Fresh User Reviews in Sydney

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 2931

Restaurants, Thai, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Hip and Trendy

Overall 7.2  275

Yes the food is expensive but the freshness of the food is really out of this world, I don't mind the communal tables and the service is good. Worth trying.

SydneyguyRojoe reviewed Rim Tanon, Haymarket

Restaurants, Thai, Air Conditioning, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 7.5  4

My new fav Thai place, with choices you cant get at other Thai restaurants and prices match the portion sizes that you get, worth coming too.

nakki reviewed Akita Teppanyaki, Sylvania

Restaurants, Asian Fusion, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 8.5  2

What a delightful find! Tasty, fresh food cooked in front of ones eyes. BYO wine & beer as restaurant only has soft drinks and tea. Service is excellent and restaurant is clean!

PennyB reviewed Thaii Restaurant, McMahons Point

Restaurants, Takeaways, Thai, Family Dining, Quiet

Overall 9.1  7

My partner and I discovered this little gem on our way home from work one evening and have been dining there regularly. The food is always fantastic and very friendly service and good value. This is one of our favourite Thai restaurants in Sydney.

Restaurants, Middle Eastern, Persian, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch

Overall 6.1  27

The worst service you could expect at a restaurant. As I was leaving the lady rudely asked for a tip I said no to which she stated insulting me in Persian under her breath, absolutely ridiculous.

Mobile Review Mar 04, 2015

whatnow73 reviewed Cho Cho San, Potts Point

Restaurants, Asian, Good For Groups, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 6.7  5

The decor in this place is really cool! A mix of clean concrete and wood. Everything is really presentable, including the water in beakers. You can tell the staff and owners put a lot of effort into the place.

The food itself is just delicious. I highly recommend the deep fried eggplant and crab omelette. Their menu is regularly changing though, so just pick from the menu as I'm sure it'll be good.

Service is very good as well. My brunch for two came to $130, which is very expensive! But it was nice to try the place and the food, service and decor is lovely. Probably wouldn't come here regularly though.

blogRead the full review on my blog

bububbles reviewed Mie Thai, Gymea

Takeaways, Thai, BYO, Food Delivery, Serves Dinner

Overall 7.2  13

Food  1      Value  1

Horrible Thai food. Would not order from them again. Pad Thai had a tomato base, not mentioned on the menu and there is no reason for this. Pad Kee Meo was noodles in soy sauce. Never again.

Mobile Review Mar 03, 2015

Chris T. reviewed Coco Cubano, Darlinghurst

Cafes, Cuban, Tapas, Vegetarian, Child Friendly Menus

Overall 5.8  14

Coffee  9      Ambience  9      Service  7

Great place for a morning coffee and to people watch. The vibe is chilled and the cuban paraphernalia adorning every corner adds to the place, also the staff were chatty and friendly. I always make it a point to get a mocha as they are so damn good however learnt today that they don't do dark chocolate mochas anymore and it has been discontinued in all stores. That's a shame as it may mean I have to head down to max brennar to get my fix from now on. Bring it back please.

Mobile Review Mar 03, 2015

mrs foodie reviewed Kirrakaze, Kirribilli

Restaurants, Japanese

Overall 6.1  10

We may have found them on a bad day. They seemed to be still prepping up in the kitchen at 11.45 am and were quite abrupt saying "yes, what you want!". Not very polite.We ordered kaarage salad and a yakitori udon. They were ok but very salty, I`ve been thirsty all afternoon. The sushi looked nice but we were put off by the older staff members who were a bit snappy. They young fellow who brought the udon was pleasant though. For a first impression it wasn't a great experience. I can see that locals would use it but as I am not from the area I won't be back.

DrWHughes reviewed Chinta Ria Mood For Love, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Malaysian, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch, American Express

Overall 7.6  19

Now this is something uniquely different. We all cannot stop raving!

Yee Sang (鱼生) is the traditional festival food for the New Year celebrated by Chinese living in Malaysia, although a Singaporean friend was adamant that it was the same there. It is thought to have its origin in Chaozhou and Shantou in China. It comprises a very colourful carefully designed “mountain” of colourful dried noodles, nuts, raw fish cut up sashimi style, pickled vegetables various sauces and dried chips. This is accompanied by various side dishes usually of the satay style. At the meal it is traditional for all guests to take their chop sticks and mix the ingredients by throwing them high into the air at the same time wishing well to the New Year. It is considered a symbol of abundance.

There are not many places that are prepared to serve this meal as it takes a good deal of preparation. However, I was able to persuade Flora of Chinta Ria (Mood for Love) on level 6 of the Westfield Centre, Pitt St, Sydney, to prepare this for 10 of us.

Now the result was amazing. This was the most spectacular form of this that we had all ever seen. (Photos attached). Usually most restaurants serve then a limited number of small accompanying dishes, not here. The young Malaysian chef (Ken Chong) was out to impress.

Then followed the most amazing banquet of 11 courses.

The first was a sour fish dish “en croute”, then some curry puffs. From hereon we had two different satays, then crab claws coated with caviar in a ginger broth, delectable scallops on a bed of different types of fruit, the special duck dish, followed by an amazing deep fried fish that was a work of art to see. Lastly there was a mild sweetener. There were other dishes but not enough space to describe here.

Flora and her staff are exceptional. If you come here, 1. Come early 2. Book. We saw many people being turned away during the night. The atmosphere is sophisticated but very informal.

To give this place ***** is really conservative. Our French guests said they had never seen such a meal of quality in their lives.

Yee Sang

anitele reviewed Big Mama's Trattoria, Woollahra

Restaurants, Italian, American Express

Overall 6.8  35

Ambience  1      Service  1

Sometimes the owners of the restaurant don't know what staff are doing when they are not around. Just wanted to write about our sad experience with this restaurant.

Our friends referred us to try food at Big Mama restaurant and we made a booking for 8:15pm on Saturday night. We came in 25 minutes early and just before us there was a couple who didn't make any booking. The waitress gave them a vacant table straight away and told us she doesn't have a table for us. She was quite rude to us and said that we would have to wait until 8:15. We were a bit shocked since there were few tables free and the other couple was seated without any booking. We made an effort to make a booking and do the right thing. We felt like we have been kicked out of the restaurant and we didn't come back for 8:15.

This incident spoiled our evening and never gave us a chance to try this restaurant. We emailed the restaurant about this incident, but nobody even responded to us.

Mobile Review Mar 02, 2015

SydneyguyRojoe reviewed Spice Room, The, Circular Quay

Restaurants, Indian, Restaurant Bookings

Overall 6.7  2

Was expecting more with the food but I like the ambience but not the crampness of the place.

SydneyguyRojoe reviewed East Village Hotel, Balmain East

Pubs

Overall 6.8  4

Food  6      Drinks  6      Ambience  7      Service  8      Value  7

Half price mussels on wed night but it took an hour for it to come out, thats too long.

Shez reviewed BAR100, The Rocks

Restaurants, Bars, Nightclubs, English, Italian

Overall 7.3  16

Food  9      Drinks  8      Ambience  8      Service  10      Value  10

Four of us visited Bar 100 last Saturday with a voucher and it's probably one of the best value ones I've had. The service was excellent - nothing was too much trouble and a small issue was easily smoothed over by the very helpful and friendly manager Che - he was brilliant, as was all the staff that dealt with us, particularly Holly, a very friendly English lady. Even though we were on a voucher, you would think we were VIP's, we were treated so well. Even my partner was impressed and nothing impresses him!

The food was brilliant too - generous serves and beautifully cooked. The steak we had was cooked to perfection and so tender and juicy; we've had more expensive scotch fillet steaks elsewhere that weren't nearly as good; as was the pork belly and calamari - always benchmark dishes for us wherever we go - both were generous and delicious. The only downside (for us oldies!) was the music that increased in volume after 10.00pm - they even turned that down for us. We will definitely be going back.

Restaurants, European, Japanese, Modern Australian, Family Dining

Overall 7.4  39

Acacia is our favorite restaurant in Gordon. Andre the chef and his wife Joanne run a very professional business. They are responsive to constructive criticism and having read some of the reviews they have certainly responded particularly with service. The food is a combination of traditional Japanese with a more modern theme in presenting the mains served on a plate probably best eaten with a knife and fork. I would rate the food as quality you might expect in a 5 star hotel with exquisite attention to detail and freshness. Considering the standard of food and that its BYO its also value for money.

kg52 reviewed SoCal, Neutral Bay

Restaurants, American - Californian, Good For Groups, Has Bar, Licensed

Overall 7.7  4

Great for casual weekend drinks, not so much for food. The music is pretty loud but not unexpectedly so. Could do with a larger range of ciders especially when it's really hot in the outdoor-ish area! Love the decor.

Cafes, Modern Australian

Overall 6.8  46

Wow what a nice place to have lunch surrounded by beautiful gardens & a nicely presented cafe. The food is outstanding lots of choices on the menu I had a smoked tea chicken salad & it was delightful. I definitely will be back to try the breakfast menu I do recommend it highly.

Mobile Review Mar 02, 2015

kg52 reviewed Grill'd, North Ryde

Restaurants, Burger, International, Family Dining, Child Friendly

Overall 8.7  4

The Morrocan Lamb burger is fantastic, as was one of the vegetarian ones. Unfortunately, the zucchini fries were very salty and quite limp. Layout of the restaurant is such that you feel like you have escaped from the shopping centre into a trendy little small bar (with good burgers).

kg52 reviewed Sizzler, Kogarah

Restaurants, Modern Australian

Overall 3.7  15

Maybe my memory isn't what it used to be but the salad bar I remember used to be much higher quality. It has been some time since I visited and I was really looking forward to a little indulgence, however, after waiting in a crowded queue for 30mins watching empty tables sit forlornly while waitstaff slowly took orders, it was quite disappointing to see that the quality of the food had declined. Not as fresh or as flavourful as it used to be. Thankfully, the cheese bread was still amazing but it's the only redeeming feature in a rather expensive outing - food would have been rated lower had it not been for the cheese bread.

kg52 reviewed Gourmet Pizza Kitchen, Chatswood

Restaurants, Pizza, Family Dining, Good For Groups, BYO

Overall 6.6  47

As part of the regular customer club it's hard to fault the good value! This is one of our regulars for family gatherings as the pizza is consistently good and the customer service is always reliable- we have been many times. When you first go there, it can be overwhelming to choose from the menu but I would highly recommend the New Orleans, Morrocan, Pattaya and Marrakech. With a pink lemonade.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next