Fresh User Reviews in Sydney

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 4148

A A. reviewed Rajasthan Delights, Thornleigh

Restaurants, Indian, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Good for Brunch

Overall 8.1  12

Great food but horrible customer service. Very rude while servicing. Go for food but not for service.

Nov 29, 2014

miffy7 reviewed Mojo by Luke Mangan, Waterloo

Bars, Tapas

Overall 7.1  2

Drinks  6      Ambience  7      Service  8      Value  7

I came here with a friend to try the lime and tonic six course menu with matching wines for dinner on Friday night. Initally the restaurant was quiet but it filled up fast.

Our waiter who looked after us was very friendly and the food was nice but very bread/carb focused. (Maybe to fill us up?) But I really enjoyed the first course of kingfish sashimi and their third course soft shell crab Po boy.

They never rushed us or pushed us to order extra from the special menu and I wouldn't mind coming here to try their lunch menu.

jethre reviewed Gemelle Ristorante Italiano, Liverpool

Restaurants, Italian, Restaurant Bookings

Overall 8  51

What a great restaurant Gemelle is. It's been around for years but has consistently been one of the best restaurants in the Liverpool/Campbelltown area. The menu never gets tired and the service is second to none.

Some restaurants that enjoy Gemelle's popularity charge like a wounded bull, but Gemelle offers fine dining at a very reasonable price. The seafood risotto is superb as is the homemade pastas and gnocchi.

The wait staff are very knowledgeable and are there when you need them without being intrusive. We dined as a family of 5 on a very busy Friday night, yet the timing of our meals was spot-on. Why would you bother driving to the city when you can experience a meal as good as anything on offer in the city at a fraction of the cost.

Letitia B reviewed Chatime, Chatswood

Tea Rooms

Overall 1  1

Food  1      Drinks  1      Ambience  1      Service  1      Value  1

Expensive drinks made out of syrup, artificial flavours and questionable source of milk powder.

Letitia B reviewed Breadtop, Sydney CBD

Bakeries

Overall 4.4  3

The reason why their bread and pastries taste so good is because of the animal oils that they use. I saw large containers of those being delivered into their kitchen.

Letitia B reviewed 85 ℃, Chatswood

Cafes, Bakeries

Overall 3.9  3

Food  1      Coffee  1      Ambience  1      Service  1      Value  1

Stopped buying their stuff after noticing this bakery on the name and shame register of NSW Food Authority.

Weegie reviewed BuddhaBing Real Thai, Potts Point

Restaurants, Thai, BYO, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch

Overall 6.4  11

Terrific little place. Not for a romantic dinner for two, but to get a great meal on the way to somewhere or in a busy day. Lovely people and staff.

Letitia B reviewed New Hong Kong Cafe, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Cafes, Chinese, Food Delivery, Serves Dinner

Overall 1.3  2

Food  1      Coffee  1      Ambience  1      Service  1      Value  1

I had dinner here once and the piece of chicken in the main course lacked any kind of meat flavours or texture of chicken. It was very tough and tasted like tree bark covered in gravy. The Hong Kong style milk tea here is made in an amateur way and totally inadequate. Definitely a wrong choice to pick for Hong Kong style dining.

Letitia B reviewed Old Town Hong Kong Cuisine, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Chinese, Serves Dinner, Serves Late Dining, Serves Lunch

Overall 6.3  10

Had the beef brisket noodles here and the sauces made me very thirsty but there was hardly any meat flavours beneath all the sauces. More like plastic covered with thick strong sauces. Very cramped seating, dingey dirty tables and chairs that felt sticky, and plastic crockery. The prices certainly do not match the cheap ambience and low quality food.

beachcaf71 reviewed Curry By The Curve, Avalon

Restaurants, Indian, Food Delivery

Overall 8.7  2

This is easily the best Indian takeaway I've ever had. Can't compliment this store enough, just great great food.

beachcaf71 reviewed Crust Gourmet Pizza Bar, Neutral Bay

Restaurants, Pizza, Food Delivery, Serves Dinner, Serves Takeaway

Overall 5.6  22

The worst Crust franchise I've ordered from. Consistently very light on the toppings compared to the other stores. Eventually I decided to pick up from the Willoughby store instead, worth the hassle for a good Crust pizza.

Lush Lysh reviewed Amoretti's, Chiswick

Restaurants, Italian, BYO, Street Parking

Overall 7.7  7

Rude and overpriced! Went to the park, thought it'd be nice to get an ice cream for kids, thought $6 would be enough, particularly when I saw they were selling very basic Chocolate paddlepops from Costco bulk packs that said "not for individual sale on them.

Apparently not. After waiting 10 minutes to even get served I cracked them open so that they didn't melt before we had the chance to eat them... $11.80 for 3 basic bulk pack ice creams. When I baulked at the price the guy got even ruder, saying "we run a business, not a charity". Um a Rip-off Merchant more like it. When I pointed out that he was making more than a profit he told me to go to the servo next time or bring my own box. I then said that I would need to pay by card as I did not think it would be so ridiculous and he went off at me again: "$20 minimum, read the sign". I certainly wasn't buying anything else now, after his rudeness and I told him so. He said, "how much have you got?" I showed him the total of my wallet and said "$6.95". He told me to count it out then took it.

I only recount the whole story because I can't believe someone could be so rude and "run a business". The rest of their prices are bad if not worse. I don't care how tasty their food is, I will never go there again & tell everyone I know to avoid it like the plague.

paulmary reviewed I Thai, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Thai, Citibank Dining Program, Has Bar, Outdoor Dining

Overall 6  91

Food was ordinary but a little bright side was sugar, nuts and spice were put on the side of the pad thai so you can decide if you want them or not. I ordered a draught beer, it came with no heads and tasted funny. Did not touch it again and nobody (staff) seemed surprised that a patron ordered a drink and decided to leave it in tact. Price was higher than normal which was why I rated the value low.

Gerko reviewed Ipot, Chatswood

Restaurants, Chinese, Good For Groups, Serves Dinner

Overall 6.5  1

The tables are equipped so that every person has their own induction element. This means you can have a number of different stocks/soups around the table and everyone can try each others. They have a very good selection of meats and veges as well as n assortment of help-yourself sauces. BYO and licenced. The service is okay if maybe a little brusque. Things like asking for a wine glass seemed to throw them momentarily but all in all it's good fun and reasonably priced.

Gerko Gerko
'Dining out again'

Cafes, Fish and Chips

Overall 8.1  8

Food  9      Coffee  7      Ambience  6      Service  8      Value  10

Such good value with generous portions and affordable prices. The creamy garlic potato is amazing. They have a wide array of gourment salads, hot sides, and of course chicken. Customer service is good. Ambience is that of a take away shop, though they do have a table and chairs if you want to eat there.

Restaurants, Chinese, Restaurant Bookings

Overall 7.6  39

A friend and I went to Spicy Sichuan on Thursday night, having passed by here many times I have always been curious and we were not disappointed. The menu comes on an iPad, fortunately this included lots of pictures as most of the information was written in Chinese. The waitress was very helpful and explained the process and helped us to order.
The food was delicious and included pork dumplings, tea smoked duck and fried beef in chillies which was the stand out dish for me. The portions are generous. Overall we had a great night, and the meal came to $120 for two people including six local beers and a tip. Excellent value for money.

Gerko reviewed La Beirut, Killara

Restaurants, Lebanese, Family Dining, Air Conditioning, Buffet

Overall 7.6  2

You gotta laugh. Have a look at their website menu, where they list See Food, Brawns, Clamari. Not a lot of proof reading done there. They also claim to be the best middle eastern restaurant in Killara and seeing as Killara has very few restaurants and I don't think has ever had a middle eastern one, then it's a fair claim. This is a big room, a Black Stump location in years gone by, so it is spacious and at times they may struggle to fill it. But the food is good and generous and value for money so I wish them well. We never go for the banquets at ME restaurants as they tend to load you up with bread and dips. This place has a good list of mains but we decided to buy a handful of entrees and make it like tapas and that worked very well. Couldn't fault any of the dishes and the fatoush salad was particularly nice. They charged us for one course that never arrived but forgot to charge us for desserts so it probably worked out pretty equal and we weren't hungry when we left. They are licensed and BYO and have the golf club next door for easy parking.

Gerko Gerko
'Dining out again'

lobster reviewed Criniti’s Darling Harbour, Darling Harbour

Restaurants, Italian, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Hip and Trendy

Overall 6  158

Found the place incredibly noisy on a Sunday night. Service was very poor. Ordered a beer three times and still did not come.If there was a wine list we were not offered one. Four large pizzas arrived first for 16 of us, Thanatos small pan of meatballs followed by antipasto. Next cane four monstrous dishes of pasta, hardly any of which was eaten. Then, incredibly, two metre long pizzas were presented. Again, hardly touched. Had enough of this torture, so we left .

kengoey69 reviewed Provence By Antoine, Concord

Restaurants, French

Overall 8.4  3

I had the Pork Belly and the Cassoulet, whilst my partner had the Beef Carpaccio to start, with the Pork Belly as a main. All our dishes were visually superb, well constructed examples of how rich food can be so satisfying. Seriously, we struggled to finish our mains, we could have easily done without the entrees and left fully satiated. The Cassoulet especially was a meal in itself! I must make mention of the warm & welcoming service, so very knowledgeable and appropriate. The wine list is tight, yet quirky and the atmosphere and vibe they have created is terrific. We were pleasantly surprised at finding such a fine dining offering in this location, we wish them all the success possible. If they maintain this standard, this restaurant will no doubt become a Sydney institution. We'll definitely be back!

Restaurants, Barbeque, Indian, Vegetarian, Family Dining

Overall 7.2  309

What a lovely place to have lunch on the balcony overlooking Darling Harbour. I love Indian food but this is a little different to other Indian restaurants. Food was really nice so heading back shortly.

Nov 27, 2014