Cucina Viscontini

Cucina Viscontini Website

Bookings

Bookings are preferred
Maximum group booking size is 150
Inside and outside seating available. Air conditioned inside, protected outside dining with heaters in winter. Padded dining chairs inside for comfort. Comfortable lounge bar area with television inside for casual drinks or tapas.

Breakfast
Mon to Sun 7:30am - 11:30am
Mon to Sun Noon - 3:30pm
Thu to Sat 5:30pm - 9:30pm

Bottled wine only
Corkage Per Person $2.00 Wine Selection
On site bottle store with large selection of local and imported wines

Cafes

EFTPos

Add a Review for Cucina Viscontini

User Reviews of Cucina Viscontini, Homebush Bay

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Food  3      Coffee  4      Ambience  8      Service  4      Value  3

I work locally and have breakfast here twice a week because it's pretty average, came for lunch and had spaghetti marinara. Well what can I say it's like Church St Parramatta, blend and no love of thought put into such un mistakable dish, overall good for the locals. For an Italian food/seafood lover it's pretty but tasteless order a burger next time for a quick fix and hope not to add so much salt.

Master Reviewer
    Daniel. L.

Aug 22, 2014

Food  5      Coffee  5      Ambience  3      Service  2      Value  2

We waited to be seated, waited to get menus and waited at least 30mins for lunch when the restaurant was 1/4 full. Food is overpriced for what you get eg. 3 oversized spinach raviolis as a main for $23, which I consider an entree size. Panzanella salad was drenched in oil and tasteless, and the few measly chicken pieces that were added were dry and overcooked. No offer of parmesan cheese for the ravioli pasta or ground pepper. Wait staff seemed run off their feet even though there was hardly anyone there. Would hate to come here on a busy day/night! The deli is a nice touch though staff was nowhere to be found. It's a shame, as we are locals but we won't be back.

Jan 03, 2014

Food  2      Ambience  3      Service  1      Value  1      Drinks  1

This place has pretensions well beyond its quality as a restaurant. If you want overpriced cold food with even colder attitudes from staff, then this is the place for you. Be warned - you will have to order drinks twice, get them once and be charged twice. You will get cold entre-sized mains, all served with an indifference that is stunning. I just got home from "dining" there and have never written a complaint about a restaurant but this place is wall-to-wall arrogance with some of the poorest food I have come across. Give it a miss.

Aug 01, 2013

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  9      Drinks  9

Went here for a early dinner tonight, very clean restaurant, great ambiance, very peaceful and has great feel inside.

Service was really good, they kept checking on us. Really welcoming and friendly towards the kids.

Our meal came out really quickly. Food is really fresh and tasty, the vegetarian pizza is just delicious. And the kids cheese pizza was great, looking at it we thought it was going to be dry, but it wasn't and the kids loved it.

The brushetta was tasty and the chips left you wanting more.

The menu is pretty basic could do with more variety though the choices look good.

The Chocolate Profiteroles are to die for. We each had 1 and the kids were asking for more. YUM.

There is music playing in the background, a really good nite out.

Just a tip go early to avoid parking dramas. We will be back.

Jul 04, 2013

Food  1      Coffee  2      Ambience  1      Service  1      Value  1      Drinks  1

I went to Cucina Viscontini Wentworh Point yesterday for what I thought would be a nice Morher's Day lunch but after waiting an hour for tasteless garlic bread which was actually plain bread with a splash of olive oil I knew we were in for a treat!

Being an Italian Restaurant I had ordered a 'Gourmet pizza' with prawns and a salad, when the meal was brought to the table I was disgusted at firstly the presentation as it looked like the pizza had been cut blindfolded to say the very least, the large size pizza had absolutely nothing on it but 5 prawns and someone had thrown a couple of pieces of sliced tomato. It was tasteless, horrible, cheap looking and tasting and disappointing.

I wondered had they run out of the pizza base sauce, cheese and prawns! Where was the rest of this so called pizza! It looked like a joke on a plate! Furthermore the salad was a bit of rocket with some olive oil another fail at Italian cuisine, really how hard can it be to make a good salad and pizza? It's not rocket science! I spoken to one of the waitresses Vicki, and she agreed the pizza was of horrible quality and presentation and said she would 'speak to the chef' 15 mins later she did not resolve the matter or remove the horrible mess from my sight so I decided up leave and go elsewhere maybe McDonald's would have been a better choice at least their customer service is better than this place!

I approached the cashier and told the older Italian lady asked me 'how was the meal?' Given the unimpressed look on my and my mothers faces I told her it was horrible to say the very very least. I elaborated and told her about be quality of the food that was placed in front of me only to be then rudely interrupted by the same waitress whom I showed the dismal pizza to Vicky, she then began yelling in my face and arguing that they were very busy and that waiting an hour for garlic bread was normal and I could have gone anywhere I would have to wait that long, I told her regardless of the waiting time the quality of the food was shocking, she said 'why didn't you tell someone when it came to you' was this a joke! 'I did!' I said, and I had brought it up with this waitress Vicky and she had not rectified the problem to begin with and had the nerve to talk down to me, yelling and screaming which is the highest act of rudeness towards any customer!

The matter was dealt with unprofessionally and I was made to feel bad for wanting a decent meal! And so it concluded, with absolutely no apology whatsoever for our bad experience she said 'so what didn't you like' and scratched it from the bill and so I said the entrees were fine and so I paid $40 for that, it was only after the heat of the moment when I left this horrible existence of a restaurant and that demeaning waitress, that I realised she had over charged me for the entrees!

Cheap and nasty! Keep your money, your sanity and your time for a more professional restaurant that knows how to treat their customers, I'm not concerned about the food it was the way I was spoken to and degraded in front of patrons that disgusted me. Never again!

May 13, 2013

Food  9      Ambience  8      Service  7      Value  9      Drinks  9

I've dined here quite a few times and have never had a bad experience... the food is exceptional, on par with many establishments in the east,and the service? Well to be honest I can't resist the Italian charm, and yes that refers to the owner who quite a few have commented negatively on! Have any one of you so called "critics" actually ventured to the Mediterranean? 90% of the people are rude and arrogant, But that's the beautiful thing! You're getting the real deal here people, a real sense of Italy.

Mar 13, 2013

Food  7      Ambience  7      Service  7      Value  5      Drinks  7

We went for Sunday lunch and actually found the service here quite pleasant & efficient. We had pasta, both were small serves and each over $25. I tried to order the 'champagne lobster' pasta option. I was told it was not lobster, but crab so I passed & went for the pork sausage, truffle and fresh cream dish. Nice flavour, but really, if I venture out to have pasta at a restaurant I want my socks blown off. It just fell short of that here. My partner felt the same about her mussel linguine dish. The attached deli/bottle shop is an interesting concept, would be interested to know if actually works for them as the mix is a bit eclectic. I hope it is working, there needs to be more of it.

Mar 04, 2013

Food  6      Ambience  7      Service  3      Value  3      Drinks  3

I actually don't mind this place. The senior staff has a tendency to be negative, opinionated, rude and impolite. The waiters follow a similar attitude. However, in spurts, he can be extremely pleasant, depends what mood you catch him in, I guess.

I've also found (as other reviewers have pointed out) that they will double charge wherever possible. Looking outside of that, the atmosphere is nice (especially since they've refurnished the place), the location is pleasant and the newer items on the menu are tasty (avoid the focaccia's though, they aren't great).

Jun 21, 2012

Food  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10      Drinks  7

I eat here regularly. Absolutely love the place.

The food is incredible! This is not your average pizza and pasta place it is modern Italian. It is inventive, fresh and your meat is always cooked the way you like it. The only negative thing I will say is they need to buy a better brand of coffee.

Jun 17, 2012

Food  8      Ambience  8      Service  8      Value  7      Drinks  9

Can't resist going here in the morning for freshly baked bread and croissants. The coffee is consistently great. My kids love coming here too! The owners and staff are very friendly (provide colouring in and the occasional treat for my kids). There are always lots of regulars here, so it feels very familiar and homely. Highly recommend the garlic prawns and the burger (huge but yummy!). My kids love the calamari fritti and the margarita pizza.

Jun 03, 2012

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Cucina Viscontini - Entree Cucina Viscontini - Specials Cucina Viscontini - Happy Hour Cucina Viscontini - Pasta Entree Cucina Viscontini - Seafood Cucina Viscontini - Mussels Cucina Viscontini - Antipasto Cucina Viscontini Restaurant Cucina Viscontini Bar & Lounge Cucina Viscontini - Rib Eye Cucina Viscontini - Dessert False advertising at Cafe Viscontini

Related Editorial Content for Cucina Viscontini