Criniti’s Darling Harbour

Open on Public Holidays

EFTPos
Diners

Notes

Indulge in Criniti's pantry, a delicious assortment of luxurious cakes and desserts, handmade from our unique and traditional recipes to satisfy the chocolate, blueberry, caramel, strawberry, cheesecake, tiramisu and profiterole lover!

Criniti’s Darling Harbour Awards

2010

I Love Food award - State winner

Overview of Criniti’s Darling Harbour

Criniti's Ristorante is Sydney's award winning Southern Italian cuisine with two restaurants located in Darling Harbour and Parramatta. Suitable for business functions and banquets, or an intimate and unforgettable dining experience. Criniti's caters to all ages and tastes, offering gourmet Southern Italian cuisine at its absolute best.

Add a Review for Criniti’s Darling Harbour

User Reviews of Criniti’s Darling Harbour

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Food, service and the view are all amazing. Only downside is having to wait, but the wait is so worth it! Food is to die for!

Mobile Review Jul 20, 2014

I had this ribs craving and went straight for Hurricane's at about 5:20pm and there was already a huge queue. Criniti's had lots of free tables, so we decided to go in.

The Welcome

Despite having half the restaurant empty at that time. The "please wait to be seated" lady came across very arrogant as if she was doing me a big favour, fair enough we did not have a booking. The right thing to do instead was to welcome us with "let me see what I can do to accommodate or please make a booking at another time". In the end, we were seated at the edge of a reserved table of 20 and were "accepted" on condition that we leave within one and a half hours (which is a huge amount of time). One thing to note is that, the restaurant was still half-empty by the time we left.

SPAGHETTI E POLPETTE - Homemade spaghetti with mamma criniti’s meatballs, cherry tomatoes & sugo di pomodoro

Pasta was cooked al dente, the sauce was tangy and tasted very fresh. The star of the show was the delicious meatballs. Although they were classic in terms of seasoning and spicing, they were a classic done well.

PIZZA CARNE AMORE - veal, salame, ham, pancetta, sausage, mozzarella, origano & bbq sugo

Pizza was very delicious, smoky from the woodfire, fresh ingredients from the pantry and a balsilmic dressing over did make it delicious at first.
    Why at first? the downside is that, the pizza has to be eaten fast as the dressing does make the base very soggy within 15 minutes. Veal was tender, the thinly sliced cured meats' fat got rendered and the slightly charred ends did deliver good flavours.

Service once inside was pretty good! most waiters seem to be the real deal, that is Italiano and scanning the room. One sour note is that compulsory service charge! I do not mind tipping when they deliver good service, what if they don't? can I get a 10% discount?

Conclusion - Good restaurant for big groups (6+) as they have 1+ metre long pizzas and a great bar. Not much of foodie destination, although the view on the balcony is pretty good and if you get your timing right, VIP seats for the fireworks on Saturday nights are two of the only reasons to dine here.

@thesydneynoob

CARNE AMORE SPAGHETTI E POLPETTE

blogRead more on my blog

May 04, 2014

They have a 2 hour maximum booking, they rushed out our entrees and mains then had to wait 30 mins for dessert. I eat seafood marinara everywhere I go and it was honestly the worst dish I have ever eaten, the sauce literally tasted like the mixed tomato sauce from a bottle with water, it was so dark where they sat us we had to get out our phones just to read the menu. None of the staff could speak English let alone understand what we wanted to order. Way over priced 2 entrees 2 mains 2 drinks and share desert cost $270. Think twice before going here I'm sure there are much nicer places for the money.

Mobile Review Mar 29, 2014

The search for a venue for our case competition team dinner was difficult, but after browsing the restaurants at Darling Harbor, we eventually settled on Criniti’s!

Food:
    Previous experiences have taught me to stay clear of the pasta dishes! My personal preference at Criniti’s is the woodfired pizza – they certainly do it best, and I have not as yet had better. Then comes the tough choices, what size pizza to order, and what flavors to pick. From experience, the 1 metre pizza can easily feed four people if you’re a big eater, or around six people if you eat smaller main meals, or order one of their pizza crusts. The 0.5 metre pizza is a good pick for a group of four if you are brave enough to try one of their other pizzas!

blogRead more on my blog

Mar 05, 2014

Went for a friend's birthday and since we have a group of 12 we were forced to get the set menu. The set menu was terrible as they offered the most average and boring dishes possible. The pastas were so tasteless and pizzas had almost no toppings.

The place was relatively empty but service was terrible. One waiter had spilled a whole jug of water on my friend's jacket by accidentally dropping it. No apologies were given and when my friend complained all he got was "it's just a jacket".

We complained to the management about this rude waiter and got offered a free coke? Hmm.. not really worth a wet jacket that couldn't be worn for the rest of the night.

Food is overpriced and below average. Definitely not returning and won't be recommending.

Aug 28, 2013

This restaurant is always busy especially on friday and saturday nights. I recommend to book before as it could take over an hour of waiting if there is no booking on busier nights. The food tastes great, especially the range of pastas. Menu is a little pricey though.

Aug 19, 2013

I love this place. The food and atmosphere is great and the staff are very helpful. It is the perfect venue to go and enjoy some drinks and a great dinner on a Saturday night.

Overall, I thought the food was excellent and we also topped it off with a great desert. The prices were reasonable too. We will definitely be coming back again!

Jul 30, 2013

Very disappointing. The food was good but the service was awful, we had booked for 7 they set a table for 6 and then were angry when we asked for another chair saying we only booked for six. The waitress then put the seventh person in the walk way on the end of the table. Will not return over priced spag bol.

Jul 12, 2013

Very ordinary restaurant. Overpriced for what it is... quite disappointing.

Jul 12, 2013

I loved criniti when it first opened now I'm over it! Too crowded and too over rated! Food is nice don't get me wrong but it's not the best and for the prices they have you expect the best! I booked once over the phone and they said that bookings for that night (was a Saturday) will only be for one hour, we could def eat under an hour but its just plain rude to me to set a time limit when your paying quite a lot of money. Fave dishes would be the penne with chicken n cream and I love the salt and pepper squid here. I love the pizza, garlic bread and they have good ideas for their cocktails. The dessert I love is the canoli's but yet I wouldn't go here unless a special occasion as I feel I have to dress up like its night club with every one being so overly dressed! I would prob say great idea for a birthday :)

Mobile Review Jul 09, 2013

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Criniti’s Ristorante Criniti’s Ristorante Criniti’s Ristorante Criniti’s Ristorante Criniti’s Ristorante Criniti’s Ristorante Criniti’s Ristorante Criniti’s Ristorante Criniti’s Ristorante Criniti’s Ristorante Criniti’s Ristorante Criniti’s Darling Harbour Criniti’s Darling Harbour Criniti’s Darling Harbour Criniti’s Darling Harbour Criniti’s Darling Harbour Criniti’s Darling Harbour Chicken Buscaiola-Spot the difference Chicken Alfredo-Spot the difference Criniti’s Darling Harbour POGGIOTONDO CHIANTI CERRA DEL MASSO 2009 CARNE AMORE SPAGHETTI E POLPETTE