Ajisen Ramen

Japanese

Add a Review for Ajisen Ramen

User Reviews of Ajisen Ramen, Haymarket

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Ordered katsu curry. Which game with an overcook thin piece of katsu, and cold, watery curry. I mentioned it to a staff member who took it back to the kitchen. It came back 5 mins later after having a microwave job done to it. The curry was now warmer, the rice very hot and the katsu completely dried out. No apology was made throughout this interaction. Very disappointing food and service.

Jul 14, 2014

We came here with an entertainment book voucher and definitely won't back no matter how much discount we get! The food is quite horrible.

blogRead more on my blog

Aug 19, 2013

Ajisen Ramen is a renowned fast food restaurant chains in Asia. Its ramen is definitely not the best in the region, but is recognised to be one which produce food of consistent quality.

We went to the World Square shop and were absolutely shocked by the trashy ramen they made. The broth of my ramen was too salty and the noodles was overcooked and therefore soggy and unpleasant to eat. My girlfriend's curry beef ramen was even worse - it was salty as well and there were lumps of undissolved curry powder in it! The gyoza was alright.

In terms of the environment I think the restaurant was a bit dim and unclean.

Overall, Ajisen Ramen is not recommended. You can find much better authentic Japanese ramen around the city.

Mobile Review Jul 02, 2013

We tried the World Square restaurant on Liverpool St one Friday night. Tidy enough place, wait service was perfectly ok. Our meals (all ramen) came out very quickly except for one which took perhaps twice as long.

The feedback from my friends was mixed. Some of the ramen soups were not hot enough, some were too salty. Some were quite oily. The salad was fine. My prawn ramen was tasty though it was too salty.

Prices were competitive though I will continue to shop around for my ramen.

Jun 22, 2013

Service is horrible, they keep behind the counter and when ordering they didn't know half of the menu. Ramen came quick but everything was cold except the soup. Disgusting place.

Dec 23, 2011

We had dinner on sunday 30/10/2011, expecting a good quality Ramen, I ordered Ramen special @ $16.50 and my partner ordered the beef rib ramen @ $13.50. When ramen came out we both tasted broth which had sesame oil added to it something that "real" japanese ramen never has, the ramen noodles tasted like pasta, possibly the worst ramen we have ever eaten.

We will never go to a ramen franchise restaurant again. On Ramen down the same street would have been a wiser choice to go. Its actually expensive instant noodles Ajisen Ramen serves up!

Nov 03, 2011

I would probably say this place is more of a convenience if you are after some food on the go which is a bit more substantial that your western takeaway food such as McDonalds, Hungry Jacks etc. I was expecting Ramen noodles, but on looking closely at the Fried tofu ramen which I ordered, I thought the ramen closely resembled cheap pasta.

The soup from the ramen looked like it had milk in it, which was evident by the large 2L milk bottles that were in the fridge, which were clearly not for sale. All in all, cheap and nasty, they should charge less for eating there.

Jun 14, 2011

How to spot a Chinese-operated Japanese joint? The service. If you visit their store at World Square for work lunch, you'll be measuring your wait time in hours, not minutes. I bought takeaway and literally had enough time to visit Coles, BreadTop, Dymocks and Priceline for 40 minutes before the noodle was ready. It's obvious they're under-staffed and disorganized and have absolutely no training on basic customer service. You'll get the cold shoulder every time you ask for something and the food is way overpriced for what's it's worth. Do NOT ever visit this store, it's the worst Ramen store in town. Your local takeaways will look like a Michelin 5 stars compare to this run down joint.

Jun 02, 2011

We went to the Haymarket outlet, the waitress was very nice, quick with a glass of water and the menu, I'm not sure the ramen we had was as good as other places in Chinatown, it has the feel of a chainstore fast food joint, maybe a little overpriced for what you get, nothing too bad, but I wouldn't rush back either.

May 01, 2011

Went there for lunch (world sq) as it is the closest Ramen place near work. Food is good but service was not so good. When paying the bill the girl kept saying min. eftpos was $25 when it clearly said $20 at the counter and had to ask like 3 other workers, turns out that the minimum of $20. There were lots of flies and sand? flies (smaller than flies) and found it difficult to eat ramen with flies in my nose.

Mar 09, 2011