Fresh User Reviews in Sydney

roszn reviewed Peppercorn Cafe, Mulgoa

Cafes, Modern Australian

Overall 7.2  36

Food  8      Coffee  9      Ambience  8      Service  5      Value  5

Food and waitress service is good - but 40 minutes wait for food on several occasions seems a bit rich. The kitchen seems to prepare table by table. When food finally arrives it's good, but the wait is too long for a Caesar Salad!

Restaurants, Italian, Restaurant Bookings

Overall 7.8  50

Very good restaurant for a neighbourhood restaurant. The food was generally of a very high standard, we tried the specials of the day and weren't disappointed. Service was friendly though a bit slow at times, however it was quite busy and there were only 2 wait staff in attendance. Really good value for the price, have paid much more for similar standard elsewhere. One tip: my husband was asked if he wanted coffee before or after dessert and he said after. It arrived before he was half-way through his dessert. This didn't trouble him, in fact he was happy with the timing, but I mention it because in my book, after dessert means just that: after you have finished. (something we debated all the way home!) Would definitely go again, so many good things left to try on the menu :)

Elli L. reviewed Savta, Bondi Junction

Cafes

Overall 6.9  17

Coffee  6      Ambience  9      Service  9      Value  6

The place is very nice with a friendly atmosphere and staff. Their hot chocolate was too sweet but they have a nice selection of teas, I took a fresh mint tea and it was lovely.
Their terrace is nice although you can't smoke.

tindy reviewed GTs Hotel Restaurant, Surry Hills

Restaurants, Thai, Good for Business Dining, Good For Groups, Hip and Trendy

Overall 8  3

Cheap and cheerful Thai food. Super quick service, fantastic pumpkin and chicken stir fry. Was pleasantly surprised!

musketeers reviewed Surry Gills, Surry Hills

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Serves Lunch

Overall 6  2

Not good service. Oily food. never going back.

MartDe reviewed Ribs & Burgers, Neutral Bay

Restaurants, American, Parking Station, Street Parking

Overall 6.2  29

Overpriced, Poor quality ingredients and slow. Pretty noisy too.

artforartssake reviewed Hurricane's Grill & Bar, Bondi Beach

Restaurants, Steak House, Has Bar, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 6.9  253

Booking

This must be one of the busiest restaurants in Bondi, so booking any night of the week is essential, especially on a weekend. We dined on a Sunday night and unfortunately, left our booking till the last minute so were only able to get a table for 8.30pm. Arriving about 30 min early we sat at the bar and whiled away the time drinking beer and snacking on calamari.

As one would expect from a restaurant that’s been this popular for so long, the food is fresh, tasty and prepared with the best quality ingredients. The fare is traditional steakhouse style with a few vegetarian and seafood choices thrown in, but its meat that’s the main staple here. Four of us dined, and for starters we shared a rocket and Parmigiano salad. It was neatly presented with loads of nutritious ingredients, but at $20, quite pricey. For our mains, we played it safe by going for the basic sirloin steaks, at $30 a pop, (that’s with the 10% Sundays and pub hol surcharge.) These steaks are described as being for the “not-so-hungry” and they fit that description perfectly. They’re pretty small and with a meagre helping of chips, so in terms of value for money, you could do better at the local pub. But my steak was well cooked just the way I like it and the chips were crisp and crunchy, the perfect accompaniment to the meat. We ended up with what was supposed to be a sticky date pud ($16), but it looked and tasted more like mousse. Overall though, no-one can quibble about the quality of the offerings, although servings are too small to make for a satisfying and filling meal. Why people queue up to eat here at those prices is a mystery to me.

As it’s always full, the ambience is busy, lively and energetic. Décor is fairly Spartan with plain furniture and concrete floors but as every square metre is filled with human bodies you’ll hardly notice that. There’s a bar counter at the entrance where you can buy a drink and nibbles while you wait for your table. The kitchen is glassed off on the far side but visible from inside the restaurant and the whole place is a blur of movement, action and activity! There’s outdoor seating too for those warm summer evenings.

Clearly, staff have been adequately trained to deal with the crowds, because they all do their jobs in a calm, professional and efficient manner. They’re neatly turned out in smart black uniforms and they also know the menu well, so they are easily able to field any questions about the food. Our table waiter was particularly friendly, helpful and patient. And there’s no long wait for the meals either. We didn’t even have a chance to finish the starter before the mains were on the table and all that within less than 15 minutes of ordering.

Fortunately we had our Ent Book card, which gives you a 25% discount up to $55 (that must be one of the most generous offers in the book). So, excluding drinks and a plate of calamari (which we purchased separately at the bar while waiting for our table), we paid $122 for the single salad, four mains including one veg platter and a dessert. Just remember to show your card at the bar counter if you order anything there before your meal. We forgot to, so we missed out on a $7 discount. Also bear in mind that the hated – and unnecessary – 10% surcharge is imposed on Sundays and pub hols, although you’d be hard pressed to find that in tiny print on the online menu.

Comfort

Despite the fact that the place is busy and the tables packed closely together, the noise absorbers on the walls work effectively to enable you to converse without too much problem. Toilets are well signposted and adequately supplied although no attempt is made to clean them during the evening so by about 9.30pm they’re in a pretty dirty state. The lighting is strong so it’s easy to read the clearly designed menu.

Location and Parking

This is another negative to prevent us from rushing back in a hurry. Parking is a nightmare at this location at the bottom of Roscoe Street, near the intersection with Campbell Parade. We eventually found a metered spot on Gould Street but had to pay for the privilege, even on a Sunday night.

Summary

A solid restaurant that runs like a well-oiled machine. However it’s too expensive without your Ent Book card and definitely to be avoided on a Sunday night or a pub hol unless you’re prepared to pay the surcharge. Probably best to come here on a weeknight anyway as Fri or Sat night would be too busy.

Memo

Book well in advance.

Laurel reviewed Winery, The, Surry Hills

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Tapas, Has Bar, Licensed

Overall 7.5  98

Whilst The Winery is very expensive both food and wine, the ambiance and service is fantastic and certainly makes up for it. We had Matt and Jess look after our group for the whole afternoon and we truly enjoyed ourselves. They are adding a caviar and champagne specialty area which sounds exciting. Will definitely return.

The Old Bugger reviewed Dining Room, The, The Rocks

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Fine Dining, Good for Brunch, Good for Business Dining

Overall 7.6  105

Been a few timess now and while the menu is not long there is always something worth the effort, as good a blue eye as I've had in a very long time. You're not going to beat that view either. Strong value for money for cooking as good as this. Wife loves it and I'm looking forwrad to coming back.

Foodlizard reviewed Splatt Cafe, Cronulla

Cafes, Comfort Food, Good For Groups, BYO, Serves Breakfast

Overall 9.4  3

Food  9      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

A hidden jewel. Walking into the café I loved the décor and relaxed atmosphere. Looking over the water to Cronulla beach. Food and coffee was excellent and the service superb. Reminded me of my favourite cafes Melbourne and Newtown. Excellent venue for private parties. My favourite in Cronulla.

Restaurants, Pizza, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch, Serves Takeaway

Overall 9.6  2

I only recently discovered this restaurant at Westfield North Rocks (as I seldom go to that level of the shopping mall). I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this restaurant is opened everyday throughout the day (ie. not closed in the afternoon). Great place for people who like to dine out for late lunch or early dinner. The layout of the restaurant is very spacious. We went there for the 1st time a couple of days ago for a light meal. We were greeted and served by a very friendly and efficient waitress. I especially love the Nutella Crepes dessert, it's very yummy (see attached photo). Rashay’s has a VIP membership system which costs $10 to join, at first I hesitated whether to join or not, then I realised that the VIP discounts that they offer could easily recoup the joining fee, so in the end I joined (we did not utilize the VIP discount during this visit as the discount is not applicable on the date of sign up, but will be available on my next visit. Also, I gave them a feedback on their website after the visit and they sent me a $10 voucher back as a token of appreciation, it's very generous of them. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Nutella filled crepes with fresh strawberries & va...

Have A Great Day reviewed Temasek, Parramatta

Restaurants, Malaysian, Vegetarian, Family Dining, BYO

Overall 5.9  224

I went there for dinner with family, we have been there a number of times before but this time was probably the best in terms of food and service. The dishes that I liked most were the Lemongrass King Prawns and Garlic Eggplants, really yummy! Friendly and efficient service. We finished our meal within one hour. Overall a very pleasant experience.

JohR reviewed Bossley Park General Store & Deli, Bossley Park

Delicatessens

Overall 7.8  1

Quality  8      Ambience  8      Service  8      Value  7

Great atmosphere and range of italian meats. Highly recommended.

JohR reviewed Abhi's, North Strathfield

Restaurants, Indian, BYO, Citibank Dining Program, Has Bar

Overall 7.1  186

Very tasty food and great service. We arrived just before closing but the service was top class. Would definitely recommend.

Kulfhi

hungryhippoo reviewed Ananas Bar & Brasserie, The Rocks

Restaurants, Bars, French, Mediterranean, Has Bar

Overall 7.8  21

Food  6      Drinks  7      Ambience  6      Service  8      Value  3

There seems to be new owners, new chef, new menu and new staff. Sadly the new menu is nothing special and they deleted all the amazing dishes from before! Entrees were ok. Mains were very disappointing - the hangar steak did not look appealing on the plate and was cooked dry and chewy, the beef cheeks were ok, mussels were salty and plain. The brioche, breads and wine was excellent. Snickers revolution still good. They ran out of good food month dessert on a wednesday. Service was overall good.

Restaurants, Indian, BYO, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 6.9  73

Compelled to write this review based on the superb delivery of service from these guys. I had a milestone birthday and from the get go I knew with absolute confidence that it was going to be spectacular because of these guys focus on customer experience. I gave Rasan from surjits restaurant a brief. I wanted a class affair, I wanted the guests to mingle, to have the best food, best presentation, and most of all have a truly memorable experience and of course not have to lift a finger myself! Rasan suggested a canapés style menu – jumbo tandoori prawns, shot glass themed pan puri, chat in scotch glasses, goat curry on rice in traditional Chinese bowls etc etc. I went with all his suggestions and in the end the best catered function I have ever hosted thanks to Rasan and his team. Thank you Rasan, your professionalism, your attention to detail, your focus on deliverables was impeccable. Use these guys with absolute confidence – Thanks Rasan you are a champion.

Davis0103 reviewed Aubergine, Dee Why Beach

Restaurants, European, Serves Breakfast, Serves Dinner, Serves Late Dining

Overall 5.4  26

Not a very nice experience for a night out. The food was very average and the serves not very filling, I actually still felt hungry even after the meal and I am not a big eater, the antipasto platter I could have done a better job myself, it was very poor and not very nice to eat at all. The mains not enjoyable very blah blah and not impressed, the restaurant was so bright, dimmed lights would have been better and the waitress looked like she had been dragged out of bed after a big night out, no wander it was empty on a sat night when all the other places were booked out. I won't be going back again.

dandyprat reviewed La Renaissance Patisserie, The Rocks

Cafes, Cake Shops and Patisseries, French, Family Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 7.5  81

I have been coming here for many years. It is one of my two favourite patisseries in Sydney, the other being C'est Bon in Rozelle. Quality ingredients turned into spectacular savoury and sweet pastries, desserts, macarons, slices and cakes. Lovely little courtyard where the rosellas come done and steal the packets of sugar. I try to get the table outside the kitchen so I can watch the amazing pastry chefs at work.

toby6969 reviewed Deniro's Restaurant Pizzeria, Fairfield Heights

Restaurants, Takeaways, Italian, Pizza, BYO

Overall 8.2  14

Very good pizza and pasta, could not fault and Iam fussy, would recommend as feel best in area.

dandyprat reviewed C'est Bon, Rozelle

Cafes, Cake Shops and Patisseries, European

Overall 7.8  2

This is one of my 2 favourite patisseries in Sydney, the other being Renaissance in The Rocks. Quality ingredients turned into spectacular savoury and sweet pastries and cakes. Great service, a pity I don't live closer, but I try to get here once a week even though it means travelling a distance.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next