3 Weeds The Restaurant

Best Restaurant in a Pub - Restaurant & Catering Association Awards

2007

SMH Good Food Guide 2007 - One Chef's Hat

Overview of 3 Weeds The Restaurant

The Restaurant is a fine dining establishment tucked away in Rozelle, just 10 minutes from the Sydney CBD. The modern Australian menu with Meditteranean influences features a creative and original range of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes. Friendly, efficient service and an extensive range of Australian and International wines make for an excellent dining experience.

Recently awarded 'Best Restaurant in a Pub' in the 2012 NSW Restaurant & Catering Association Awards, it is a must try restaurant for all.

Add a Review for 3 Weeds The Restaurant

User Reviews of 3 Weeds The Restaurant, Rozelle

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Enjoyed a nice meal on a lazy Friday night with the mrs, not far from home but we rarely venture here, glad we did. The service was prompt and attentive all meal, nothing was really missed and the pace was good.

Had the sheeps milk salad thingy and it was really nice, light and tasty. Wifey had the soup special (cauliflower) and found it fine, nothing to get overly excited about. For main she had the blue eyed cod and if was a generous portion. I had the lamb pie and it was super nice, pulled meat in a lovely pastry casing. Sensational.

Just wines by the glass and list was pretty tame, quickly replenished when needed though. The only downsides of room were the thin width of the seat on banquette, making you sit too upright or your rump would slip off. The other small grievance is the noise inside the very nice restaurant space, from the bar outside. Needs better insulation to keep it more refined or open up and be more bistro style.

Mobile Review Nov 25, 2013

Good food comes at a expensive price, my partner could really tell the freshness of the food and she was very impressed with the fish main and less so with the pie. The portion sizes were slightly smaller than expected but service was excellent. Due to the prices its a place I'm unlikely to come back too.

Nov 21, 2013

We booked a table for 7 through Dimmi, and the restaurant rang on the day to confirm bookings. The food is excellent. All of us are happy with our mains, and we had different dishes. We didn't order any entree, and were planning to try the desserts, but my father in law wasn't feeling well (not because of the food), so we decide to leave early. Service from the staff is great. The only minor thing is we need to walk past the bar area (also where the toilet is) before entering into the fine dinning area, which looks decent for a bar, but not quite fit the fine dinning atmosphere you might look for.

Oct 13, 2013

Food was hit and miss. The egg enter and lamb pie were tasty, top quality pub food. The lamb brains entre was interesting but the combination with its radish salad did not meet expectations, an acquired taste, but at least we got to try something different. The pork and chorizo crêpe ball wasn't good at all. Cut into it to end up with a mess of overly salty loose meat.

Reasonable wine list. Service was not attentive from the time we arrived. Waiting for menus is not fun. Way too much pub noise in the restaurant. A bit disappointing overall.

Jun 15, 2013

I wouldn't consider myself a person who could afford a place such as this on a regular basis. But none the less I find myself returning when I get the chance. The first 10 I think I ever plan on giving. The gentlemen and ladies that work here... wow. My glass is never empty, and my appetite always full. Thank you friends of the Weeds, my guests are always pleased, and myself... chuffed!

May 29, 2013

'Browsing'

This was my first time back to 3 weeds since the new chef has been there and I was pleasantly surprised. The food was well executed and comforting and less expensive than it used to be making it more affordable for a mid week night out. My partner had an all lamb meal enjoying both the brains and the lamb pie. I preferred a lighter option and was delighted with the kingfish carpaccio and fish of the day. Service was friendly and enthusiastic advice on wines. We'll be back.

Apr 30, 2013

I nice alternative to other venues. Parking's difficult but possible up the top of the street. Most pleasant attention but as expected.

Apr 25, 2013

Open room off to the side of the pub, service friendly and professional. Food executed well, although left wanting more. Mixed crowd dining. Membership valuable with discount vouchers sent out. Definitely will be back.

Apr 19, 2013

It may have been a bad night. The place was 3 quarters full and they had only 2 waiters. Obviously, service was slow and the waiters seemed very stressed. I was advised the fish of the day was a fish that I didn't know, that it was similar to coral trout and king fish. The meal I received was salmon and very ordinary. All too complicated for me. My advise is to check up from the neck up for the restaurateur.

Mar 07, 2013

I particularly enjoy "3" due to the combination of excellent food and a setting in which you can actually hold a conversation with your party, as opposed to most of the buzzy places after which you leave exhausted from having to yell across a table.

In fact, several of our dishes (amuse bouche and souffle) I rated higher than a "2 hatter" attended earlier this week! Wine list interesting and reasonable in price, perhaps, a wider choice in those by the glass. A pity to see it only 70% full on a Saturday night (lucky us).

Service does need to be more professional, even though the "maitresse" was warm and helpful. Forgotten side orders and spilling remnants of completed dishes on a guest are not easily forgiven or overlooked.

I look forward to our next visit, hopefully the incoming chef can maintain the standard of cuisine.

Nov 25, 2012