocktail, ask for a steak knife for their meat and we're basically treated as second class citizens. I realize that age works against them in some restaurants but I would think a customer is a customer regardless of age especially when they had to save up for the occasion.

Sep 08, 2013

My entire family and I have celebrated birthdays and Christmases here over the last couple of years. Unfortunately, my last visit to Cyren has lowered my opinion and expectations of this once-revered restaurant. My sister and I arrived after 1pm last Saturday. (Granted this was an extremely busy time and the weather was absolutely perfect for lunch with a harbour view.) However, once we were seated (with two menus reading differently), we attempted to draw the attention of one of the many waitstaff on the floor to make our inquiries and order. We waited and we waited. About 25 minutes later when the couple at the neighboring table were given their order even though arriving just 5 minutes earlier, we simply had to leave. This was an extremely disappointing experience. One which has us questioning whether we will ever return to be treated with such little respect.

Response from Management:
    Hi grrroxy_babette,

We would like to apologise for the service you received during your visit to Cyren. As you know from previous experiences, It is very unlike Cyren to provide such a service. We pride ourself on quality service and product, and value our customers such as yourself very much. We hope we can see you soon again and we will invest our time and efforts into bettering our services, ensuring your next experience with us is an excellent one. We apologise once more and please extend our apologies to your sister also.

Kind regards
    Cyren Bar - Grill - Seafood

Aug 08, 2013

Ambience  8      Service  1

Went for breakfast, waiters came after 10 minute wait; we left after 50 minutes because the food hadn't arrived? Why are they in business if they could care less about customers? Never again! There are lots of places that want customers: thank you!

Mobile Review Aug 03, 2013

We came here for lunch on Sunday 16 June 2013.

This is indeed one of the worst restaurants I have been to.

The service is horrible: the waiters were rude and the wait for our food took forever.

I will never be back here again.

Additionally, I cannot understand why there is an extra charge for patrons on Sundays.

Mobile Review Jun 16, 2013

A really enjoyable experience! I was here last Friday night with my girlfriends and we all had a very good time. We requested a table outside so we could enjoy the beautiful view of darling harbour and only had to wait about 10 minutes which during that time, we sat at the bar and had a drink each. We shared a chicken souvlaki pizza as an entree which was divine! I had the Angus Scotch Fillet which was a little bit dry but overall - good food! Service was friendly and the whole friday night atmosphere was really enjoyable.

Jun 03, 2013

Been here a couple of times, each time been a great experience, seafood platter for two is fabulous and very large, staff are very friendly and attentive good wine list. Great location and ambience.

Jun 02, 2013

Came here during the Easter break. The service was surprisingly excellent considering it was extremely busy! Shared the seafood platter with my friend--talk about value for money. It was really fresh, which is hard to find these days! My boyfriend had the steak, cooked perfectly! Their cocktail menu was also very good. I ended up having more than a few, which was lots of fun! The view was out of this world and the sun came out for us, which was amazing! One of my favourite restaurants by far. Thanks to the staff at Cyren!

Apr 03, 2013

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Cyren Restaurant and Bar Angus fillet mignon 1.2kg Tomahawk steak - a bit rare Giant Pork Ribs