Anais Restaurant - Taste of Persia

Henry Tadevosian

Prices $$$

Average Meal Price $47 - based on one entree & main course only

Set Menu
Set Menu is available for bookings over 10 people. Please email us first.

Bookings

Free Parking
Off Street Parking
Street Parking
Parking Suggestions
Over 50 spaces available.

Established in 2013

Overview of Anais Restaurant - Taste of Persia

Experience authentic Persian cuisine including kebabs, seafood, curries, rice and a wide selection of entrees, drinks and desserts with lakeside views.

Add a Review for Anais Restaurant - Taste of Persia

User Reviews of Anais Restaurant - Taste of Persia, Baulkham Hills

So based on the ratings that I previously read, my partner and I were eager to try this restaurant, as we enjoy to try other cuisines. The meal servings were generous in size and the meat was tender, however the main dishes were quite bland in taste and the rice boring and for what we paid, we were disappointed. Won't attend again.

Oct 09, 2014

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

Absolutely outstanding, by far the best persian restaurant in Sydney! The Soltani dish reminds me of back home and the rice is cooked the authentic way, my wife had the Ghorme Sabzi and the smell of it left me hungry for more. Will definitely be back and will recommend to everybody, this place is a must try if you want real authentic persian food, as well as to smoke shisha out on the lake. 10/10 well done!

Sep 22, 2014

Food  3      Coffee  5      Ambience  8      Service  8      Value  7

Nice venue, friendly waitress. Just found the food very bland. Ordered mezze plate. Came with cold, shaved lamb, walnuts, feta, cold soggy mushrooms. Very uninspiring and $20. I ordered lamb shank. While the lamb was tender enough, it was served on its own with no sauce of any kind, sitting on dry rice. Strangely, the plate also included slices of cold, raw onion. Husband ordered chicken Maryland which, again, came by itself on the dry rice. Not nice. Both tasteless. We tried the homemade ice cream-bright yellow and tasted as if it was laden with perfume. Couldn't eat it. The advertised pistachios were not through it, but sprinkled on top. I was amazed at our experience considering all these positive reviews. We won't return.

Response from Management:
    Hi Rikki, Thanks for your feedback.

I would like to take this oppurtunity to rectify your comments.

1. You have described what was on the mezze plate based on what was written on the menu so I am not sure why you were suprised by what you received.

2. Our dishes are all made the traditional way back from Iran, thus why the lamb shank does not come with sauce however is topped with its roasting juice, the purpose of the rice being dry is so it is mixed together (that particular dish "Baghali Polo" means the broad beans, dill, lamb shank and juices is to be mixed and eaten with the rice, not separately).

3.It is a tradition to eat raw onion with all dishes, not only in Persian cuisine but with all Middle Eastern cuisine which is why we kept that standard.

4. As for the ice cream, you are the first person who has criticised it so I cannot accept any negative comments about it, The pistachios are both folded through the ice cream then also garnished on top.

I could highly suggest that you research Persian cuisine so you are aware why everything is garnished the way it is.

Sep 21, 2014

Food  9      Coffee  9      Ambience  9      Service  9      Value  9

I'm a Baulkham Hills local, but have never dined out in the Norwest Business Park area before! I dined at Anais with a friend, and was blown away by how good this place. I happily confirm all the other glowing reviews of this wonderful place. On a cold and overcast winter's night, Anais was a great place to be! The food, service and ambience are all first rate! Anais is a very well run restaurant! The meat dishes were cooked to perfection!

Aug 23, 2014

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

By far, the best middle eastern themed restaurant in all of Australia. Can't believe such a fine establishment is located locally in the hills district. We visited after hearing about it through friends and we happened to be on a Saturday night when they had a belly dancer. The food was outstanding, so fresh and succulent, staff were very knowledgeable about the whole menu. Entertainment was a bonus. We will definitely be coming back, this is one place to die for and should be a place for everyone to visit before they die!

We ordered a skewer of every meat as we are on a n...

Mobile Review Jul 06, 2014

Food  8      Coffee  8      Ambience  8      Service  9      Value  8

I dined here with a couple of friends. Ordered the breads with 2 dips to share at $7.50 I thought it was reasonably priced. The dips of the day (they change) were caramelized onion and olive which was ok (I don't eat olives so was ok for me but I'm sure if u like olives it would be nice as it had a strong kalamata flavor) & the second dip was spinach and feta which was beautiful.

For a main we ordered the share plate for two (there was 3 of us) which was great. It's served with a salad, breads and picked vegetables. I have never been a fan of pickled vegetables and these were fantastic! I would think perhaps home made but we all thought they were great. The meats were all nice and very tender. They were severed medium to a little rare so if u like well done meat then be sure to request it. As a dessert we ordered the chocolate mud cake and it didn't disappoint especially with the cooler weather as they asked if we wanted it warmed which was great.

We took advantage of the 50% off the house wine offer for Eatability members which was no issues choice of a red or white (waitress did have to check but quickly returned with the answer). A little bit tricky to find as it's in a business complex but there is a sign that's illuminated at night. We topped of our meal with 2 coffees and the bill came in around $85 for 1 entree, 1 shared main, 1 dessert, 1 bottle of wine and 2 coffees. I eat a lot of middle eastern food so the only thing missing for me was some form of dip for the meat like a hummus, garlic or yoghurt but an all round nice enjoyable dinner.

Mobile Review Jun 23, 2014

Wow, a very nice restaurant. The service was very efficient by our young American waiter (Daniel). He promptly server our table with entrees and then the mains. He always came back to our table to see if we needed anything else. The food was severed fresh, hot and nutritious and presented very well. The ambience was clean and tidy, I could suggest they could have played some soft middle eastern dinning music.

Jun 13, 2014

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

Not only is this a fantastic restaurant for a great Persian meal, it is also an ideal party venue. After tirelessly searching for a restaurant for our engagement party, we came across Anais in Baulkham Hills.

We immediately loved the location and feel of the restaurant and once we tried the food we were sold; homemade Persian dips, smoky kebabs & buttered rice - yum! The customer service was also fantastic with friendly and knowledge wait staff.

Our party was amazing, from the delicious food, to the belly dancer and Hookas, all our guests had a fantastic evening that went off without a hitch thanks to the incredible work of Henry and his team at Anais. We could not recommend this restaurant enough for either a quite meal out or a special event!

Mar 15, 2014

Absolutely sensational is only an understatement. Its hard to believe such an amazing and well presented restaurant exists in the hills district, generally you would have to go all the way to the city to find a relaxing restaurant situated on the water, the background music is different to other restaurants which makes it more unique, the food is definitely outside of most peoples comfort zone, however, its to die for! It was great to see this place packed when we were there on a Saturday night, they must be doing something right! Well done guys.

Mar 08, 2014

I love expanding my culinary horizon. Experiencing and educating myself with other cultures around the world is always fun! I was so looking forward to try this newly opened Persian restaurant in The Hills. We went there one Saturday evening and the place was packed. We didn't have a booking but the owner was really nice to accommodate us without question. Service was friendly and attentive, atmosphere was cozy and intimate, food was rich and full of flavour. I would definitely be heading back to try their desserts.

Bagahli Polo

blogRead more on my blog

Feb 28, 2014

Anais Restaurant - Taste of Persia Anais Restaurant Anais Restaurant - Taste of Persia Anais Restaurant Anais Restaurant Anais Restaurant - Taste of Persia Anais Restaurant - Taste of Persia Anais Restaurant - Taste of Persia Bagahli Polo Anais Restaurant - Taste of Persia We ordered a skewer of every meat as we are on a n...