Fresh User Reviews in Sydney

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 4926

Restaurants, European, Greek, Mediterranean, Vegetarian

Overall 8.2  169

My husband and I have visited this restaurant a number of times and have never been disappointed. The food is fantastic and staff are extremely friendly and create a pleasant atmosphere. Definitely worth trying. We will be back.

the waiter reviewed Kellys On King, Newtown

Bars, Irish

Overall 7.5  19

Drinks  9      Ambience  5      Service  9      Value  6

Good honest pub food but I would go there just for a meal though. Good people around, been there across a night and stopping in. Great crowds come in and go according to whats going on. Do question the karaoke downstairs though. Always brings in a crowd, even weekdays but its a totally different vibe upstairs.

Kids behind the bar are pretty cool, couple of locals and a couple of tourists. Some cool shots Kristy's invented back there. Place is open late so it gets busy round 12 when a lot closes. Its a bit expensive for what your buying but the place usually has a big crowd.

5 for ambience because I don't know if its supposed to look like a seedy Irish Bar or it just is one.

the waiter the waiter
'Browsing'

suec72 reviewed Little Reds Cafe, Como

Cafes, Gluten Free

Overall 4.6  4

Food  7      Coffee  1      Ambience  2      Service  1      Value  3

Given that this is the only cafe that is walking distance from my home, I am really disappointed about the service and the quality of the coffee. I've tasted better coffee from a vending machine. And they are always so grumpy and unwelcoming. This business really needs the support of the local community and I would suggest that you organise a better blend of coffee and a smile wouldn't hurt either.

suec72 reviewed Fratelli Del Mare, Cronulla

Restaurants, Italian

Overall 8.5  113

Really enjoyed the night. It was a rainy, quiet Tuesday so there wasn't a buzz of people around but the staff made up for it. The waiter even raced down the road after us when we left our credit card behind. Lovely food too. I'll be back!

suec72 reviewed Bay Road Providore, Gymea

Restaurants, Italian, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch, Cake

Overall 4.8  1

The coffee was fine but the service was worse than Fawlty Towers. The young girl on the till had no idea what she was doing... either she was given no training or she had such stage fright that she couldn't think at all. The queue was terrible, the girl took forever to take my order, had no idea what the cafe was selling and how much things were and one of the two drinks never arrived at my table. I would not recommend this place based on today.

Swordsman reviewed Meet Fresh, Eastwood

Cafes, Taiwanese

Overall 4.2  1

Food  3      Coffee  1      Ambience  7      Service  3      Value  7

I was here last night for takeaway, ordered two Supreme Mango Ice Crush. The product was good but the service wasn't excellent. Either they are too busy or the staff are just plain rude. They also don't have the big container where you usually receive the Supreme Mango. Lid wasn't closed properly and I had to remove the containers from the plastic bag to close them properly.

Restaurants, Takeaways, Indian, Family Dining, Good for Business Dining

Overall 9.3  2

Great and kind service, delicious food, good value for money. I live in Westmead and have Indian food at my finger tips, for the taste and value I am happy to head out a little further for the food at Masala Times.

FoodEnthusiast reviewed Little Thailand, Croydon Park

Restaurants, Thai, BYO, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch

Overall 6.8  20

Cheap and cheerful suburban Thai. The sauces taste great, the vegetables are crisp, the restaurant setting isn't too outrageous. Overall, it's a good place to come for some quick Thai food without expecting any glamorous restaurant decor. We had two huge mains, an entree, tea and a drink and we paid $48. I think that was sensational value because we were satisfied and left full. We've been here three times and we've never been disappointed.

Mobile Review Apr 21, 2014

serafoto reviewed Wagaya Tapas, Newtown

Restaurants, Tapas

Overall 6.7  10

Every dish we ordered was superb. So tasty & fresh. Staff were super friendly on greeting and exit. We definitely be going back there.

Mobile Review Apr 21, 2014

Bars

Overall 7.5  5

Drinks  9      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  9

We attended Easter Sunday lunch at the Water Grill restaurant and had a very pleasant meal and time. The newly renovated dining and drink area has magnificent views over Cronulla beach front and Bate Bay. After ordering meals for our group at the counter they were delivered to our table in ample time, especially when the place was very crowded with patrons celebrating the holiday. The food was excellent an service efficient with extra courteous staff to cater for the numbers present. All in all a pleasant day out.

ashtoncartwright reviewed HUX Bistro, Canley Vale

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 9.6  2

One of the most incredible meals I can remember having. Absolutely loved it.

Cafes, Bakeries, International, Vegetarian, Good for Brunch

Overall 6.6  7

Coffee  7      Ambience  7      Service  7

Coffee was pleasant and the North Bondi view fantastic.

Mobile Review Apr 20, 2014

TheHungryFoodtech reviewed Papi Chulo, Manly

Restaurants, American, Barbeque, Brazilian, Family Dining

Overall 6.6  6

The atmosphere and the decoration of this place amazed me beyond believe! Came here for lunch with my workmates. Was greeted with smile by the waiters, service was fast and attentive. The Food was great too. Ordered the meat platter and the burger. Would definitely come back to try more dishes!

blogRead the full review on my blog

Restaurants, Thai, Hip and Trendy, BYO, Serves Dinner

Overall 7.3  71

The Food here never fails me despite the long queue and the tight table setting. For me, the steamed dimsim for entree, the pork belly and any of their curries for mains and the fried sticky dough for dessert is a perfect meal here!

blogRead the full review on my blog

Restaurants, Cafes, Italian, Pizza, Good for Brunch

Overall 6.7  2

Food  9      Coffee  9      Ambience  9      Service  10      Value  8

I discovered this place by accident - we were only interested in getting a coffee but the staff were so nice and polite and attentive and the pizzas looked really good. I would recommend to anyone who is sick of places who have self-important 12-year old girls who act like they are doing you a favour by serving you and pizzas that make your stomach feel like lead. Well done to the guys who own and run the place.

cinemascope reviewed Casa Brasil, Petersham

Restaurants, Brazilian, Has Cafe, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 7.9  50

Service was incredible on a very busy Easter Saturday night for the all you can eat BBQ. Staff started bring you the food as soon as you sat at your table. There was never any waiting time for more food. It was no wonder that the restaurant was full whilst most other restaurants in the area were almost empty. Bookings are essential. For $35 per person this all you can eat has to be the best value Brazilian BBQ in Sydney. The food is excellent and the salt level is much less than you get at other similar outlets. We will definitely be back. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Well done.

LuvFood2000 reviewed Riley Street Cafe & Wine, Surry Hills

Cafes, Bars, Italian, Good Wine List, Has Bar

Overall 7.5  2

Food  9      Drinks  9      Ambience  6      Service  8      Value  9

I first noticed this place on my way to dinner at Baccomatto, and thought that I would have to give it a try. Gabrielle is a welcoming host, and is always happy to suggest something if you're unsure what to drink or eat. It's a cute place, with a couple of outdoor tables, some tables in front of the bar, and then some more tables in the hotel lobby. On a beautiful warm sunny day, you have to sit outside. They have some very interesting wines. I've had a couple of orange wines which were beautiful. The kitchen is tiny, which makes the quality of the food even that more impressive. The menu changes regularly, but you'll be sure to find some cheese or cured meats that you'll like. The salads are seasonal and simple yet delicious as well. Sometimes I'll come here for a drink and a nibble before heading next door to Baccomatto for dinner, but I've also spent the evening here for drinks and dinner. I suggest trying both. :)

kevdude reviewed Flying Fajita Sistas, Glebe

Restaurants, Mexican / Latin American, BYO, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 6.9  195

Enchiladas are supposed to have sauce. Ordered the chicken enchilada; as a Californian-born expat, and having been exposed to a variety of auténtica comida Mexicana, I was very disappointed. The mole sauce I ordered was barely visible; there was far too much chicken; the layering of cheese was thinner than paper. A big part of the enchilada experience is the sauce. If it isn't there, the enchilada basically becomes a burrito, only that a burrito has more life to it.

To top it off, I made a reservation on the Saturday before Easter. Because of this holiday weekend, there is a $5 surcharge per head. Of course this is an Aussie thing - to add a surcharge to the meal just because it is a holiday - but it would have been kind for the owner to let me know this when I made the reservation on the phone. I also had to request the water bottle to be filled many times, though it was not yet busy.

I expect more from Mexican restaurants. Something is very much missing at this place. No tip, sorry guys, you just didn't cut it.

LuvFood2000 reviewed Baccomatto Osteria, Surry Hills

Restaurants, Italian, Restaurant Bookings

Overall 8  11

This place feels like you're heading over to a friend's house for dinner. The owner and wait staff make you feel right at home. We've been here many times now, and it's one of our favourites for Italian food. There are daily specials, and the menu is seasonal as well. The wine list is great, and the prices are reasonable too. They've done a lovely job with the space, with a long counter in the middle, surrounded by tables all around.

The always have a lovely selection of antipasti to choose from, with some interesting cheeses (think baked provolone with honey) and meats (like lamb prosciutto). The pastas are made fresh by hand, and they are delicious. When in doubt, ask your friendly wait staff as they will make sure to steer you in the right direction. I was torn between 2 pastas, and he did not disappoint. This time I had the lasagna special. I rarely order lasagna out at restaurants, but this one was amazing. It's good value for money too. I will definitely be back. :) Oh, and if you get there early, head next door to Riley street bar & cafe for an aperitif. The 2 businesses work closely together.

mattymoo reviewed Monopole, Potts Point

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Has Bar, Licensed, One Good Food Hat

Overall 7.9  6

Ambience  4      Service  1      Value  2

Ok, So the venue is "trendy". I asked the waiter for their recommendation on what cocktail to have as I had heard great things and wanted to see if they had a "signature" cocktail. This was met with a roll of the eyes. The attitude didn't stop there. I asked where the bathroom was and the same male waiter said "it's down there... You can find it yourself". I have never been treated so badly by a venue and I've been in the industry for 30 years. I will never return and strongly recommend you don't either.

Mobile Review Apr 20, 2014