Bridge Room, The

Parking

Parking Station
Street Parking
Parking Suggestions
The Bridge Room is within close proximity to Intercontinental Hotel Car park and Secure Parking 35 Pitt Street

Established in August 2011

2012

The Australian Hot 50 Restaurant Awards 2012

more…

Overview of The Bridge Room

The Bridge Room, features acclaimed Chef Ross Lusted’s unique cuisine; crafting dishes using the best seasonal ingredients, the menu includes dishes inspired from Europe and Asia, some cooked over charcoal and slow smoked in the Japanese Robata style.

The Bridge Room is housed on the Ground Level of a low-rise 1930’s Heritage Listed building, located on the corner of Bridge and Young streets, moments from Circular Quay. The 60 seater designed by Nick Tobias features an open kitchen with custom built charcoal grill. With hand-made ceramics, solid oak tables and Autoban’s iconic Deer Chairs, the dining room’s relaxed aesthetic will be paired with informed and attentive service.

Add a Review for The Bridge Room

User Reviews of The Bridge Room, Sydney CBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Every course tasted amazing. Cocktails and the wine list are great. Ambience is lacking but who cares when the food is this good. Ross Lusted certainly deserved the chef of the year status and this place is certainly deserving of it's two hat status!

Dec 10, 2014

Amazing service, gorgeous food and a lovely ambience. They didn't know it was our anniversary until they asked if it was a special occasion whilst we were waiting for our dessert since we were laughing a lot. Next thing you know, the gentleman comes out with a complimentary dessert (burnt caramel cream, candied packham pear salad - which was really nice) to celebrate the occasion! A bit hard choosing a favourite dish of the night, but I think I'd have to go with the sea scallops! My partner loved the whipped black sesame dessert which also won dessert of the year award apparently! We will definitely be returning soon :)

Nov 12, 2014

I had been looking forward to trying Bridge Room for some months and finally attended mid-week. I was disappointed to find it was a very noisy restaurant. Don't know if it would be different on a Fri/Sat evening. However the staff did their best to place us at as quite table as possible but there was no way of getting away from the noisy. The sommelier was exceptionally helpful and the wait staff also did everything right without being intrusive.

My entrée of scallops tasted ok but beautifully presented and main of lamb was delicious but a little tough. The lamb was cooked rare so perhaps I shouldn't compare it to the slow cooked lamb I'm used to. My wife's duck was also delicious but she would have preferred the skin to have been crispy. Dessert of aerated passionfruit ice cream was excellent.

In summary, the food was above average but could be better. The service could not to be faulted. The main downsides were the noisy atmosphere and the 1.7% c'card surcharge which I find really irritating in expensive restaurants when cheap restaurants don't hit you with a surcharge.

May 28, 2014

A most professional restaurant, service could not be faulted. I dined there yesterday evening with friends and we were all very pleased with our meals. I had the Kingfish followed by Murray Cod and then the cheese platter. My friends had the Wagyu followed by chocolate mouse and were also happy.

Feb 14, 2014

Came here in November for my brother birthday with the family. There was 8 of us and 2 toddlers and was pleasantly surprised. We only live up the road and had no idea we had a French bistro so close but really happy to have discovered it.

We ordered some beef and salmon Tartares and bread to share. The Tartares needed a tiny bit of seasoning (if you want to be fussy) but we enjoyed it. The kids menu was a bit pricey but other than that we all enjoyed our mains thoroughly, we had steaks, lamb, pork belly, salad, fish and no one complained. We all loved the chips, mash, cauliflower for our sides and we were all too full for dessert.

A really pleasant night, we got to sit outside and didn't get forgotten, food was a little cold when they served us altogether but they were pretty busy that night. Would definitely recommend for a local French bistro meal. We byo'ed and spent about $50 a head so a bit more expensive then your average local restaurant meal but worth it for a special occasion.

blogRead more on my blog

Jan 04, 2014

Simply the best restaurant I have been in the last 20 years, and I went to some pretty good ones in europe and asia. Well done R. Lusted.

Crab

Mobile Review Sep 11, 2013

Great meal. Had the duck and it was amazing. Highly recommended. No faults at all.

Jul 13, 2013

The Bridge Room, on my 2 visits, was the perfect package. When you walk into the room, it has a warm and inviting ambience. The warmth of the timber tables and upholstered benches made it feel like you were walking into the living room of Ross Lusted.

The service team was a pleasure to deal with. Professional and courteous without being snooty, nor over-familiar. They were politely good-humoured, even when we took our kids on our second visit.

But of course, we were there for the food. It was outstanding. Of the entrees, the Moreton Bay bug was a thrilling surprise. In my experience, Bug meat can be dry and chewy, but somehow the kitchen was able to make this tender and juicy, of a consistency of a succulent scallop. Then the Junee lamb was perfect. Cooked over a Japanese-style grill (robata), its flavour was smoky, and its texture was that "melt in your mouth" sensation, without any lingering pasty aftertaste.

The desserts were clever and not the predictable list of usual suspects. The pricing of $30/42/17 isn't cheap, but it's not the sort of place that is run of the mill. It is special.

How to sum it up? Intimate. Professional but personal. And food that is simply a pleasure.

Jun 10, 2013

My husband and I came to celebrate our wedding anniversary by having lunch here. I wasn't sure of what to expect but I had a look at their menu. The chocolate and chestnut mousse on their dessert menu sold me (as I love anything with chestnut) and reading the good reviews, we were not disappointed.

As soon as we entered, we noticed that it was mostly corporate diners but we sat alone the side of the room and we were well looked after. Staff were all friendly and professional and the restaurateur even came to us and asked how we were enjoying our meal, which was always a nice touch.

My husband and I both had the ash grilled duck, grilled blueberries, and black fig, which were beautifully plated and tasted really nice. For dessert, I had to get my chocolate chestnut mousse, which was nice but I wish there was more chestnut flavour. My husband had the white chocolate dessert with the ginger ice cream, which also looked beautiful on the plate but not what he expected and was slightly disappointed. But still with the friendly service and great food, it was a great lunch.

Mar 06, 2013

Spectacular. A real surprise considering it looks quite simple from outside. Chic design, creative cuisine and first class service!

Feb 24, 2013

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

goose liver and lentil custard, mushroom, bonito raw wagyu shoulder, robata smoked enoki mushrooms,... ash grilled lamb neck, august vegetables,oregano The Bridge Room Goose Liver and Lentil Custard Ash grilled lamb neck, august vegetables, oregano Raw wagyu, robata smoked enoki mushrooms, horserad... Crab

Related Editorial Content for The Bridge Room