Fresh User Reviews in Sydney

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 4292

Pearla23 reviewed Base 'N' Burger, Forestville

Restaurants, Burger, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Overall 5.7  3

This bar far has too be the best pizza place around! The best pizza we've found so far on the Northern Beaches and shamefully we know our stuff when it comes to fast food. Used to love Mimos but now can't go past this place when it's Pizza night. Best topping to base ratio out :)

munchmonster reviewed Tio's Cerveceria, Surry Hills

Pubs

Overall 8.2  4

Food  6      Drinks  8      Ambience  7      Service  5      Value  6

A great place to chill out for a beer with friends and grab some tacos. I love the beers with the salted rims, free popcorn, and fresh juices cocktails. Come early to avoid the Lines on the weekends. Dislike the service as the bar tender kinda got pissed when we ordered an extra drink after we finished ordering our first drinks. Come on guys you work in hospitality. Deal with it. What happen to good service these days. He continued to make smart arse comments to he's co worker as he was making us our extra drink. Overall a decent place for a drink, just don't order a extra drink for your mate if they arrive last minute and you try to add it to the order.

munchmonster reviewed Yeeros Shop, Marrickville

Restaurants, Greek

Overall 5.4  30

Was very surprise at the negative reviews on this shop. Don't get me wrong it's not the best I've ever had but not that bad either. The shop looks like your typical kebab no frills shop where you just grab a meal late a night after a big night out. I came during lunch which wasn't too busy but I found the service pretty average and slow. Presentation of the food isn't the best and the chips look a bit off but to my surprise the chips tasted great and the Yeeros was delicious. The chips came in a paper bag with grease paper like the old school take away shops. Trust me on this, it tasted better than it looked. The Yeeros was average I guess but it fills you up so I won't really complain if it was 1am in the morning after a big night out.

munchmonster reviewed Papaya Grill Lao Restaurant, Marrickville

Restaurants, Laotian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 6.7  6

Was in the area and notice this new restaurant open recently and decided to give it a go. I've eaten heaps of Thai/Lao food over the years and was happy to see a authentic Lao restaurant only. When we arrived the place was busy but luckily we only had a 10 minute wait.

Once seated the service was prompt and looking at prices, I was surprise at how cheap it was compared to other restaurants I've been to. With $5 beers and a big selection on the menu I was very satisfied.

I recommend having the quails to start and then go straight for the grill meats. Lao sausage is a must and chicken as well and if your really game the ox tongue is one of the better ones I've had. Some papaya salad to refresh the palate and sticky rice to fill the stomach.

Service was great but I did find that the noise level was a bit high when it was a full house but when speaking to the waiter he advise me that they were in the process of rectifying the problem. I also notice they have lunch specials now at $10 a pop which in my opinion is a bargain for rice, meat, salad and a drink. So I have to come back to try that when I'm in the area. Overall a great place for a night out.

munchmonster reviewed Double Roasters, Marrickville

Cafes, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch

Overall 7.6  21

Food  8      Coffee  9      Ambience  8      Service  8      Value  8

A really great cafe in marrickville. I usually come here in a Sunday when I'm hung over to grab a feed and coffee. It has great consistency and you won't be disappointed with the food. I recommend the baked eggs or chicken sandwich and a coffee and if your like me, I also like to finish off with a refreshing iced mint ginger tea.

munchmonster reviewed Fat Panda, Canley Heights

Restaurants, Japanese, Licensed, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch

Overall 7.2  18

Being the only Japanese sushi restaurant in the area, I didn't realise how good this restaurant until I've eaten at other places. Grab a seat at the sushi train and grab a few sushi to start and order up on the menu. I recommend the spicy rock n roll, salmon belly torch, soft shell crab hand rolls and anything on the special menu to be honest. A great place for dinner, and if your like me order some edamame and beer (inedit) and enjoy the chefs prepare the sushi. If they have dessert I do recommend you save some room for it as you might be surprise at how delicious it can be.

munchmonster reviewed Bau Truong, Canley Heights

Restaurants, Vietnamese

Overall 7.2  29

I've been going to this restaurant for years. And from memory it has gone through 3 renovations since. It's use to look like any other vietnamese restaurant in its days but has recently has a trendy overhaul to keep up with times. Good has been consistent over the years but due to inflation or maybe I'm just getting bigger, I found the price has gone up but unfortunately the portions has shrunk a bit. Overall great food and quick service. If you come in a group try the beef petal leaf with rice paper rolls or fish sour soup or if your just ordering individual meals try the combination rice noodle stir fry.

Restaurants, Laotian, Thai, Family Dining, Good for Brunch

Overall 7.3  51

With many Laos and thai restaurants in the area, green peppercorn is one that stood out from the rest. Why? Because of their fried ice cream. A bit expensive for what it is but well worth it. Personally I don't believe it's the best Thai/Lao food you can get in the area but still decent enough for a great night out. Well just come for the fruit shakes and dessert and you will be happily satisfied.

munchmonster reviewed Chi and Co., Canley Heights

Restaurants, Asian, Has Bar, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 8  20

As a local born and raised in canley heights it was nice to see the area grow and see places like Chi Chi open. The decor is nice and trendy and is a great place to take a (out of the area) friend to try fancy vietnamese food for the first time. The price is a bit expensive for the area and portions a bit small but overall a great place to take someone on a date.

Restaurants, Thai

Overall 8.3  23

Great little eatery down in fairfield heights next to the likes of Tommy Kebabs. I've been here a few times but mostly to get take out. Overall a good decent meal for the price.

Alaena reviewed Arcadia Liquors, Sydney CBD

Bars

Overall 7  1

Drinks  7      Ambience  8      Service  7      Value  6

Love the vibe here, relaxed yet funky, the menu is limited but its good food, drinks are good and good value, service is adequate.

Alaena reviewed Railz On Regent, Redfern

Pubs

Overall 6.8  2

Food  7      Drinks  7      Ambience  6      Service  6      Value  7

Good pub food, good value drinks, decent atmosphere upstairs.

Yoyoyo reviewed Cornersmith, Marrickville

Cafes, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch, Gluten Free

Overall 8.2  39

Food  8      Coffee  7      Ambience  7      Service  8      Value  7

Really like this place - they have real food that is balanced well as a whole dish. As in, they balance the meal with their house-made pickles rather than just different components on a plate. I had eggs, real bread, a kale, chickpea, beetroot salad and it was fantastic! I'll definitely be back - the fitout and service is cute and love the provenance of the produce being displayed.

lsm reviewed Cucina Galileo, Bossley Park

Restaurants, Italian

Overall 7.5  3

Had lunch on Thu 30 October. Excellent service by Anna. Had seafood marinara and fish of the day. Presentation was excellent and the food excellent. Crepes, coffee and avagato all very good with presentation excellent. Were made very welcome by Anna. Keen up the good work.

DanielleR reviewed Vamps Bistro Bar à Vin, Paddington

Restaurants, French, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good for Business Dining

Overall 8  72

What a pleasure to revist Vamps the other night, after its re-Vamp! I love the new contemporary French look- light and bright, still appropriately formal with white cloth napkins but with a comfortable casual feel. So lovely to see handwritten menus and that the end of the meal still delivers a sweet treat (I won't spoil the surprise!). Great menu though I can't help but order the escargot (surely some of the best in East Sydney) and the seafood crepes with a side of crispy frites ;-) When our bottle of red ran out, a suitable glass of French red was served without a problem. Not big on desserts, we enjoyed the cheese platter. Well priced, friendly and efficient service, easy to make a reservation (we did by telephone) & nice to walk through the Paddington Fiveways to get back to the car.

our favourite, the escargot

chilloutmoreno reviewed El Bulli, Randwick

Restaurants, Spanish, Has Bar, Serves Breakfast, Serves Dinner

Overall 6.2  54

I have never ever experienced such bad manner from any restaurant / eatery before until I came across El Bulli. The manager treats customer like someone who owe her money, rude, offensive, even forceful at times. A person can't even talk/treat people with basic manner, let alone provide service to diners. Worst restaurant I ever experienced in Sydney hands down.

Alex M. reviewed Jones The Grocer, Sydney CBD

Cafes, Fine Food Stores, International, Modern Australian, Serves Breakfast

Overall 7  5

Quality  3      Food  3      Coffee  1      Ambience  1

Pretentious and overpriced. The food lacks taste, aroma and texture and the presentation is mediocre. Macdonald's is better value.

Alex M. Alex M.
'politically incorrect (I cannot lie)'

Restaurants, Turkish, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Overall 6  19

Unlike food court Kebabs, Mengen offers a more traditional shish cooked over coals and made fresh to order, served with some of the best tabouli I have had. Worth a visit.

oreon268 reviewed Al Barakeh Chacoal Chicken, Liverpool

Restaurants, Lebanese

Overall 6.8  16

This place is close to home so I go here when I can't be bothered driving to Bankstown or Granville. Food is good especially chips. Chicken is a bit dry compared to other charcoal chicken and lebanese restaurants. Way overpriced. Their mixed platter + fattoush =$30. They are pretty stingy and their meals/mix plates don't come with tabouli, fattoush or chips and they ask if you to want to " add it to the side" ? Which is small but expensive. Their garlic sauce isn't even enough for a baby! I'll upload a photo soon to prove. What do you think differentiates lebanese to other places? Not the bread, chicken, but the garlic sauce! Rip off. Wouldn't recommend unless you are local and want to pay $$$$ for average takeaway food. If you go to Eljannahs or Awafi you pay half the price and get lots of everything. Jasmin 1 Bankstown's mixed plate is $18: a heap of lebanese bread, half a plate of meat, baba ghanoush, hommus, falafel, fattoush/tabbouli and a large amount of garlic sauce. Don't think we don't know Al barakeh. 4/10

Brian W. reviewed Nelson Road Tuckshop, Bondi Junction

Cafes, Modern Australian

Overall 7.8  2

Food  9      Coffee  7      Ambience  7      Service  9      Value  7

The only reason this place didn't win Timeout's cafe of the year is because they don't have the elaborate brew bar which the winner has. The food is innovative, interesting, and bloody tasty. The breakfast menu is far from the typical eggs benedict, poached egg and other cafe mainstays. Instead they doing things like savory ale porridge and a green breakfast salad with a broken falafel oozing with hollandaise sauce reminiscent of Quays Snow Egg! To top it off they bake an amazing collection of traditional australian baked goods with a healthy twist, like lammingtons and iced vovos. Go there asap!

Oct 29, 2014