Bona Fides

Sun 7am - 3pm

Outdoor Dining

Established in 2008

Overview of Bona Fides

Bona fides restaurant deals with only the freshest produces available and the finest ingredients to combine and achieve a perfect dish every time. The NEW lane way garden courtyard is the first of City of Sydney upgrade projects (the closing of lane ways for outdoor space) being introduced by local council in a Melbourne style cafe environment.

Add a Review for Bona Fides

User Reviews of Bona Fides, Sydney CBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Came here for dinner last night and really enjoyed everything. The waitress we had was so lovely and helpful, and the food was great! We had each had a long day at work, so were just wanting something simple that we didn't have to cook... I simply ordered a lamb pasta and my boyfriend the steak. We were blown away with the quality of two very simple meals. The were fresh, delicious and came out so quickly (they were very busy, we were expecting to wait a bit, but we didn't). Nice place!

May 15, 2014

Food is not anything special, waitress was extremely unhappy, poor value. Only good thing about this place? I guess it's quite convenient to get to.

blogRead more on my blog

Jan 16, 2014

Interstate visitors and we stopped in for breakfast. I had the eggs Benedict with homemade smoked salmon, the salmon was very very well done, nice way to start the day. Coffee was great also, mocha was maybe a little weak coffee wise, but well made other than that. Premium produce in all of our dishes, all well put together. Staff were very friendly and professional, more than likely be back for one more breakfast before leaving Sydney.

Mobile Review Dec 29, 2013

To Bona Fides,

I would like to thank you, on behalf of the ladies of The Genesian Theatre, for your generous contribution to our Girls' Night In. We had a great night, food was fantastic and were able to raise money and awareness for the Cancer Council. We could not have done this without your donations. I look forward to seeing you, the next time I dine at Bona Fides.

Kind regards,
    Laura Genders

Nov 19, 2013

I ordered takeaway from this restaurant on a weeknight. The meal was average, great decor and ambience when we ordered, but it was really bad value - actually allow me to rephrase, it was more like daylight robbery.

I ordered the Grilled Chicken which was $25. The serving size was absolutely appalling, there were three small pieces of chicken. See attached photo - meal was photographed as I received it (untouched). I have never to date experienced such poor value.

I mean bro, does he think anyone is going to feel full after eating that meal. Maybe the chef had issues, but not many if any people at all would agree that's acceptable. This place used to serve larger serving sizes but seems to have changed under new management.

However, the Greek owner was a nice bloke and we had a chat, so if you feel like a chat instead of a meal, this is the place to go. He did offer me a large bottle of sparkling water when I ordered a small, so that was quite nice of him. Thanks!

Grilled Chicken Takeaway Grilled Chicken

Oct 09, 2013

Thank to Bona Fides Restaurant staff who served our group from St. Paul's Catholic Tennis Club on Friday night last 6th September. We also wish to thank for arranging the menu and organising the night. The food was voted by all who attended delicious and the service was excellent - nothing was too much trouble, and the two staff were very courteous and efficient. All of this at a very reasonable cost. We look forward to dining again at your restaurant on Friday 20th September with another group. Thanks again.

Winsome Collingridge
    (Social Secretary - St. Paul's Catholic Tennis Club)

Sep 11, 2013

Went there on a friday night with a voucher for two. Had Halloumi bruschetta and stuffed eggplant, fish and steak of the day. Everything was very average. Ok on a voucher but would not pay full price for this.

Jul 05, 2013

Wow this is the best meal I have had for years. We used a voucher, however, this won't influence our next visit. This place had wonderful. Wonderfully presented and felt very rich. We got a few wine from being near the door but that is the only negative.

The service was excellent and the waiters courteous, knowledgeable and efficient. For entree, duck to start was wonderful; however, I was very envious of my partner’s, roasted eggplant, quite wonderful.What a wonderful l piece of meat. So wonderfully cooked scotch fillet and jus to die for. The accompanying, fluffy mashed potato and something which has now gone to the back of my mind.

$59 for 2 which was great value considering the immense size. There was no way we were going to have dessert; however, they brought around a tray, how evil. I had tiramisu and my partner the pear c .brawn. This place is most definitely worth a visit

P.S If you're looking for a place to eat before the show, consider Bona Fides - 5 minutes walk from the Genesian Theatre.

Apr 29, 2013

It must have been the weekend for service. Great service from really friendly people. The coffee was excellent. I drink long blacks without sugar so if it's horrible there is nothing to mask it. Go the barista! The juices were fresh and tasted great and the food was good. A great hollandaise sauce on the eggs. Quite happy. We just bought three discount Dinner vouchers for this place. Am I happy about that or what!

Apr 19, 2013

Had lunch with some friends here last weekend and couldn't fault it. Food was superb, fantastic service and really pleasant atmosphere. The staff were happy for us to order off both the breakfast and lunch menu (at 1pm) so everyone was happy. Beautifully out side interior that makes you feel like you're in Italy. Highly recommend it.

Mar 26, 2013

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Bona Fides Bona Fides Bona Fides Bona Fides Bona Fides Grilled Chicken Takeaway Grilled Chicken