Fresh User Reviews in Sydney

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 4681

MCMLVI reviewed Via Alta, North Willoughby

Restaurants, Italian

Overall 8.8  4

Finally! A truly great Italian restaurant on Sydney's north shore. It's exactly what I want, great food and great service. Highly recommended... and get in early they seem to be booked out most nights.

Mobile Review Jul 23, 2014

Mikehenderson777 reviewed Liu Rose, Concord

Restaurants, Chinese

Overall 5.8  52

This restaurant is a family favourite of mine. We come here at least once a month and regularly order take away. The food is always amazing and consistent. The staff are really friendly and the service is great. Highly recommended.

Nathan L. reviewed WAQU, Crows Nest

Restaurants, Japanese, Modern Australian, Fine Dining, Hip and Trendy

Overall 8  324

Great food. Will definitely go back when we're in Crow's Nest! Love their Wagyu Beef main and how they're able to style their dishes. Great atmosphere and service.

Nathan L. reviewed Temasek, Parramatta

Restaurants, Malaysian, Vegetarian, Family Dining, BYO

Overall 5.9  221

Been to Temasek many many times over the years, service and atmosphere hasn't changed at all. Always busy with customers whenever we come. (both lunch and dinner)

Food wise, has always been to a great standard, especially the hainanese chicken. Love it always, if not the best I've had since Singapore. Many people might disagree, however, it is definitely my personal opinion.

Service could be improved, however it is there. As for value, depending what you're getting, it's definitely worth your $$$$. If you want a decent meal for a decent price, come here. If not, there are a few Malaysian places in China town you can try.

Espressocritic reviewed West St Kitchen, North Sydney

Restaurants, Chinese, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Overall 8.5  1

Great value take out.

Roy B. reviewed Bistro Calavia, Camden

Restaurants, Cafes, French, Italian, Modern Australian

Overall 6.2  17

Great food, good service, excellent menu. Our new favourite place to eat.
We will recommend Bistro Calavia to all our friends.

Suzanne M. reviewed Vaucluse House Tearooms, Vaucluse

Restaurants, English, Serves Breakfast

Overall 5.5  38

I arranged High tea with 2 girlfriends and we had a wonderful morning catching up in one of my favorite Sydney locations Vaucluse House. The service was warm and welcoming and the High tea was delicious. We left this little piece of history promising to return soon. Thank you for meeting our expectation, it was really lovely.

Miq H. reviewed Spanish Fly, The, Randwick

Restaurants, Tapas, Has Bar, Licensed

Overall 7.3  75

A rip off! I was there on Saturday 19 July for dinner. The waiter was rude and he was cutting me while I was talking, he was rushing around, he forgot our order and came back and asked me after 20 minutes! If we ordered! I complained to the Manager about his behaviour and she didn't pay attention because she was rushing around too! The worst dinner experience I have had in a very long time!

revheadrev reviewed Cafe Vostro, Menai

Cafes, Family Dining, Child Friendly, Outdoor Dining, Free WiFi

Overall 5.7  14

Food  9      Coffee  8      Ambience  8      Service  9      Value  10

I'm probably biased because I end up here most every day - but I reckon Vostro is the pick of the cafes in this area. Make sure you wait to be seated by staff when you turn up so they know you've just arrived - the place is so busy mostly that if you just sit down, they won't know you're new. Coffee is pretty good; service is excellent and doesn't take long for you food to come out - when it's crazy busy it takes longer, but you'd expect that. Staff are great - friendly and always up for a chat.

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, Family Dining, Air Conditioning

Overall 7.6  76

Fantastic Pizzas. Quality ingredients and a light, crisp, thin base make it great.
Lovely salad to start too. Saturday night in winter was extremely busy... we waited a short while. Tables turn over frequently. Service pleasant and attentive especially as it was so busy. Not pretentious, but good food. Gelato delicious, as was flourless choc cake.

Cafes, Belgian, Restaurant Bookings

Overall 8.3  1

I've been here about 5 times now - always come on Wednesdays and take advantage of their $20 kilo pot of mussels (plus chips with aioli)! It's really good value and you get a lot of mussels (not just empty shells). There are 5 sauces/styles to choose from - I would recommend the poulette.

Suits large groups as well, as they have a lot of tables and quite a number of big tables.

blogRead the full review on my blog

klr1983 reviewed Bay Road Providore, Gymea

Restaurants, Italian, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch, Cake

Overall 3.9  2

Wow! I have been here to Bay Road Providore twice now. The first time, during school holidays, where the restaurateur said he only had his young daughter in so it will be slower rather than normal, but it will be worth it. It was slow. But my sandwich was nice.

I return, after school holidays, and it was even slower. “We don’t have that”, was said to everything we pointed to on the menu. After finding a sandwich to eat that didn’t have the response, “We don’t have that,” we sat down. Twenty minutess later (no other customers) our sandwiches come out with missing ingredients. Can only imagine they didn’t have that! The restaurateur barks orders to his staff (even daughter) which makes the atmosphere uneasy. I will not be returning.

deemarie reviewed Bar Angolo Pizzeria, Ryde

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, BYO, Citibank Dining Program

Overall 6.3  40

Bar Angolo Pizzeria wasn't awful but wasn't great. The antipasto platter was just an overfilled board of meat. You had to pay extra for bread or anything on the side to have with it. The pizza was small and most of it was just crust. I don't think we would go here again.

Mobile Review Jul 23, 2014

Glutenfreefoodie reviewed Driftwood Cafe, Terrey Hills

Cafes, Modern Australian, BYO, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 9  5

Food  9      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  9      Value  9

We visited Driftwood Cafe last weekend. It's a beautiful spot even on a cold winters day. They have warm friendly staff and setting. We thoroughly enjoyed our brunch. The food was delicious with huge servings and great value. They have great coffee. I'll definitely be going back :)

BrianScevity reviewed Kingston & Co, Eastgardens

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 6.3  2

We went to Kingston and Co in Eastgardens after hearing from friends about a great meal they had in the Chatswood restaurant and wasn't disappointed. We went on a Thursday night after doing some shopping and had a fantastic meal. Prawns on Toast were delicious with a beautiful lemon/buttery sauce and confit garlic. The wife had haloumi with figs in a balsamic glaze that she wouldn't even let me touch so I can only assume they were good.

Mains were a beef brisket that was so tender I didn't even need the steak knife I was given. The Hollandaise was to die for. The "better" half had some sticky pork ribs that fell off the bone (thankfully I was allowed to try these).
We would have loved to try desserts but had no room left so we will be back to try the banoffee and the waffle one day soon!!

The service was attentive but not too over-the-top. The restaurant was a little bit cold but it is winter after all.

Zen W. reviewed Coogee Bite, Coogee

Cafes, Modern Australian

Overall 6.4  16

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

Love coming to Coogee Bite. The coffee was always amazing and the salads really good. The staff were always willing to accommodate my requests.

iam5965 reviewed In The Mood For Thai, Parramatta

Restaurants, Thai, Fine Dining, Good For Groups, BYO

Overall 6.9  31

In The Mood For Thai has delicious food and good quantities too! Service was fine. My family really enjoyed it. The ambiance worked well!

Eve & Mel reviewed Parlour Lane Roasters, Sydney CBD

Cafes

Overall 6.9  3

Went to Parlour Lane Roasters last night for a few drinks after work and a couple of bar snacks. It has a lovely atmosphere. I had great service from Lloyd who made our night fun and made us feel like we were regulars. I was very well looked after.

Dean Armstrong reviewed Jet Bar Caffe, Sydney CBD

Cafes, Italian, Serves Breakfast, Serves Dinner, Serves Late Dining

Overall 5.8  14

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  9      Service  10      Value  9

Jet Bar Caffe is a fantastic cafe in the heart of the city. The food is fresh and not just 'standard' cafe quality. The vibe of being right in the thick of the city is great and the friendly staff give it quite a homely feel to which is sorely lacking in city cafes. Oh and those in-house muffins they have....wow. Overall, Jet is one of the coolest cafes in Sydney and I would recommend it to everybody.

tmcm reviewed Via Alta, North Willoughby

Restaurants, Italian

Overall 8.8  4

Tonight we had the absolute worst meal of all time at Via Alta. The food was positively awful, totally tasteless. All four I our party agreed it was the worst meal and we did let the staff know. Must say, the staff are helpful, friendly and attentive. We has all so looked forward to our meal at Via Alta but we will not return nor recommend the restaurant to anyone.

Jul 22, 2014