Bavarian Bier Cafe

Has Bar

Add a Review for Bavarian Bier Cafe

User Reviews of Bavarian Bier Cafe, Parramatta

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

The food here is definitely hit and miss. I came for Octoberfest last year and shared a tasting platter and quite enjoyed it. Recently came back and wanted to order the sliders, they sounded awesome. The waitress advised me that they weren't available because there was a function on, so I ordered an über schnitzel. Definitely not über. It was accompanied by some chips, rocket and sundried tomato. The schnitzel was dry and oil rancid tasting. Also I prefer a pub schnitzel smothered in gravy. My friend had some onion rings and these were extremely moreish.

Service was ok. Value for money is never great. Beers and schnapps are always a delight. Have probably tried all of them. The mango bier is quite refreshing and the ghost schnapps will definitely invigorate you! The accordion player can be fun for a while, but can get annoying when he won't leave...

Sep 13, 2014

Large servings. Lots of meat! For me, I need to share the dishes with friends since I'm not a big meat eater.

Feb 24, 2014

An awesome cafe. A slice of cool in Parra. I've been here a few times and always had a great time.

Jan 07, 2014

We went on a Thursday night to Bavarian Bier Cafe. we were impressed by the interior design. The atmosphere was good and we can talk quietly. We ordered the pork belly with crispy skin and tendered meat. It was the best pork belly dish I ever had. There was a variety of beers. We liked the dark wheat and dark larger. They were unique. Good service by the waitress. Definitely, we will come again.

Aug 23, 2013

I can not say enough good things about this place. I have been, perhaps a dozen times and every single time, blown away. Everything has been cooked to absolute perfection--from the steak and schnitzels to more regionally-inspired dishes like the giant pork knuckle encased in flawless crackle. The atmosphere has been great regardless of whether we go on a quieter night or when it's packed. The beers on tap are some of the best around.

The only two negatives have been their schnapps, which is very weak and watery, and the way they handle group bookings of 20 or more (forced set menu, A-B alternating dishes, no splitting bills, etc.). But they are at least open to treating you like a normal booking if you press them enough. One of my favourite places to eat, whether for a special occasional or 'just because'.

Feb 18, 2013

Unbelievably loud, the food is pretty uninspiring and quite expensive for German pub-style fodder. The kitchen forgot one of our mains, our waitress seemed never to be looking so we had to order all our drinks with other waiters. The only thing good about the experience was the beer.

Dec 26, 2012

I went with some friends on Friday. The place looked good and the waitress was nice. I must admit the beer selection was really good. Pity they didn't follow with nice food, really poor quality. Good place to go for a drink. But to go and eat a nice German meal, I will look somewhere else.

Dec 02, 2012

The food was Ok. I was disappointed when I was given a different menu to the one featured online. Unfortunately, that menu did not have the same meals as the online menu. I had the roasted pork belly and instead of sauteed potatoes I asked for mash, which they obliged. The beer gravy was a good addition for this dish. My friend ordered the schnitzel, I forget from which animal. She wasn't overly impressed.

We were there for a birthday party, and it was very difficult to hold conversations with the band playing. I think also because of the acoustics of the restaurant being in a large hall, there was no carpeting or anything to help absorb some of the sound.

My friend ordered fries instead of mash with her meal, and this was overlooked so they brought out a separate bowl of chips on the house which was nice of them.

Sep 14, 2012

BBC is always the "go to" when my friends and I can't decide where to go. Drinks are good, food portions reflect the prices, and are also really nice on top of this.

I like the ambience of BBC, there are so many different places to sit, you never really have the same experience twice, maybe this is just me.

Highly recommended.

Sep 04, 2012

'champion of awesomeness.'

I had a bad experience at the Manly restaurant, so was a bit hesitant about trying the Parramatta store, but we had an Entertainment Book voucher which gave us one main meal for free so we thought we'd try it out. We had the chicken schnitzel and some sort of tasting platter which came with a bit of all of their main popular dishes.

The food was very good and much better than what we experienced in Manly. The outdoor area is very nice with lots of tables and outdoor heaters for chilly nights.

This place is a bit more expensive than other pubs, but if you go during happy hour for the discount drinks it's worth trying a schnitzel and enjoying the nice beer garden.

Aug 29, 2012