Fresh User Reviews in Sydney

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 3438

eaterato reviewed Thai One, Sans Souci

Restaurants, Thai, Restaurant Bookings, Catering, Eftpos

Overall 7.9  11

Nice little restaurant. All dishes are nicely presented and taste great. Had the duck curry and tong yum soup last time I went and both were delicious. Service is good and the people working there are very nice. Not exactly cheap, but have always been happy to pay the bill at the end of meal based on the overall experience.

Foodster L. reviewed Centennial Parklands Cafe, Paddington

Cafes, Has Cafe, American Express

Overall 6.5  32

Food  6      Coffee  6      Ambience  7      Service  6      Value  7

We thought the food was okay. Service wise pretty average. Location pretty good. Peaceful and green surrounds, though peace is subjective as the cafe can get busy and noisy inside and out. We enjoyed the feta tart.

Menu as at Dec 2014 Benedict Smoked Salmon Fig, prosciutto and feta tart, rocket, shaved perc...

Discerning Westie reviewed Phuong, Crows Nest

Restaurants, Vietnamese, Good For Groups, BYO, Serves Dinner

Overall 6.9  139

The Pho was average but setting this aside there's little to dislike.

mrjvdh reviewed Stir Crazy Thai @ Erskineville, Erskineville

Restaurants, Thai

Overall 6.2  48

Average food, dreadful service. None of the staff seemed to want to be there. I won't be back.

Jess K. reviewed Punjabi Tandoori Bites, Bondi Junction

Restaurants, Indian, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Overall 8.4  5

Delicious food, prompt service at a reasonable price. This restaurant will be on regular rotation for us!

Aussiebears reviewed Dumpling Hut, Newtown

Restaurants, Takeaways, Chinese, Food Delivery, Always Open 24/7/365

Overall 4.8  1

Have been waiting to try this new dining destination in Newtown, well what a disappointment it was when I finally dined there. Tried pan fried pork and coriander dumplings which were the highlight, absolutely fresh and delicious, tried a few other dumplings, the xio long bao, the chicken and mushroom and the vegetarian which while fresh really didn't have much punch in them flavour wise, just average but the disaster was the salt and pepper squid, overpriced at $21 and very tough, not at all enjoyable. While it is good that you can watch them make the dumplings on the premises, the prices especially would put me off going again, paid big $$$ for what was mainly very average food, was hoping for better things from this place.

Jan 24, 2015

hungrybeyatch reviewed La Plaka, Burwood

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Good For Groups

Overall 1  1

I was asked to meet with friends here and let me tell you this place is disgusting, along with the feeling like you are being fumigated by argili - it doesn't get better, I ordered a tea and some wedges with sweet chilli and sour cream, so we had something to pick it. The tea came out first, I opened my teapot to move my teabag around and I literally almost spewed when I saw the state of the teapot it was completely brown on the inside, like it had never been washed or scrubbed that's how much build up there was on it. Vom.. next our wedges -they were ok till I dipped them in the watered down sweet chilli sauce. What the? When I told the waitress, she said that's how they serve it... fine... I paid.. left, stunk like a dirty ash tray all the way home and vow never to go back either.

Restaurants, Cafes, Takeaways, Burger, Italian

Overall 5.8  11

Food  5      Coffee  4      Ambience  5      Service  5

Not fussed at all with the food, wouldn't recommend.

Resto reviewed Cream Gourmet Deli, Naremburn

Cafes, International

Overall 6.5  22

Food  8      Coffee  8      Ambience  7      Service  9      Value  8

We love Cream! We go there regularly for breakfast. Friendly service and great food. 8/10.

Jan 24, 2015

Harry S. reviewed Enopizzeria, Neutral Bay

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, Citibank Dining Program, Licensed

Overall 7.1  64

We are locals now and thought to try this place out. We were pleasantly surprised coming from the eastern suburbs. The service was fantastic! We had the 50cm pizza and the flavours were very good. The zucchini flowers and arancini balls are highly recommended. Great wine collection too. A bit pricey, but certainly will be back to try a few more dishes.

Harry S. Harry S.
'Married'

bauer reviewed Vogue Cafe, The, Macquarie Park

Cafes, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch, Parking Station

Overall 7.1  5

Food  5      Coffee  7      Ambience  6      Service  6      Value  6

These guys are busy and I was really looking forward to breakfast there. Yes their milk shakes are fun but food sadly very disappointing. Cold, watery over done poached eggs on stone cold toast with a handful of alfalfa thrown on top.

bauer reviewed Yok Thai Restaurant, Manly

Restaurants, Thai, BYO, Outdoor Dining, Serves Takeaway

Overall 7.7  48

Not cheap but worth it. Healthy options and pretty much every dish we have tried has been great. One of our top choices when in manly. In summer it's perfect to sit outside.

bauer reviewed Daniel San, Manly

Restaurants, Japanese, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 8.3  1

Went there with a group including kids. Great food, really happy the the kids food options. Healthy choices.. Recommend going with a few friends so u can order up big and sample more of the menu. Fab cocktails too.

bauer reviewed Max Brenner, St Ives

Cafes, European

Overall 6.8  24

Food  4      Coffee  7      Ambience  7      Service  5      Value  4

I normally enjoy taking my kids there for the choc fondue, I've noticed the quality going down unfortunately, on our last visit the strawberries were over ripe, banana bread cold and stale, even the marshmellows were hard. Really disappointing when u take your kids out for a special treat.

bauer reviewed Pablo & Rusty's, Gordon

Cafes, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch, Cake

Overall 8.4  25

Food  8      Coffee  8      Ambience  7      Service  9      Value  8

Great staff, great coffee.

Howard C. reviewed Black By Ezard, Pyrmont

Restaurants, Steak House, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch, Restaurant Bookings

Overall 7.7  64

Having been to Ezard at Adelphi, I was excited to try the new Ezard addition in Sydney. I knew the concept was different so didn't expect the same genre of food.

Having booked 2 weeks in advance to secure a time we wanted, I was happy to wait dine at a suitable time. On the booking sheet, there was a section which as for requests. I didn't think it was unreasonable to request a table with harbour views with such advanced notice.

We arrived at the restaurant early and waited at the bar. We were escorted to our table 10 minutes before our booking time so was pleased in that regard. The waitress brought us to a table on the very far end of the restaurant near the toilet entrance and with NO view of the harbour. This may seem trivial but booking in advance for only two people, the minimum I expected was at least acknowledging that they didn't have a table I requested but they gave us the best table they could. That is enough and would still classify as good service, but no explanation was provided.

The waiter came and was friendly and knowledgeable and helped us through the order with ease.

Entree - My wife ordered the Prawn chilled spencer gulf, roasted chilli dressing, avocado, mango, young coconut. This was very nice with trademark Ezard flavours. I ordered the Spanner Crab chilled salad, almond gazpacho, apple, green chilli, kaffir lime ice. The flavours were fresh and complimented each other with distinct refreshing flavours. The serving of crab was generous.

Main - My wife ordered the Duck Breast tamarind and honey glazed, five spice, rhubarb, spinach and pumpkin. The duck seemed to have been rested for a bit too long and came out looking dry and dull. The skin was soft and the entire dish was just a bit pedestrian.

I ordered the Flat Iron 600 day ration fed wagyu MBS 9+ 200g which the waiter said was the shoulder section and the best cut of wagyu they sold. The waiter recommended that it be cooked nothing below medium due to the high marbling. The steak was $71 and did not come with any sides. The steak was cooked to perfection and was melt in the mouth quality. I was taking nothing less than perfection for $86 for steak - chips - pepper sauce and they delivered.

The food we had was very good on the most part so no real complaints there and all credit to Teage and his team of chefs.

The service was good at the start of the evening and whenever we needed their attention. They were genuinely helpful. However, we were left alone for most of the evening after the order was taken. No one asked how our entree or mains were. This is a minimum for the prices they charge. There was clearly some crumbs and sauce on the table which could have been cleaned up between dishes that any reputable restaurant would address. The water was no refilled till the end of the evening and no one bothered to check if we needed extra drinks!

I have had better service at a family steakhouse. Due to poor service and the fact that no one bothered to care, we saved our $50 we were going to spend on desserts and ended our night prematurely and went to Zumbos instead.

I have met Teage in Melbourne and I know he doesn't stand for anything below perfection in his food and service at Adelphi was excellent. The staff they have here are also friendly and professional but not paying attention to a table who is about to pay almost $300 for dinner is not on. I would not be complaining if I was spending $100 for dinner. Also, please inform your reception/floor manager to actually read customers requests if you are going to ask at the time of booking or do yourself a favour and remove that section. My request was not unreasonable for booking weeks in advance and to be have it totally ignored was simply rude.

The bill came to $278 and we paid and left quietly. The food quality was very good besides the duck. The service was lacking and that is the reason I will not be back. Quay deserves my patronage more.

Howard.

John Dory reviewed Aquarius Seafood Restaurant, Georges Hall

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Seafood, Family Dining, Fine Dining

Overall 6.5  81

We decided to try the Aquarius Seafood Restaurant for lunch using an Our Deal voucher for a Two tier lobster seafood platter for two. When the platter was presented to our table, I made a comment to the waitress about only receiving half a lobster, to which she replied “It says a half lobster on the website”. The terms of the deal only refer to a lobster, not half or full lobster and guess what, on the restaurant’s website, the Aquarius seafood platter for two states “served with full Lobster”. The half lobster that we received was most certainly very juvenile. The fish fillets that we received was a small piece of fish. The grilled bugs on the platter was a miniscule bug cut into two pieces. The natural oysters that we had were far from being premium quality. The remainder of the platter was very average with the standout being the chips. Whilst we received a discount using a deal, the listed menu price of $155 for a platter for two, based on what we received was ludicrous. The iced water in a plastic jug that was placed on our table tasted like it had been collected from the nearby Georges River. The venue was very quiet when we were there, with only a few tables occupied. Service was friendly and very simplistic. The view was nice. For a first time visit, this restaurant had a great opportunity to impress and generate return customers, however they failed miserably by being frugal and deceitful with served items. We could not possibly recommend or consider a return visit under any circumstances.

John Dory reviewed Fogo Brazilia, Chippendale

Restaurants, Brazilian, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch, Serves Takeaway

Overall 8.8  2

We discovered Fogo Brazilia when they first opened in the Central Park Shopping Centre when strolling past some time ago. This time, we decided to have lunch using a Scoopon voucher for a Brasilia Meat Platter each, comprising a selection of beef, chicken, lamb and beef chorizo, served with bread, salad and fries. When we were there, the venue was fairly busy; however service was still very friendly and attentive from all staff members. We were served very quickly and found the meals to be very tasty and most enjoyable. Ambience is most pleasant with a relaxed atmosphere. The venue is also licensed and uses 100% grass fed beef which is also a plus. Value for money is very good, with or without a discount and many of the dishes on neighbouring tables looked most appetizing. We would certainly recommend and are keen to return to try other menu options.

Tastyreview reviewed glass brasserie, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Good for Brunch

Overall 7.8  259

On our arrival, although the doors open, initially told restaurant was still closed for the next 5 minutes - booking details not taken, not told to wait or that we would be called - slightly baffling! Understandable that they weren't rushing to accommodate us given they weren't open, but still a strange welcome as if there was an "on" switch at the start of stated hours.

Take two. Taken to our table promptly and menu and drinks briefly explained. Waiter courteous and prompt, generally easy to get their attention when needed. When enquiring about the menu, however, some details were lacking such as ingredients in the side dishes and on bringing out the food some hesitation as to what they were actually serving. Ambience typical of hotel restaurant, but warmer and more relaxed. Many business meetings occurring at the same time.

Food portioned very generously - made the mistake of ordering too much! All dishes cooked meticulously and constructed with multiple flavours, although not always combining harmoniously. Asian-inspired dishes particularly flavourful, the pork belly wraps done Peking duck-style a wonderful mix of earthy pancakes, salty and rich sauce, silky fat and meat, and crispy skin with tang from shallot and extra crunch and refreshment from cucumber. Scampi cooked perfectly, sweet and succulent, although a sauce of apple slightly too tangy and overpowering. Ravioli with spinach moorish, figs just providing enough sweetness to freshen the palate. Beef short rib handled gently, perhaps slightly underseasoned but comforting. Snapper with crispy prawns in an unctuous broth equally as indulgent. Too much food over lunch to consider desserts or coffee!

Concordian reviewed Emperor's Bowl, Burwood

Restaurants, Chinese

Overall 6.1  4

We had lunch here and tried the seafood and bean curd hotpot and duck congee. Both dishes were delicious and made from good ingredients. Service was very good as well.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next