Fresh User Reviews in Sydney

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 4638

Restaurants, Chinese, BYO, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 6.5  25

The food here is of a very high quality, however you must be accustomed and appreciative of Hunan province cuisine which is full of chili. Don't let that put you off if your averse to the heat as you can simply ask for the dishes to be toned down. My only major complaint is the lighting which in turn destroys the ambiance. The lights are those awful white lights you find in a hospital ward and they're way to bright - it really does sully the atmosphere of what is otherwise a nice restaurant.

SydneyguyRojoe reviewed Rhinedorf, Beverly Hills

Restaurants, German, Has Bar

Overall 7.3  93

Been here 3 times and every time I'm not disappointed. Food comes out faster than expected, prices are reasonable, ambience is ok if you don't mind the uneven floors and food is good. It's tucked away in between a lot of other restaurants on busy king georges road, worth coming too!

SydneyguyRojoe reviewed Emperor's Bowl, Burwood

Restaurants, Chinese

Overall 6.1  3

Been here twice, first time was really good, the second time was a big disappointment, looks like it depends on what you order.

SydneyguyRojoe reviewed Cafe Sydney, Circular Quay

Restaurants, Cafes, Modern Australian, Seafood, Family Dining

Overall 7.1  452

Food  5      Coffee  5      Ambience  9      Service  9      Value  4

It's a nice view but your paying for it, the food was below expectation,service was above average and prices expensive. Would come here for a romantic date and enjoy the view, but not the food

Restaurants, Caribbean, Good For Groups, Entertainment / Music, Serves Dinner

Overall 6.5  1

My friends liked it, I didn't because I couldn't stand the spicy-ness! I will come back though to try something non spicy but that's what I thought I picked in the first place to eat!

Kat S. reviewed Deck on Bent, Moore Park

Restaurants, Mediterranean, Modern Australian, Child Friendly Menus, Has Bar

Overall 5.5  26

Had my birthday party there, a group of 26 we were. Pastas, Salads and garlic bread. Great portions, creamy delicious pastas and the best garlic bread. Excellent service and exceptional coffee. The whole crew came out and sang happy birthday for me and shouted me a glass of bubbly which really made my night. The only downside was that we couldn't book the deck as they had other reservations.

SydneyguyRojoe reviewed Luke Benchmark, Sylvania

Restaurants, International, Modern Australian, BYO, Licensed

Overall 6.7  69

You come here for the oysters, the other mains are ok but not the reason you come. I think its a must try but the prices are whats holding me back from coming again.

Luke J. reviewed Igloo BBQ Restaurant, Cabramatta

Overall 9.5  2

Had lunch there yesterday and the Pho (beef noodle soup) was awesome! Friendly service and the atmosphere is very nice. What I liked most was the pricing, so cheap... and nice. Pleasant dining!

poppy_korn reviewed Chur Burger, Surry Hills

Restaurants, American, Burger, Outdoor Dining, Serves Dinner

Overall 8  21

Love love love chur burger! Best burgers in town - always perfectly cooked and they come out quick. My favourite is the beef burger with a side of the incredibly yummy chill salted chips! The NZ lemonade is a perfect compliment to down the burger. For $20 (burger, chips and a drink) this is a steal. They have the best selection of hot sauces as well. Service is quick and friendly and the places has a relaxed vibe (although they have funny seated tables where you can hurt your knees if you're too tall... ouch!).

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, Family Dining, Hip and Trendy

Overall 6.5  18

A good pizza and pasta place to come too, its been a while since a found that does both well! Worth a look.

poppy_korn reviewed Athenian Greek Restaurant, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Greek, Seafood, Steak House, Family Dining

Overall 6.6  137

My fiancé took me here proclaiming it to be the best greek place ever. it was just awful! The ambience is great - high ceilings and beautifully decorated, it takes you back to another era of dining. The food however was horrible - I ordered the lamb shoulder which just lumped on the plate as a huge chunk with a side greek salad. The meat was smelly and lacked any seasoning or flavour. I couldn't eat it and thankfully I had the salad to munch on. I also had a look at my fiancé's plate and he had lamb with spaghetti - it was horribly presented and didn't look one bit appetising. The only good thing was a pastry like dessert which we had with our tea which was the only saving grace of the whole evening. Service is excellent - but the food is just so so so bad. It's also very expensive for what you get. There are plenty of other places I would rather go for a good Greek feast but this isn't one of them.

SydneyguyRojoe reviewed Hub House Diner, The, Dulwich Hill

Cafes, Modern Australian, Parking Station, Street Parking

Overall 6.7  8

Food  6      Coffee  5      Ambience  8      Service  7      Value  6

I've not had the coffee so I can't really rate it. Food, the burgers we tried were below what I was expecting, and it took a long time to come out. Ambience wise I like the funky interior that they have. Service was good after you were seated that is, price wise what you would expect to pay in a place like this. I won't be back because the food just took too long to come out.

Restaurants, Vietnamese

Overall 6.2  2

Not up the the standards of other vietnamese places but I believe its the only one around that area so it has a niche but I didn't like it.

Nos from Maroubra reviewed Food Society, Darlinghurst

Restaurants, Bars, European, Fusion, Modern European

Overall 7.5  80

A group of us recently dined here midweek. It wasn't anywhere near half full so we received attentive service. Because there was a number of us, It was easier to go with the set menu at $55 per head. Yes there was a good serving of all dishes to satisfy the big eaters but some of the dishes, namely the fried cauliflower & the lamb with plenty of fat, left many of us feeling a little nauseous before all dishes were served up. The service was friendly, the decor, kind of glitzy so perhaps better suits the younger groups. Drinks were perhaps on the higher side, price-wise. I don't think I'd ever return.

moutho reviewed Sepia Restaurant, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Citibank Dining Program, Degustation Menu, Has Bar

Overall 8.2  115

Unreal. Awesome. Magic.

Absolutely loved my 40th birthday dinner here, it was one of the most memorable eating experiences ever, from start to finish everything was immaculate. The polished and seasoned wait team, expert sommeliers, amazing chefs and intuitive host team - it was a symphony of greatness. Had the full degustation with matching wines and although left $800 lighter, it was by no means feeling though it was 'expensive', granted - not cheap but heck you would only eat like this a couple of times in your life right. Right?!

The dishes were spaced apart perfectly and I loved the butter poached crab, the tuna sashimi, wagyu and winter chocolate forest the best but gee picking only those from the list was tough. The wines were perfectly matched and the pace was good, the artful presentation on the plate (coupled with lovely crockery) made for such an elegant evening.

Wow and wow. Take me back please. No wonder they just won restaurant of the year!

Food4allandme reviewed Prato Cafe & Diner, Abbotsford

Cafes, Fusion, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good for Brunch

Overall 7.7  11

Food  3      Coffee  5      Ambience  7      Service  1      Value  2

I am (have been) a regular user of this local cafe for a few months - giving it ample time to improve its customer service, menu and quality! It is getting worse instead of better! The coffee is 'hit & miss' - sometimes great & just as requested & sometimes bearable! The service is often slack & The quiet times are the worse - we felt like we were interrupting the conversation last time we went - fetched our own water and went inside to order as we got tired of waiting. No apology - just business as usual & they continued the conversation after reluctantly serving us!

bluemonkeythai reviewed Blue Monkey Thai, Randwick

Restaurants, Thai

Overall 7.1  8

Enjoyed the taste and high quality of the food along with friendly smile in warm and funky atmosphere. You will love Blue Monkey Thai.

bluemonkeythai reviewed Blue Monkey Thai, Rose Bay

Restaurants, Thai, Ample or Convenient Parking

Overall 8.8  9

Always serve high quality and delicious food along with friendly service in warm atmosphere.

whatnow73 reviewed Element 6, West Ryde

Cafes, International, Free Parking

Overall 7.4  6

Food  7      Coffee  8      Ambience  7      Service  8      Value  7

A very busy cafe with cool decor in Eastwood. They serve up good baked eggs, though its with pita bread which doesn't soak up the tomato as good as sourdough. Good coffee though. It can be a bit too packed/busy though, so watch out. We came as a couple around 10am on a Sat and it was busy but we got seated immediately (likely worse for bigger groups).

blogRead the full review on my blog

Sep 01, 2014

thesydneynoob reviewed Max Brenner, Sydney CBD

Cafes

Overall 6  15

My previous post was about how their menu was old and nothing was made to order. At first I was glad to see that they updated the menu and actually thought that they had pretty good new ideas. That was on paper however the execution was very poor with the Chocolate Mess and the only saving grace was that this branch had fast service and the layout is spacious and comfortable.

Max Brenner just had to execute the old menu and propose real fresh made to order food. Again, all of the soufflés, waffles, etc are reheated and designed to be finished off by staff very quickly. Good logistical sense but bad business sense in the long term for if you are like me and boycott them for the reasons above.

Full review and photos on my blog.

blogRead the full review on my blog