Boatshed Cafe

Has Cafe

Add a Review for Boatshed Cafe

User Reviews of Boatshed Cafe, La Perouse

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Boatshed Cafe had such a beautiful setting right on the water. The food was delicious and the staff were very attentive. My family went to celebrate our daughter's birthday. Everyone was glad we chose The Boatshed Restaurant. We will definitely be going back.

Aug 09, 2013

It is unfortunate that this beautiful setting was spoilt by the atrocious service. The staff were arguing amongst themselves and in front of patrons as well as being rude to us and other diners. It made for a very embarrassing and awkward meal. I cannot recommend this restaurant.

Aug 04, 2013

Service  1

If you want to know what its like to feel invisible- Go here! Walked in with my Girlfriend today and stood at the entrance, ignored by the waiter, a young couple walks in behind us and they get silver service straight to a table (the place was only 1/8th full), ok, let that slide... then 2mins later a group walks in and he bypasses us to serve them? I asked if we were invisible, to again get ignored, so used that as my right to call him a rude - and went somewhere else.

Jun 10, 2013

Went there today for an afternoon coffee and desert. Ordered vanilla panna cotta which was very rubbery with no sugar and no vanilla ( I was expecting to see the real vanilla seeds). $18 for 2 coffees and 1 desert I expect better. If they feel their location and view will compensate for everything, they are mistaken.

Apr 28, 2013

Great location with nice view across the Bay & beach, relaxed atmosphere, extremely friendly staff. Food and service was fabulous and the "new" team made sure we were well catered for! We had a group of 30 people at the restaurant for a very special occasion and everyone raved about the place... thank you to the Boatshed for making our night special. Kerry & Chris.

Mar 11, 2013

Not the best restaurant in Sydney but really good. had the prawns - Excellent. Great view, friendly staff. New management I hear. Very good guys will return.

Jan 11, 2013

Just returned from lunch following an aborted attempt to eat at The Grounds in Alexandria (parking non existent, an absolute nightmare!). Needed a drink! Food was pretty average for the price. Considering the only vegetables available were chips and salad, one would presume the chips would be good, if not special. They were ordinary, insipid in colour rather than golden brown.

The grilled fish was ok, if a touch 'wet' and swimming in oil (butter?). Salad was fine. Ambience ok, though leaving cleaning materials on adjacent table after departure of that table's customers confirmed our suspicions that the wait staff need more training. I suppose we should have been impressed that tables are actually cleaned between sittings!

Service wasn't bad though, perhaps, a little naive. Wait staff pleasant and polite. Waited what seemed like ages for our drinks order to arrive, then had to attract the wait person's attention to take our food order. Value for money is questionable bearing in mind the food was at best 'ordinary'. This place has untold potential.

Great location with the added bonus of stacks of parking (yay!). However, for the price, we'd have expected more 'panache'. It's a shame that such a spot is manned ('personned'?) by relatively inexperienced wait staff, with the food at best average.

Jun 15, 2012

I took the family there for my son's 13th birthday lunch. The staff were lovely and very accommodating. Food was delicious. I recommend it for any one looking for a lovely lunch.

Jun 02, 2012

Disappointing day, we had a mothers' day lunch there, it was windy and our table was stuck directly in the line of a windy cold door, it took about 1/4 hour to encourage the staff to sort this out, they seemed to want us to move the tables.

The front sliding door to the restaurant would not open properly, it kept getting stuck and at one point actually fell off completely with my son and a few other customers trying to put it back. At one point my poor mother was stuck outside in the cold after visiting the toilet, unable to get back inside.

The service was pretty hopeless, there were about 4-5 waitresses, but none of them really seemed to be working, quite content to leave dirty plates and glasses on the table for 1/2 hour between entrees and mains, the restaurant was not even busy when this happened, lots of "standing around" very unprofessional. The girl who seemed to be in charged was the only one really trying to work, it seemed.

Though the orders were taken promptly, the staff had No Idea who had ordered what, so drinks kept being plonked on the table without anyone knowing who had ordered them, and the food also suffered the same fate.

Entrees were Ok, but my mushrooms which were supposed to be baked were raw. My snapper fillets were tough and underseasoned, they were supposed to have a sauce but mine had none. The profiteroles for dessert were sloppy. The salad felt like it had just come out of the refrigerator, and had no dressing.

The best part of the meal was the garlic bread. At least the mothers who were there were at the warmer part of the table and had a better experience. As for the toilet, you have to go outside, then find a ramshackle small toilet (only one for that restaurant? seems odd), directly next to the opening of the kitchen and the coolroom. I wonder if it is all up to Australian standards?

It is a shame, the venue is nice, it is well positioned, but needs attention to detail, better service, better food, and the staff need to be trained to care for the customers. Sadly we could not bring ourselves to leave a tip.

May 16, 2012

We went last night, whilst not really a place for evening dining, the spot was superb. Service was fast, courteous and attentive. The dishes were well done, served hot, and very very tasty. We going back for lunch with a larger group to take advantage of the vista. Water lapping up underneath the floor, was Divine.

Apr 08, 2012