Adria Rybar & Grill

Outdoor Dining

Add a Review for Adria Rybar & Grill

User Reviews of Adria Rybar & Grill, Darling Harbour

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Great setting tucked away in Darling Harbour. The Bar lunch menu looked good and easy so that's what we went for. Food came out in decent time. But it was pretty ordinary food. Aside from the pulled pork burger the rest was bad. Buffalo wings and chicken tenders deep fried were very oily, beef burger very dry and scallop san choy bow was mainly chorizo. Maybe the full menu may have been the better option, but I doubt we will return as there are many better places close by.

Apr 03, 2014

Never again! Visited this restaurant last night with a group of friends and couldn't be more disappointed.

We ordered the dips and garlic bread for the table to start and about 30 minutes later they arrived. Dips were bland and the garlic bread for the table were two short but the waiter wasn't phased by that.

Mains took nearly an hour to come and weren't worth the wait. A medium scotch fillet was chargrilled to nearly a crisp and the Beef looked more like fat on a plate than red meat.

Service was terrible, everything was s hassle and nothing was done with a smile. We were sitting on the outer edge and it started to rain. When I asked the waitress to move us to a sheltered area it was like I was asking for the world! I then had to suggest a table for her to clear for us!

To top it off the chilli I asked for with my main never came, nor did a dessert menu and nor did clearing of the table. Wouldn't go back, even if it was the last option in town.

Mobile Review Jan 02, 2014

My partner and I had dinner here last night, what a disappointment. We are trying to get through as many of the restaurants in darling harbour over time and this has been by far the worst experience we have had.

The restaurants was pretty busy, I guess the other customers had skipped looking up reviews that night too, but we were seated pretty quickly and orders taken within a few minutes. The view was excellent and I didn't mind the bistro styling, thought the music was too loud. We were really excited.

The drinks were not too bad, though pretty small and very overprices but that's not uncommon for the harbour. Garlic bread came out, wasn't too bad, we were extremely hungry so it really hit the spot.

Mains came pretty quickly too, looked awesome, we both grabbed a chip (ordered at extra cost) and dipped it in the bernaise sauce (ordered at extra cost) Big smile from both of us while eating the first chip.

Quickly cut off some meat from our rotisserie tasting plates, took out first bites at the same time too, and our faces dropped. I've never had such overcooked meat at a restaurant, any restaurant, not even Bunnings on a Sunday morning. We tried to soldier on, I pulled the plate apart to separate the steak from the huge bed of badly cooked eggplant and zucchini.

Tried all the meats and forces some down, didn't enjoy one bite, partner agrees too. We were starving so finished off the chips and sauce, left the majority of the food on our plate, told the waiter how unpleased we were to no reaction, got the check and left.

We walked to McDonald's disappointed that we just spend $100 and were still staving. Then arriving at McDonalds, we were greeted with much better customer service and food preparation.

Worst experience I've had at any restaurant, Avoid at all costs.

Nov 10, 2013

After waiting 1 hour for our food to arrive. It was ok. Small portion sizes. Then went to pay, unknowing we were paying a $10 cover charge per person! Just to sit there. My son had to pay $10 to sit there as he still feeds of milk! Terrible!

Sep 03, 2013

Had a quick dinner here with my boyfriend and we opted to go for the early dinner special that they had.

I had the rotisserie beef with bearnaise sauce as my main and it was very filling and I could no finish the dish the beef was a tad too chewy for me but apart from that it tasted fine.

I chose the banana creme brulee for dessert and it was delicious! Would definitely recommend that.

The hostess seated us by the harbourside and the views were lovely, however, the wait staff were polite but a tad slow in their service.

Jul 12, 2013

My boyfriend took me to this restaurant for my 21st birthday and I loved it! The atmosphere was great, with lovely views of Darling Harbour. The service was friendly and the food was amazing (especially the dessert!). We had a three course meal which consisted of kangaroo meat and vegetable skewers, oysters and soft shell crab for the entree. Beef ribs and chips for the boyfriend and steak, potato mash and half a lobster for me, as well as an avocado salad for the mains, and creme brulee, sticky date pudding, panna cotta and sorbet for the dessert. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to any couple who is looking for a romantic night out!

May 13, 2013

I went here with my mum using a Red Balloon voucher she was given. The breakfast was very nice. I didn't have wine but she did and said it was good. The food was great, a hot plate which we ate first, then a cold, sweet plate. I wish that the waiters had taken away the dinner plates we had between courses though, as nobody wants sausage juice on their blueberry croissant! The waitress left a lot to be desired, so we were glad when she seemingly forgot us and was replaced with a very nice waiter.

May 05, 2013

Sunday night out with my boyfriend. We were seated a table for two in a corner in the dark without near a heater where we were seated outside this time of the year! (Winter). Ordered a snapper with kipper potatoes. The fish came out whole, bones, scale, head attached and all! Disappointed that the fish wasn't filleted has everyone hates eating fish with bones and scales in the way. Chef prob did not care, what if a pensioner had ordered the fish? What if someone choked and used, the menu didn't state that It would come with bones and all!

Apr 22, 2013

If you have a few hours to kill and a good set of teeth, then this the place for you. The restaurant sits in a great location. They have 3 wait staff who run around like crazy yet not able to cope. Chef's on display, which looks good but overcooks lovely big pieces of meat. I went for a special occasion that was turned into a disappointing experience.

Mar 07, 2013

We had dinner here on Australia Day 26 January 2013. We had no booking, so we were wondering whether they would be able to manage a table for us. Lucky enough, they said that they just had a cancellation for table for 4. We were very glad. Although a bit noisy surrounding, the service was really attentive, and we were looked after very nicely considering how busy they were at the time. The food presentation and taste was good, no complaint for such a busy service. At 9 pm we had chance to see the fireworks, that was a real bonus.

Jan 27, 2013