Chinese Noodle House

Chinese

Available

Add a Review for Chinese Noodle House

User Reviews of Chinese Noodle House, Haymarket

It's a hole in the wall dishing up the ultimate dumplings and braised eggplant. Quick, mouth watering meals so good you'll be back. Even if you think you won't, you will.

Mar 06, 2014

There are much better chinese restaurants around this area - the potatoes we had here were not cooked through, the pork in hot sichuan sauce had hardly any pork in it. Weren't a lot of chinese people dining here which was a bad sign.

blogRead more on my blog

Feb 09, 2014

This is one or two doors over from the Chinese Noodle Restaurant. So, I didn't see any grapes hanging in here or deer art on the walls. But I didn't look either...

I took a take away bento style meal from this restaurant with the egg plant in oil ($3.50).

I had the fried chicken set ($9.00) and sweet green tea ($1.00).

It wasnt too bad... just oily... really really drenched in oil and the chicken was a little dry.

I would go back again, but would be very careful with what I order as oil is not something I enjoy if overdone. This place does seem to be a popular one and I would like to give it a chance.

Aug 04, 2012

A really nice handmade noodle and dumplings and oh, their dried chilli oil is superb! Worth every cent spent. Cheap, good value and tasted good! Been there many times and service is good.

Jul 05, 2012

Not a place to take your first date but food is always good. Must try is the pork and chives dumplings (I like the boiled ones not fried) and the beef hand made fried noodles. They can get really packed out and sometimes we get rushed but it's worth it.

Jun 30, 2012

Superb food at amazingly low price. I'm always angling to eat here when nearby. Don't worry about the decor as you should be looking at the food and your companions. Worth the wait if they are busy and you have to stand outside but now they've expanded and have the two rooms (10 metres apart) that doesn't happen as often.

BYO wine/beer/spirits is handy too.

Jun 03, 2012

Awesome place with the cheapest and yummiest food! Halal as well which is quite unusual for a Chinese place. We ordered the lamb skewers & chicken wings. both with a yummy spicy chilli powder. Cheap, cheerful, super quick service and delicious. I will be back here!

Dec 11, 2011

I love this noodle house. Nice food with cheap price! My friends and I went there last night, so busy there! We had to order food outside the restaurant, but the service is quick, just 5 minutes later, we got our tables and the food all coming to our table with a free pot of chinese tea in the same time. "So yummy!" my friend said. Especially the special braised eggplant, steam dumplings and the braised beef soup knife sliced noodle. They are all traditional chinese food but this shop made them even better than we had those food in china.

After we finished, we got our bill, we cannot believe that 4 of us ordered 5 dishes and just cost about 42 dollars. Food is delicious and come fast and fresh, price is so cheap and the service is great with smile.

Overall, this is the best place to go with friends and familys. My friends and I will keep coming to this noodle house!

Sep 24, 2011

This place is a hidden Gem! Been here many times and it has been 10/10 for food each and every time, this place does not disappoint!

Although the restaurant is small and cramped, don't be offput by the way ambience of the restaurant, just give it a try. At time you may have to share a table with other customers, but all is good, because food is served quick and fresh. You would be lucky to get the table by the kitchen window, where you can watch the chef prepare the hand pulled noodles right in front of you.

Recommended to try the pork and chives steamed dumplings, or you can have them boiled or pan dried either one they all taste yummy. Definitely a place to visit if you want fast service, excellent tasting food, and good value for money! Enjoy!

Sep 04, 2011

This is one of my favourite places to eat simply because the food is such good value. I always get the same thing. Boiled dumplings. Beef and shallots. Just thinking about it now makes me want some and I ate here yesterday.

This place once used to be a hidden gem I'm sure. Not anymore. Every week night after 6 pm there is a small fast moving queue to eat here. It is well worth it.
    If it is busy, the lady out the front of the restaurant will ask you what you would like before you even enter, and they will start to prepare your food before you are even seated.

This is a great idea because not long after you sit, your food is already being prepared. My only complaint is that the staff are not the friendliest. I understand exactly what they are doing trying to turn over tables as many times as they can. It is a customer like me they want, well aware of what they are doing and happy to comply. They could still smile when they do it though, that being said.

I will not stop eating here. It isn't the prettiest place (there are plastic vine leave on the ceiling and tapestries that are so out of place) and the owner likes to play violin on busy nights and knows about 6 songs which gets very old very quickly. This is all part of the atmosphere, this isn't fine dining, nor does it aim to be. It is very kitsch without even realising, all the more reason to love it.

The food is sooo good. You can see people working in the kitchen making the noodles and there is no question that what you are eating is fresh because they turn over so many customers no food has time to go bad.

Please eat here. It is amazing.

Sep 03, 2011