Charcoal Plaza BBQ Buffet

Charcoal Plaza BBQ Buffet Contact Info

Korean

Add a Review for Charcoal Plaza BBQ Buffet

User Reviews of Charcoal Plaza BBQ Buffet, Kings Cross

Great little place! When I first walked in I had second thoughts but once we got started there was no looking back. Food was great, service was even better. The look of the venue isn't anything spectacular but over all I was very impressed. Will be returning.

Sep 16, 2012

This place is fantastic. Just arrived home and I'll tell you if you're not a local it's worth the trek. I've been to many BBQ places, but this one is very good. The owner was great and very helpful. Would really recommend this place. Can't go wrong paying $26 p/h all u can eat.

Jun 16, 2012

My favourite korean bbq in town! Very good value, and have sufficient variety to try!

May 29, 2010

Good value for money.

Jan 29, 2010

I work in the Food & Hospitality Industry and I googled a buffet restaurant in Kings Cross/Potts Point for a good value place to eat and stumbled across Charcoal Plaza BBQ Buffet as a visitor to Sydney.

I went with a friend of mine as a hell, it's only $24.95 a head, let's give it a go. We were met with very friendly staff and the head food service/manager/owner showed us to our table, he then took us by the hand and explained to us about how the BBQ works, then explained all the ingredients, the preferred cooking times and procedures. He then ran and grabbed us sauces and plates and drinks, more coal and changed our grill 3 times throughout the session.

The food was more than plentiful, and was replaced within 5 minutes if a dish was empty. Yeah sure the 'ambience' is not romantic and not a place to take your first date or to pop the questions. However, saying that, what an interactive and experience full of excitement and fun. We loved it and fully recommend it to you and everyone else. Thanks for such an enjoyable and pleasant experience.

Aug 02, 2009

This place seems to be the local hangout for Korean students intent on polishing off the bottle of whiskey they have brought with them in between mouthfuls of bbq meat. But it's all good, I actually enjoyed the boisterous atmosphere, and let's face it, nobody is here for the decor.

The buffet selection is great, a range of fresh meats and seafood, and at the price ($25 all you can eat), you really can't go wrong. A great place to go when you are hungry for a relaxed and jovial meal.

May 31, 2009

Not the best BBQ buffet in town, but the food was worth it. I mean, $25 for all you can eat buffert, who can resist that! :P Unlimited beef tongue and nice range of marinated beef, chicken, and some seafood. What's nice, they change the metallic tray where we cook the meat every 15 minutes, approximately. I would go back here.

Oct 10, 2008

The female helpers around the place are constantly attentive to customer needs.

Food choice remains the same for about 2 yrs since my wife and I tried it. The owner just doesn't know how to liven up the place with new choice installments - quite boring after a few attendances eating the same o same o stuff

Among one of my favorite is the marinated beef (hehehe...I feel guilty as I am always the one to get most of this) - heck! I come here just for the beef alone!

Unfortunately during the night the marinated beef ran out and one of the female helpers came out with a new tray (I didn't take it all - honestly!). I returned for seconds and what do you know? The taste and texture weren't the same - it was lacking any flavor and was like chewing cowhide.

So came the time I paid the bill, I announced to the boss that the beef was below par with his regular batch, he just rudely shrugged it off and created a lame excuse saying that they had a big reception on Monday night, Tuesday was closed and that my wife and I arrived when the beef was in short supply, and that they didn’t have enough ‘marinating’ time so it was a case of "bad luck" (in his own words) that we visited on wednesday night.

Not being apologetic was bad enough, but to distance himself from any responsibility? That is just inexcusable, undiplomatic and downright showing his lack of astuteness running a buffet eatery.

There are better Korean buffets all around Sydney and with an arrogant guy with limited vocabulary standing behind the counter at Charcoal Plaza - you have been warned.

Sep 25, 2008

Only been here once - so far! Food was super fresh, salads lovely, staff were friendly and attentive and BYO is only $2. Only slight critiscm is that the grills were a bit on the small side for a party of 4 but that only means that you can't stuff yourself too quickly so you can take your time and have a very relaxed meal. Will be back for sure.

BTW price is now $23.50 pp.

Feb 22, 2008

The staff at Charcoal Plaza are very friendly and helpful. They have a wide selection of fresh vegetables and a variety of well marinated meats. The bulgogi was great and so was the chicken. I'm really looking forward to a return visit!

Jan 16, 2008