Cafe Mint

Middle Eastern

Chef

Yoni Kalfus & Hugh Foster

Prices $$$

Average Meal Price $28 - based on one main course only (entree could not be calculated)

Breakfast

Cafes

Parking

Street Parking

Overview of Cafe Mint

Cafe by day, restaurant by night cafe mint draws from the southern and eastern shores of the Mediterranean to bring you interesting and affordable food in a cosy and elegant environment. Weekend brunches are busy and a quick look at the exotic fare on the menu will tell you why.

Add a Review for Cafe Mint

User Reviews of Cafe Mint, Surry Hills

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

This is a great little place. We had some mezze dishes to start the shared a couple of mains and for four people it was plenty. The staff were fantastic. I hope I'm back again soon :)

Mobile Review Aug 01, 2014

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

What a great place. Couldn't fault the food, service or value. We had a Mezze plate to share along with a Haloumi salad for entres. Our friends had the lamb kefka and the lamb cheeks. I had the Kefka as well. Delicious. My wife had the baked beetrrot salad. Perfect. Then the desert! A tasting plate of middle east delights. And beautifully presented. Wine list was good and reasonably priced. And great service. A perfect night out.

Jul 27, 2014

Food  9      Coffee  8      Ambience  9      Service  9      Value  8

Love the coffee here, always get one when I'm in the area, staff are always lovely and the food is always really fresh and just so yummy!

Sep 23, 2013

Food  7      Coffee  6      Ambience  8      Service  7      Value  8

Came here on for sunday brunch, its a small place best for couples and small groups, they have quite a few interesting breakfast options and a great place if you want to break away from your usual eggs benedict, or eggs and bacon sunday type breakky. We had the lamb and chicken biryani, not quite an authentic one though I don't think it claims to be as this place is a mix of modern mediterranean and middle eastern food. I had the spicy sausages and capsicum with couscous, which was filling and very tasty. My only gripe would be the 10% surcharge on sundays which I think they should get rid of. All in all a nice little cafe with some buzz.

Apr 18, 2013

Great food, fresh and delicious always, super friendly staff and value for money. What more can you expect from a food joint. Absolutely recommended!

Apr 23, 2012

Been to this little cafe (more restaurant) twice now, about a year apart each visit but this is definitely a place I would recommend.

The food is interesting, not your standard fare (I.e. saffron ice cream?) but always delicious. I really think this place is worth a visit!

A bit pricey but I suppose the norm in Sydney, service can be a bit hit or miss but overall good.

Mar 31, 2012

Wasn't overly impressed to be honest with Cafe Mint. Rocked up here after a a short stroll along crown st. We wanted to try something different. Service was sloooooow, we kept having to ask for service. Had the lamb sausages and the lamb kebabs, to be honest, not a lot of flavour. It was something I could have cooked up at home with a tin of tomatoes and peas! however, it was nice to have loads of veggies.

I would say it's overpriced given the portion sizes are really tiny. Also had a peach ice tea, I think it was just a lipton ice tea with a piece of peach, pretty unimaginative! they could do better here if they got the flavours in the food right and better service.

Mar 21, 2012

I have been hear for ages, the food is great and interesting, a little more restaurant than cafe. I like...

Mar 15, 2012

I've been coming to this place for over 8 years and have always thought it to be the benchmark of sophisticated food and incredible value. Tonight, that thought has been destroyed. New menu is small, average and over priced. I left after sharing 6 dishes with friends only to get a kebab on the way home. It's such a shame as the old menu was better than anything and I imagine their existing clientele are longing for the day it returns.

I'm very rarely disappointed with any restaurant but tonight was an embarrassment As I'd really talked this place up. The dishes are designed to share but they're miniature and you feel guilty taking a spoonful as there's not much left after. So sad.

Feb 04, 2012

The kitchen staff must be on a carb free diet! There is almost no carbs to be found in any of the dishes. Even the "bread" that comes with the lamb dish is corn bread. Only one tiny piece of potato in the beef cheek dish. Sadly this is not the main problem, the squid was cold and undercooked, I know it's a crime to overcook squid. But show some skill kitchen staff and at least make it half cooked!

The chicken skewers were the same, just when I was thinking how lovely and tender it was, when I got to a thicker piece I discovered it was pink and cold: not cooked! Where did this kitchen staff learn to cook! He's going to kill someone.

Jan 07, 2012

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Cafe Mint piced roast eggplant, tomato, roast garlic and fre... Cafe Mint Freshly Baked Muffins Cafe Mint