Fresh User Reviews in Sydney

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 4339

Doll75 reviewed Steki Taverna, Newtown

Restaurants, Greek, BYO, Licensed, American Express

Overall 7.1  85

Had a wonderful time here. Beautiful authentic Greek restaurant. Loved the Greek band (even though a bit loud at times). Food is divine and healthy. The owner manager Paul also looks after you. Would go again.

K A. reviewed Yen For Viet, Marrickville

Restaurants, Vietnamese, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Hip and Trendy

Overall 8  47

One of our favourites. A stand out amongst Marrickville Vietnamese restaurants. The noodle soup with crispy chicken is so good. Rice paper rolls, pancakes - it's all delicious.

K A. reviewed Coogee Bay Hotel, Coogee

Restaurants, Pubs, Restaurant Bookings

Overall 5.5  57

Great view from the beer garden and loved the overhead heaters, but the food was very average and overpriced. The battered seafood had so much greasy batter on it that we had to take it off to eat the food. The burger was very very ordinary for $21.

stonk reviewed Hub House Diner, The, Dulwich Hill

Cafes, Modern Australian, Parking Station, Street Parking

Overall 6.7  9

Food  9      Coffee  9      Ambience  9      Service  10      Value  8

The Hub is great. I've been for brekky, lunch and dinner and each time I can't fault it. Coffee is consistently really good and the service is friendly and attentive. Highly recommended!

Restaurants, Indian, Vegetarian, Family Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 2.3  3

Food  1

Such a worst food I have ever seen and had it in Sydney. Pathetic and worst service, no good food and hygienic. Worst restaurant and experience ever got in Sydney.

mulberry123 reviewed Cordelia's Cafe, Rozelle

Cafes, Modern Australian, Pizza, Romantic and Intimate, Has Cafe

Overall 8.1  7

Food  9      Coffee  7      Ambience  7      Service  9      Value  9

Surprisingly good. Warm, friendly efficient service and simple but tasty food. I've had quite a few breakfasts here and they have always been great. The scrambled eggs are delicious! The portions and generous with two big pieces of toast, lots of eggs and bacon/salmon etc. Good juices, tea and coffee. The vegetarian breakfast and the dish with avocado/salmon/poached egg are delicious too. Straight forward local cafe with reasonable prices, great service and flavoursome food. Recommended!!

Natalie W. reviewed Stain @ The Cove, Lane Cove North

Cafes, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good for Brunch, Good For Groups

Overall 6.7  3

Service  1

Went to the Stain for coffee with my 18 month and a friend with her 12 month old. The restaurant was quiet and we decided to sit inside. The staff were extremely rude, we asked for coffee and a biscuit and they replied no they were only taking coffee orders. My friend later asked for a biscuit and they walked away without getting my order, so I called them back and asked for another biscuit. My daughter moved a chair on the floor and giggled and the owner came up to me and said that's enough they're too loud and it's disturbing (only 1 other customer in the cafe). We then packed up and left. He never thanks us now were they polite. Will not return!

Foodbag reviewed Tany's Japanese, Redfern

Overall 6.8  2

Tany's is fantastic! My partner and I are going tonight and we look forward to it from the moment we've made the decision to go! Delicious food, good service and BYO. Love Tany's! (love their soft shell crab!)

Lisadm1973 reviewed Bondi Pizza, Parramatta

Restaurants, Pizza, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Hip and Trendy

Overall 7  29

Had dinner here for the 1st time last night (with hubby & master 3 years old) - Sept 30th 2014. The venue itself was nice, clean, had sufficient 'mood' lighting and was certainly inviting. Our waitress was very attentive, friendly and checked on us throughout our meal.

Master 3 had the 'Arancini Balls' (Fried risotto balls with Fontina, tomato, herbs & fetta, served with a garlic aioli) They were lovely, very fresh and very tasty (He ate all 4 of them, leaving only a small sample taste for Mum lol). Hubby and myself shared 2 pizza's = The Margherita for me (Roma tomato, Italian buffalo mozzarella, shaved parmesan & basil) and for hubby, the "Marinated Chargrilled Lamb" (Tender marinated lamb back strap fillet, fetta, balsamic onions, roma tomatoes, rocket, sweet potato crisps & our creamy Caesar sauce). Both pizza's were lovely, fresh and all things you want on a pizza (flavour wise).

However, we were certainly disappointed at how small the pizza's were considering the price for them! $26 for a 12inch pizza? Really (I know it says that on the menu, but I really thought they would be bigger than what we were served). Suffice to say we were left a bit hungry at the end of our meal and popped into another venue afterwards for desserts.

Again, lovely fresh & tasty meals, attentive, friendly staff... but if you are looking for value for money, sorry to say, this is not your place to visit. Can't say we will be back sorry to say (based solely because of the pricing and serving sizes). While I understand this is a 'chain' it seems to be a re-occurring theme (expensive pricing) for many reviewers for each of their sites on this and other review websites.

necromancer reviewed Cafe Mambo, Girraween

Cafes, Italian, Family Dining, Good for Brunch, Good For Groups

Overall 7.6  14

Food  7      Coffee  7      Ambience  8      Service  8      Value  8

Had lunch here last week with a friend. She ordered veal with prawns and she enjoyed it. I ordered a veg pizza, which was slightly under cooked - another few minutes and it would have been perfect. Desserts were vanilla macarons and lava cake, and they were good. Service was nice and friendly and quick.

necromancer reviewed Manly Wharf Hotel, Manly

Pubs, Modern Australian, Water View

Overall 7.5  46

Food  8      Drinks  8      Ambience  8      Service  8      Value  8

Had lunch here last week and really enjoyed it - beetroot and feta salad, Thai beef salad and a veg nachos, and all were pretty good. Friendly service too. The pub is opposite the fast ferry wharf so we finished our beers and went straight to the ferry when we saw it come in.

Restaurants, Greek, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 1  1

Awful, awful, awful. Wait staff disinterested, food dry and tasteless, way overpriced. Save your money and buy a souvlaki from a street vendor.

ethowie reviewed D'roost, Liverpool

Restaurants, Lebanese

Overall 6.9  5

After being a long term fan of El Jannah, I finally decided to give D'Roost a try. First I was blown away by the disparity between the dine in and takeaway prices. I asked the staff member who served me how is the different justified and besides not understanding my question because her English was so poor she said something about tomatoes.

When my chicken roll arrived it was all made clear. It was a sad undersized dry colourless roll that looked like something from 7-11. The lettuce was white, no onions, no tomatoes and the only other vegetable I had was a few limp pickles.

Needless to say I'll just wait till I'm in Granville to get me charcoal chicken fix.

Ste H. reviewed Ozeki Sushi and Hot Pot Train, Hurstville

Restaurants, Japanese, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 6  4

Another Japanese restaurant run by Koreans so expect plenty of weird maki. Everything tastes decent enough though don't expect much change from $100 for two people. Not surprised at the prices considering how many staff they employ for a place that's mostly empty.

Ste H. reviewed Ajisen Ramen, Hurstville

Restaurants, Japanese, Good For Groups, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch

Overall 4.4  4

Went once, the soup was flavourless, cold and way overpriced for what it is. Service is non-existent. Those wanting ramen is better off eating at a real Japanese restaurant.

liv24 reviewed La Tavernetta Osteria, Leichhardt

Restaurants, Italian, Good For Groups, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 5.2  2

Not impressed with this place, we expected more.

orolain reviewed Handmade Noodle Bar, Carlingford

Restaurants, Asian

Overall 7.5  1

Delicious noodles that are truly handmade. Eat them up in true foodcourt-style, like a boss. Bravo handmade noodles, bravo!

the_food_critic reviewed Bungarribee Buffet, Blacktown

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Buffet, Has Bar, American Express

Overall 6.2  16

I like buffet food but bad food choices can make you fat. It gets worse on a busy night like Friday. It becomes a madhouse people line up like cattle in a herd and then begin eat like pigs but that is western suburb types for you. As for the food yes there will always be something for everyone here so you can't say you wont want to eat. If you can come on a quiet day say monday lunch time when the usual crowds are at work then you will be all good.

the_food_critic reviewed Burger Fuel, Newtown

Restaurants, Burger, Gluten Free, Vegan

Overall 6.5  66

Ok this place has great potential it wants to be grill'd but sadly it is not.. It's a gourmet burger joint yes much better than your maccas Hj's and healthier too. Grill'd has a wide selection and variety of burgers as well as the option of salads however I find burger fuel's choices to be a little limited. The food quality was nice but still leaning closer toward being just a pricier version of take away. I had the biofuel burger and it was quiet nice. The decor does resemble that of a diner style with a motor car theme and I thought that was cool. This place is on the growth phase with stores already planned across sydney melb and brisbane so if I were the owners of Grill'd and other gourmet chains I would be concerned at the potential growth from the NZ guys... give it a try and see what you think.

Keskatjohn reviewed Beehive Cafe, Beecroft

Cafes, International, Street Parking

Overall 7.8  7

Food  10      Coffee  9      Ambience  8      Service  10      Value  5

My old work mate and I had a lovely catch-up lunch here, under the out-door umbrellas. The service was efficient and quick, with a smile and a chat. Although the prices are a bit high, the quality of the food is good... but don't forget... it is Beecroft! We will go back for our next catch-up.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next