Bird in Hand Inn, The

Parking Station

Add a Review for The Bird in Hand Inn

User Reviews of The Bird in Hand Inn, Pitt Town

Food  8      Drinks  10      Ambience  8      Service  9      Value  9

Lovely old pub. nice staff, food good and beer inexpensive.

Suggestions:
    Taller bar stools.
    Some' olde worlde' bric-a-brac would enhance the ambiance, old farming tools and inexpensive old 'junk' and photos to reflect the history of the inn. Local residents might even like to donate things and become involved in their pub's story.

Jan 19, 2013

Food  10      Drinks  10      Ambience  9      Service  9      Value  10

Food is good quality and the steaks and sauces are just mouth watering, my wife and daughter loved the "bird in hand chicken dish" and the old school home cooked meat pie is massive. Good value too. Would recommend to any one.

Jun 08, 2012

Sensational meals! Try the Bird In Hand Chicken dish. The Bruschetta is the best I have ever had and the Bacon and Cheese Garlic Bread is mouthwatering.
    Incredibly friendly and helpful staff, a really lovely and quaint little place. Can not wait to come back!

Aug 27, 2010

Food  8      Drinks  8      Ambience  9      Service  9      Value  9

I have been a few times with friends and each time the food was good and we all had a great evening.

Jul 15, 2010

Food  10      Drinks  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

I had been to this pub a couple of years ago and the food was terrible and the service not so good. I came back in July 2009 and the pub had been sold with new management running the place, what a difference! The food was great, fresh oysters, hand made fresh prawn cutlets, I was in heaven. It may have been because it was so poor before, but I really enjoyed my meal and service. Well done!

Aug 11, 2009

Food  2      Drinks  2      Ambience  8      Service  6      Value  4

Yes, the good food of the Bird In Hand is long gone. I am a local who once touted this pup as my favourite place to relax and have a fantastic meal. Its been well over a year now and the food is absolutely ghastly. I hope the publican reads these reviews and gets a chef because he really can't cook.

Basically they kept the same menu but with no skill in the kitchen its turned into a disaster. I have had to take things back on the last few times there and was made to feel like a fool. There is a new Golf Club open up the road, I have eaten there once to date and the food is 100% on Pitt Town Pub. If you're hungry I suggest to drive abit further up the road.

Feb 02, 2009

Food  1      Drinks  1      Ambience  1      Service  4      Value  1

What has happened?? The chef has obviously gone as the food that is being served is of such a low standard. Our family ate at the pub quite often because the food was so yummy. Now that the chef has gone, the desserts are burnt and the main meals are no where near the standard that they used to be. I don't know what sauce they are adding to the steaks as they are being cooked but they taste horrible. You can tell that whoever is doing the cooking now has no qualifications whatsoever and should think about just giving up!!

Nov 08, 2006

Food  5      Drinks  5      Ambience  5      Service  9      Value  5

Went here over Christmas and had a wonderful meal with my family. The food was great, value for money and great taste. The service was also excellent but I went back there in June and what can I say. The food was bloody disgusting. The service was the same but the food. I think the chef they had there must of gone because the flavour and presentation was totally wrong. One member of my family ordered the rump medium and got it burnt and with no sauce even though it was on the menu with mushroom sauce. We did send it back and asked for it to be cooked medium and I could hear the new cook going off his head regarding the complaint. We got the steak back still over cooked but this time it had mushroom sauce on it, if you could call it mushroom sauce. I will not be going back to this pub again and will be telling my friends not to also.

Jun 16, 2006

Food  10      Drinks  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

A very nice place to have a meal and a quiet drink. The staff are very friendly and nice and the food is great. I'd eat there anytime.

May 14, 2006

Food  2      Drinks  2      Ambience  3      Service  1      Value  2

Not one of my best eating experiences at all. I'd never recommend. When my meal came, it was wrong and it had to be returned ( I was very specific when placing the order). When my meal was brought and I had to eat alone, very awkward. The entire meal was spent with the owner, constantly coming to interrupt our evening. He even shared a glass of wine out of our bottle!! When the time came to pay, I noticed that nothing was rung up on the cash register and we were asked to pay more than we spent. Horrific! Never go there if you want an enjoyable evening.

Apr 22, 2006