Bacar

Desserts $17.00-$24.00

Entrees $22.00-$29.00
Mains $34.00-$45.00
Desserts $17.00-$24.00
Table d'hote menu available, 2 courses $55 per person, 3 courses $70 per person.

Prices last updated:  09/2008

Bookings

Bookings are preferred

Breakfast
Mon to Sun 6:30am - 10:30am
Mon to Sun Noon - 2:30pm
Mon to Sun 6pm - 10pm
Remarks
Bacar Wine Lounge is open from 12:00pm until midnight daily.

Wheelchair Access

Fine Dining
Hip and Trendy
Romantic and Intimate

Has Bar
Private Room

Diners

Overview of Bacar

Located minutes from Parramatta, Rhodes, the Inner-West and Ryde, Bacar Restaurant offers high calibre dining in the heart of Sydney Olympic Park. It features comprehensive a la carte menus with supporting table d'hote in a contemporary feel and style.

Bacar Wine Lounge is an integral part of the Pullman experience and features an extensive menu of wines by the glass.

Add a Review for Bacar

User Reviews of Bacar, Sydney Olympic Park

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

I fell in love with place when I first came here in 2010. I recently dined here in January, and I have got to say the quality of the food has certainly gone down, which was a disappointment as I used to think this place was gem.

Mar 19, 2012

We went to Bacar on the weekend for the second time and yet again we had a great meal, double cheese souffle for my entree and the spinach rolotto with prawns for a main. Service was outstanding. Compliments to the whole team. I have also attended 2 of their cooking classes which were also fantastic.

Oct 10, 2011

Been here twice, in late 2010 and about a month ago so this is the combined review:

Food: absolutely delish. They have one of the best steaks in the city. It is a yearling steak that they provide you a butter knife rather than a steak knife to cut it with. The presentation and attention to detail is fantastic. The only small thing is that I think the previous way they prepared it last year with the celeriac was one of the best dishes that I have ever had with the ultimate combination of not only flavours but textures.

I have also had that lamb which was fantastic, my wife who does not usually have lamb could even try a bit. In addition, special mention needs to go to the Crab, Sweet Corn martini entree, it is a must and similarly my wife keeps on telling me to come back for it.

Ambience - I cannot fault them for the ambience. It is mentioned that it does feel like a hotel lobby but compared to restaurants in other hotels it is considerably better, it does have the nice high ceilings and the nice open kitchen allows you to see how the chefs work like clockwork and their precision at preparing your meal.

Service - top notch service, the staff pay attention to detail and answered many of our questions particularly with regard to how they prepared the meals (given my partner loves cooking) and where they sourced produce etc. The manager (Jon I think - looks like a current NRL player) was also extremely helpful.

Value: I have paid a lot more for considerably less value. I think the only difficulty with this is that it is a fine dining restaurant at Olympic Park which does not have too much else in way of dining going for it. However, if this restaurant were in Wooloomooloo or any other upmarket dining district then it would fit right in.

Aug 15, 2011

We went to Bacar for a girls' lunch. I had noted on the website that there was a 3 course for $50 special, however, there was no evidence of this at the restaurant. We went with the flow and sat down to the 3 course experience.

Our starters were spectacular. Presentation was beautiful. I had the mud crab martini which was delightful and my friends were all impressed with their selection. Our mains were great and we all enjoyed the chocolate fondant for dessert (although I felt the caramel was just a touch over the top!)

The menu was interesting and varied, showing significant thought. Each dish was an interesting combination of flavours and textures. The food was all cooked very well. Presentation was beautiful, some dishes it seemed a shame to destroy the art that was on the plate by eating it. Service was good and the restaurant environs were pleasant and quiet.

Our major criticism was the height of the tables and chairs. The chairs were too low and we had our elbows at shoulder level to use our cutlery, this was exacerbated with the mains that were served in beautiful bowls, but these meant we had to elevate our arms another 10 cm to access the food. We mentioned this to the wait staff, who said that they had many complaints about this. Fixing this is a necessity!

I think this is a fine dining establishment in this area that should be strongly recommended. (Just wish they'd fix the chairs!).

Response from Management:
    Dear Bron_too

Thank you very much for your review on the great food and service you received at Bacar, it’s always a pleasure to get such great feedback. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the chef and his team. We are looking at the situation with the tables and chairs, and we are trying to work out a way to rectify the problem.

Oct 07, 2010

I went to Bacar last Saturday night with my partner for a birthday dinner and we had a fantastic dining experience!

The service and attention we received would have to be the best I’ve received at any fine dining restaurant. When I booked I was asked if it was a special occasion and said yes it was my partner’s birthday. The staff all clearly knew it was a birthday with them all wishing my partner a happy bday at one time or another. This wasn’t just the manager, but even the bar staff. Highly impressive.

The food was also very worthy of being considered fine, it was nicely presented and very tasty. A true fine dining experience that made our night very enjoyable.
    I couldn’t recommend Bacar enough.

Response from Management:
    Dear Biocorporation,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is always a pleasure to read such positive comments about our guests’ experience.
    I am happy that Bacar Restaurant was able to make your partner’s birthday dinner an enjoyable experience and I will be sure to forward your comments on to our bar, restaurant and kitchen staff.
    I look forward to welcoming you back to Bacar Restaurant.

Kind regards,

Jun 07, 2010

Prior to children arriving we use to go to fine dining restaurants a bit, this was the first fine dining exp we had in a few years and overall is was good. For the price we have eaten better (Sol Dal a Tarre In VIC), Shakey Tables in Hunter Valley. But really for a place in Home bush (Olympic Park) it had style and the service was fantastic. We would not return for the full price menu but would happily return for the lower price (and still very yummy) combined lunch specials.

Response from Management:
    Dear Wicked,

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased to hear you were happy with the restaurant and the service provided. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff.
    I look forward to welcoming your return to Bacar Restaurant.

Kind regards,

Jun 02, 2010

I had high expectations for Bacar after reading some of the glowing reports on here but it didn't really live up to them! My sister and I dined for lunch here a few weeks back, luckily there was a lunch special which was 3 courses for $50.

The food here was the let down. Our courses weren't that tasty, or memorable. But they were good decent sizes. Our dessert was the cheese plate and was the most disappointing of all. It looked like it had been pre-prepared and was sitting in the fridge for a few days. Maybe our food was a let down because we'd ordered off the $50 set menu though? Still I wasn't impressed with the food at all.

The restaurant is situated in a hotel lobby, so it has a "hotel lobby feel". And I can't fault the value as we had the set menu, however, I would have been really disappointed if we had paid the full menu price.

The great thing about this restaurant was the service. The girl serving us was lovely, and very attentive throughout our time dining at Bacar. Compared to other restaurants in the area, Bacar is great, but it's not world class or as good as restaurants in the city. I would dine here again, but only for the cheaper set menu.

Response from Management:
    Dear misscandles

Thank you for your feedback, both positive and negative, I will pass this feedback onto our Executive Chef. We will look into the cheese plate and see what changes we can make. I am pleased you will be returning and we hope that the next time you come any faults we have will be eradicated.

May 08, 2010

A perfect romantic experience, excellent food, ambience, service and value.

I may only speak for myself, but Jon and Tristan and their staff at Bacar restaurant helped me to organise the perfect night to propose to my now fiancee. When I called to arrange a booking, I asked if Bacar would be able to provide anything special for me as I was planning to propose to my girlfriend, during the fireworks of the Easter Show, which was on at that time.

Jon, the restaurant manager went out of his way to find out a few spots in his hotel and neighbouring surrounds for me to propose with a good view of the fireworks. He called me back later to offer no less than the executive lounge on the top level for us to have to ourselves for a short while after dinner to watch the fireworks. (After our meals, the manager on duty gave us a friendly escort to the lounge where he left us to ourselves with champagne for me to pop the question whilst having a brilliant view of the fireworks).

Throughout the night Tristan, the manager on duty and his staff provided excellent and very professional service, promptly informing us of a slight delay in our food due to a mishap in the kitchen, it's great to know so we weren't left waiting, as it turned out it wasn't that long anyway.

I won't go into much more detail as to how great the service was, but I will say that I have never experienced service like that at Bacar from any restaurant or hotel before. They made a very special night perfect.

On top of that, I was surprised to find that the bill for two drinks, an entree, two mains (decently portioned) and a dessert came to only $120. The food was excellent! I have been to Berowra Waters Inn which was $120 per head, and we left still feeling hungry!

So thanks again to Jon, Tristan and their team and chef at Bacar for a great night.
    In short, terrific food, outstanding service, warm, romantic ambience and good value. I recommend it to anyone looking for a special meal!

Response from Management:
    Dear nathan0087

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad to hear you chose Bacar Restaurant to propose. I am pleased to read your comments in relation to the service you received from our restaurant manager Jon Cannon and his supervisor Tristan.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback about our staff who have exceeded our guests’ expectations. I have forwarded your comments to our Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef.

I look forward to welcoming your return to Bacar Restaurant.

Warm Regards,
    Marcus Hanna
    General Manager

Apr 17, 2010

Overall a nice evening out. The food was absolutely fantastic but I have to credit some of this to the fact that the chef probably had a lot of free time on his hands to make sure that our meals were sent out exactly as he wanted, this is due to the fact that there were only about eight people in the restaurant on the Friday evening that we were there. Because of the lack of people the atmosphere was was quite dull. I can imagine that had there been an event at the Olympic park this would not have been an issue.

The biggest disappointment was without a doubt, the credit card surcharge. Between my wife and I our bill was nearly $200, I find it rather petty that they tack on another $5 so that we can pay with a credit card. The meal was definitely worth it though, credit card surcharge and all.

Response from Management:
    Dear smd0088

Sometimes yes, Olympic Park can be a bit quiet, but you should definitely come on events nights, the atmosphere is amazing, but the standard of food our Executive Chef Bill Magno produces is always fantastic.

In regards to the credit card surcharge I do understand your point but as we are part of a large chain sometimes decisions are made across the company and we have no choice but to follow their direction, but I will raise the point.

Overall I’m very pleased you enjoyed your Bacar experience and I will pass the feedback on to the chef and my team.

Kind Regards

Bacar Restaurant and Bar Manager

Apr 07, 2010

Enjoyed a lovely meal here recently. Scallops and Pork belly were delicious for our entree. I thoroughly enjoyed my main of beef but my wife felt there was something missing in her main which was fish, and that it was a touch on the salty side. Desserts were absolutely delicious. We don't often indulge in dessert but were really glad that we did on this occasion. Wine list impressive and had a good range.

The service was good but at time bordered on casual. We decided to make a proper night out of it and spent the night at the hotel. Great decision. Rooms are luxurious.

Response from Management:
    Dear Cripp23,

Thank you very much for your feedback, both positive and constructive, I have passed on your comments both to the front of house team and the kitchen, feedback like this is always helpful to correct small mistakes and help us to create the perfect meal experience when you dine with us.

Mar 23, 2010