Fresh User Reviews in Sydney

Foodsaurus reviewed Excelsior Jones, Ashfield

Cafes, American - Californian, Modern European, Family Dining, Good for Brunch

Overall 6.9  13

Food  8      Coffee  8      Ambience  7      Service  7      Value  7

Excelsior Jones was named ‘Best New Cafe’ in the 2013 SMH Good Cafe Guide. This corner-shop cafe is tucked away in a quiet end of Ashfield, about a 30 minute walk from the train station. This was my first time visiting Excelsior Jones as I wanted to check out what the fuss was about.

Foodsaurus reviewed Brewtown Newtown, Newtown

Cafes, Modern Australian, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch, Pastries

Overall 6.8  5

Food  8      Coffee  8      Ambience  8      Service  7      Value  7

I’ve been craving a cronut since I first heard about the craze in NYC… so I’ve been wanting to visit Brewtown for a while as they are one of the few (but growing) places offering cronuts in Sydney at the moment...

caroline61 reviewed Dos Senoritas, Gladesville

Restaurants, Mexican / Latin American, Family Dining, Good For Groups, BYO

Overall 6.8  73

It's noisy when full and the seats are uncomfortable but the decor is charming. Service is great. The food is ordinary and unsurprising. Although weird tasting, the complimentary salsa and chips as soon as you sit down is a nice touch. My burrito was really salty and cold in the middle but the food was cheap and cheerful and the others on the table had no complaints.

Rikki32 reviewed Anais Restaurant - Taste of Persia, Baulkham Hills

Restaurants, Cafes, Persian, Family Dining, Good for Business Dining

Overall 8.7  11

Food  3      Coffee  5      Ambience  8      Service  8      Value  7

Nice venue, friendly waitress. Just found the food very bland. Ordered mezze plate. Came with cold, shaved lamb, walnuts, feta, cold soggy mushrooms. Very uninspiring and $20. I ordered lamb shank. While the lamb was tender enough, it was served on its own with no sauce of any kind, sitting on dry rice. Strangely, the plate also included slices of cold, raw onion. Husband ordered chicken Maryland which, again, came by itself on the dry rice. Not nice. Both tasteless. We tried the homemade ice cream-bright yellow and tasted as if it was laden with perfume. Couldn't eat it. The advertised pistachios were not through it, but sprinkled on top. I was amazed at our experience considering all these positive reviews. We won't return.

Marta1960 reviewed Enopizzeria, Neutral Bay

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, Citibank Dining Program, Licensed

Overall 7.1  63

Amazing restaurant... We will be definitely back!

iheartsydney reviewed Smooth Thai, Crows Nest

Restaurants, Thai, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup, Street Parking

Overall 7.6  11

When I'm in a bind after work and I just don't know what to cook, I opt for Smooth Thai as a solution. The food is made fresh to order and very tasty and the prices are very reasonable.

I have particularly enjoyed the squid entree, chicken pad see ewe and the curries are pretty good too. I can't go past the roti bread, albeit packet bought are still very moorish.

Service is ok, but not great. I like the fact that refreshments are free for orders over a certain amount so I always feel I'm getting good value for money here.

iheartsydney reviewed Bathers' Pavilion Restaurant, Balmoral Beach

Restaurants, International, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Child Friendly

Overall 7.7  153

Lovely venue and view. Good seafood and wine selection. Had a positive experience here.

Gerko reviewed Sous Le Soleil Roseville, Roseville

Restaurants, Cafes, French, Modern Australian, Family Dining

Overall 6.7  55

The food was excellent, which was just as well as there were faults with this place. They set a table for 4 although we had booked through Dimmi for 5. Everyone else dining there was al fresco but they put us in a room on our own and then basically forgot us as there were periods when we just saw nobody. At one stage we had to go out into the corridor and almost drag a staffmember in to take some orders from us. It was clear they were all busily running around serving everyone in their courtyard and didn't have time for the one party inside. Shame, as this let down the quality of their food.

Gerko Gerko
'Dining out again'

Nick P. reviewed The Grounds of Alexandria, Alexandria

Cafes, Bakeries, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good for Brunch

Overall 7.6  110

Food  7      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

Had the ribs, very fatty. Would not recommend. Everything else is very good though.

ashalea_ reviewed Pasteur on George St, Haymarket

Restaurants, Vietnamese, BYO, Serves Breakfast

Overall 5.9  56

Was told this place is decent but left feeling disappointed - I'll admit I don't know what good pho is meant to taste like but whatever they served me I definitely did not enjoy!

ashalea_ reviewed Bangkok Recipe, Randwick

Restaurants, Thai, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup, Street Parking

Overall 6.5  1

A great little Thai place in Randwick. You can watch them cook everything and the food is decent.

Cafes, Bakeries, French, Italian, Family Dining

Overall 3  6

Food  2      Coffee  6      Ambience  3      Service  1      Value  2

Terrible experience, bought a large black forest cake, looked like something from a Paris patisserie, that's where the fun stopped, was one of the worst cakes I have eaten. Nobody at our function liked it. Pies were ordinary as well ordered steak pies and chicken pies, meat pie was not pleasant and chicken pie was on the turn, I wasn't game. I was served by a pleasant girl, but had an older lady yelling at someone in the background, much better fair up on Victoria road.

Georginaesco reviewed Costa Do Sol, Petersham

Restaurants, Portuguese, Seafood

Overall 6.6  94

I am a Petersham local for the past 3 years. After trying quite a few of the restaurants around us, Costa do Sol has become our favourite. The food is consistently good and we never get disappointed, besides the style is so home cooked that it brings me back to Spain and my grandmother's cooking every time I go there (yes, Portuguese and Spanish food are not that different!). I prefer to come to this restaurant than going to so called 'Spanish restaurants' where I always end up disappointed as they do not fit my expectations of real homely food.

Restaurants, Seafood, Ample or Convenient Parking, Free Parking

Overall 5.6  11

Great food. Great service. Easy parking. New manager.

alexb reviewed Flying Fish, Pyrmont

Restaurants, Seafood, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 7.1  335

Visited the flying fish bar for a lazy afternoon of delicious small plates and excellent wine. Lovely tacos and slow cooked brisket sandwich. Other small bites were top bar food. Thankfully the restaurant wine list is available at the bar, the bar list is not very good. Its a fantastic location for a more casual experience than the restaurant, but still high quality.

Unfortunately, the bar area was short staffed so delays with our orders became frustrating. Staff were friendly enough. Music in the bar area and fixing the noisy gas heaters would bring the ambience to near perfect.

Frenchie11 reviewed Vincent, Woollahra

Restaurants, French, Licensed, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch

Overall 8  3

We were excited to try the much hyped Vincent but left very underwhelmed. We were really disappointed that a fine dining restaurant feels the need to charge $3 per person for bread! The roast chicken main was nice but simple and lacking accompaniments. For $36 we expected more! The desserts were super disappointing, there was no wow factor in their presentation and the taste was equally dull. The caramelised pear tart was mediocre and the pumpkin ravioli with chocolate sorbet was an odd combination that was unremarkable. All in all our experience was nothing special and we won't hurry back!

Gruetjen reviewed Simmone Logue, Double Bay

Cafes, Modern Australian

Overall 3.8  11

Food  1      Coffee  1      Ambience  1      Service  1      Value  1

I ordered the goats cheese scrambled eggs and croissant. The eggs were watery and I could not taste the goats cheese. The criossant was cold and dry. The cakes here are fantastic, but the food and service for a sit down is disgraceful. Its not cheap either for the food and also coffee - a short black at 4.50 in Sydney - that's a bit cheeky. So don't eat there - just get the cakes.

sam1000 reviewed Allure Restaurant Bar, Dural

Restaurants, Italian, Mediterranean, Family Dining, Fine Dining

Overall 7.7  58

Definitely recommend for a friday or saturday night. The entrees were a piece of art and the waiter was experienced enough for wine pairing as well. The service wasn't in your face and they were always attentive to see when we were low on water table or wanted another drink. The only problem was that its tucked away in an awkward business complex though once found its a breeze for return visits. A place that the hills district has needing or a while.

Restaurants, Japanese, Family Dining, Good For Groups, BYO

Overall 8.3  36

Best Japanese in Sydney!

alexb reviewed Lochiel House, Kurrajong Heights

Restaurants, Comfort Food, English, Modern Australian, Family Dining

Overall 5.2  13

Well there were ants in my food... fresh from the garden, as flowers were used to garnish my lunch. Kitchen and service should check all plates before they are served, especially unwashed ingredients. Its a shame as this place has surely had better days than today, but failed quite impressively on our visit. The water ran out at the end of our lunch so facilities were not available, which is fairly inconvenient if you are making a return trip to Sydney.

Mushroom risotto was very salty. Potatoes were used instead of rice, which is interesting in theory, but doesn't soak up the sauce as rice does. The white anchovy salad had merely two slithers of fish, one quail egg and a handful of potato nuggets, lots of very bitter herbs without any dressing to marry it together. Luckily the ants escaped before this plate was served. Poor value. Very ordinary wines by the glass.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next