Fresh User Reviews in Sydney

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 4649

Restaurants, Italian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 8.5  13

Wild Heart's Cafe, Bar & Restaurant is a fantastic cafe and restaurant to dine at. Rocco the host is a delight and makes you feel at home. The atmosphere is great and absolutely friendly, service is top notch and the food is amazing. Highly recommend to all!

Restaurants, Portuguese, BYO, Licensed, Outdoor Dining

Overall 6.4  56

Wow, absolutely loved Gloria's Portuguese Restaurant. The tapas menu was the best. They were very original in most of their tapas, like the red bean stew, broad beans and chorizo and white bean stew with tripe. And let's not forget the sangria. Wow

arianna reviewed Bar Angolo Pizzeria, Ryde

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, BYO, Citibank Dining Program

Overall 6.4  41

Oday I went at Bar Angolo and tried the special of the day. It was really tasty, fresh and plentiful. I was really satisfied. I recommend everyone to try their top quality food. I was also impressed by the staff, very friendly and careful!

MsBekOR reviewed Yakoo, Engadine

Restaurants, Thai, Ample or Convenient Parking

Overall 8.9  2

If not the best restaurant in Engadine, Yakoo's definitely the best Thai restaurant. Food is great, the place is noisy when busy. So don't go if you want a quiet romantic dinner.

andyq reviewed Mancora Peruvian Cuisine, Marrickville

Restaurants, Peruvian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 4.9  7

Ah, Mancora, what to say about you? The food really was tasty. It was a modern twist on Peruvian food. It was a humble cuisine with meat and vegetables but the presentation was modern, lovely, and the flavours strong. Our yucca chips were amazing. It was the version of a seafood paella. It was very tasty and the lamb ribs fat and succulent. It was a bit pricey for the style of cuisine and the neighbourhood. I liked the setting and decor.

But the service. Oh dear! It felt that it was the waitress' first night perhaps. While the host seemed to be hiding out in the kitchen helping the chef and trying to figure out how they would serve a full restaurant on a Friday night. The food was terribly slow to arrive. How do you fix a problem like Mancora? If I knew we could go back and be served promptly, I'd definitely try it again.

andyq reviewed Cafe Paci, Darlinghurst

Restaurants, European, Has Bar, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 8.3  5

I’ve found a new favourite restaurant in Sydney and it’s name is Cafe Paci. Why I’m thrilled by this restaurant: each course was inventive, surprising, delicious, and didn’t really taste like anything else I’ve had before. It reminded me of some of the culinary highlights of my last year’s Scandinavian trip. The food was rich and dairy products were used. There was a focus on just a few ideas done well in each dish: corn, goat, and carrot. It made me think about the individual ingredients used. And it was ridiculously of good value. I felt it as a much higher-priced point than that. You could read more about my review in my blog.

blogRead the full review on my blog

Pubs, Bottle Shops, Bistro/Brasserie, Has Bar, Licensed

Overall 5.7  40

Quality  7      Food  7      Drinks  7      Ambience  5      Service  9      Value  7

I'm surprised at the number of bad reviews I see for Sawmillers Restaurant @ Quakers Inn. I don't know what people expect from a Bistro in a club but for my money this one's pretty good. We came on a Friday night without a booking and the staff greeted us and quickly found us a table (there were only two of us). The place was pumping and operating like a well-oiled machine. Even though it was crowded, I found the service was exceptional. The wait staff were efficient, friendly, helpful and thoughtful. It was great being able to look in the kitchen and watch the chefs at work. There's a large board menu but you could see that everything was cooked fresh and I found the quality of the food to be above the average bistro.

My advice is to watch the queue at the counter. It comes in waves. You can find yourself at the back of a long queue but if you wait five minutes, the queue disappears. Also, if you have more than two in your party you really should book.

As for the ambiance, it was loud (it was Friday) so not a romantic dinner location. In regard to value, I get the impression there are lot of deals, shopper dockets, seniors prices, etc out there, so most people are not paying the price on the board. I noticed many people appeared to have vouchers of one sort or another (maybe linked to the gambling side of the business). Anyway, beware the portion sizes. They are very generous.

Lorenzo M. reviewed Via Napoli, Hunters Hill

Restaurants, Italian

Overall 7.2  2

I was expecting more, too . As a local, I drive past the queues most nights and can't believe people are falling for the hype created about what was a very expensive, noisy & ordinary pizza joint. If you like crowds, enjoy noise and bad Italian accents then Via Napoli is for you. The waiters push hard to try and upsell you everything. It was like being at an Italian maccas. I can see why the place was always generally full of kids. They weren't that discerning and probably were amused by the heavy Italian accents. The seating was atrocious. Most nights you end up thinking others have joined your table--it was that close. Just a horrible experience. It will be interesting to see if it lasts as most people I have spoken to also say they would never go back.

Eric C. reviewed Biviano's Restaurant, Dural

Restaurants, Italian, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Fine Dining

Overall 4.5  13

Biviano's Restaurant's staff are always pleasant and try their best. I never had a bad meal here! I did have new staff problems when they moved! I went to a function with a couple of hundred people. They performed as well as the best function centres in town! I would sincerely recommend!

Mobile Review Jul 29, 2014

kitkatv reviewed Green Bean Espresso, Sydney CBD

Cafes

Overall 6.6  7

Food  9      Coffee  10      Ambience  9      Service  10      Value  9

Green Bean Espresso was great cafe restaurant. The food was good as so the value. They recently changed management. The service and staff were friendly. The environment was nice & fresh air as there are more green plants creating a clean environment. My workplace is nearby, so I choose to go here everyday. I recommend you should try here!

kololee reviewed A & H Dao Restaurant, Burwood

Restaurants, Vietnamese

Overall 6.9  10

A & H Dao Restaurant has excellent Vietnamese and Chinese cuisine which is priced well for Burwood. The tomato pork chop rice and phos were well received by our group. We didn't try the spring rolls but probably next time. The service in delivering the dishes was prompt. They were probably a bit too fast to ask us what we wanted (probably for efficiency purposes). As per previous reviews, the ambiance is sorely lacking (e.g. you have to barge through the kitchen to get to the dingy toilet). Otherwise, it was very good.

kololee reviewed Ipoh on York, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Malaysian

Overall 7.1  6

Ipoh on York is quick, good Malaysian food. We had stir fry noodles and hainan chicken rice and drinks. It is very popular. However, there may be communication problems when ordering in peak times, as staff are sometimes not highly proficient in English and you need to speak up to ensure that the right food is delivered.

lulutooz reviewed Dirty Dogs Hotdogs, Newtown

Restaurants, Fast Food, American, Hot Dogs, Serves Takeaway

Overall 1.7  2

Food  1

I agree with the ad above. So sad for the people who own it but....uneatable. Threw mine straight in the bin.

timmkins reviewed Hartsyard, Newtown

Restaurants, American, Licensed, Serves Dinner, Serves Late Dining

Overall 7.3  26

We were extremely disappointed. They are overpriced given the mediocre food and ridiculously small portions to share. We were forced on to the set menu at $75 per person because we had seven people. Having read all the stunning reviews, we thought this would be a treat (even though we would have preferred separate dishes given we all had different taste preferences). Boy were we wrong.

The first five or so courses were mainly veggie dishes with some sort of experimental fusion with clashing flavours. On one of the courses, we got two caramelised carrots to share between seven people. Basically we paid $10 pp to share two carrots. I can get a bag of carrots at Woolworths for $1.50. We were all extremely frustrated at this point which ruined the experience with the better courses coming out at the end. The pork belly was pretty good and the dessert was presented well (even though it tasted like any other ice cream in the end).

To be honest, if we weren't forced into the set menu (and we did ask to order separately) the experience may have been better. The set menu was simply not worth $75 given the quality you can get at other restaurants for that price point. The wait staff were friendly. The ambiance was great. Despite all that, we walked out feeling jipped and dissatisfied.

Share between 7 Shared between 7

Steven S. reviewed Outback Jacks, Ryde

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 5.4  2

I came here at Outback Jacks on Saturday for lunch. The staff were quick to find us a window seat & were very helpful throughout the dining experience without being overly pushy. That was a big plus. The decor was living up to the name, faux crocodile leather seats & a big upside model on the roof were corny but interesting features.

We ordered bruschetta for entree & that was really good! Nice touch with the drizzle of balsamic vinegar. We also ordered the raspberry lime bitters which was different but nice. We were at this stage really pleased. Then the mains came out. My partner had the chicken which for $30 left her (not a huge eater) hungry afterwards. I had the ribs which had more meat than what even ribs should. It was very dry to the point of having no texture other than crunch. The mains completely ruined the experience. Given the price paid, I wouldn't rush here again.

Ribs

Michael C. reviewed Firehouse Grill, Mortdale

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Steak House, Family Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 8.2  16

We've been to Firehouse Grill twice in the past few weeks. Yep... It's that good! The steak is beautifully cooked and all the meals are well priced. It's a family friendly restaurant that gives paper and coloured pencils to keep the kids happy until the yummy chips arrive. In fact, the chips taste a lot like Smiths Chips which is a good thing for our "gobbledock" kids! The only negative is that it can be quite chilly sitting near the door in winter as staff and customers come in and out. We learnt that on the first night and made sure to book ahead and request a seat away from the door on our next visit.

Kakashi reviewed Sura by Ku, Woollahra

Restaurants, Asian Fusion, Good For Groups, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 8.5  1

This place is new but I've been following this chef and love the food he creates! There aren't many Asian restaurants in the area and this restaurant is the best addition we could have. My favourite dishes have to be the small plates and definitely 'spicy gochujang pork belly taco' which I get every time! The sides are surprisingly good, especially the bok choy salad which is so fresh and crispy it compliments many of the dishes. I'm also liking the new list of Asian alcohol and sake. I've become a regular and will be back again!

Julian149 reviewed Bar Pizza, Gladesville

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, BYO, Licensed

Overall 8.6  22

Back at Bar Pizza again--been here a couple of times since my first visit and review in Aug 2013. They still have fantastic food and great service. We had a family dinner and had heaps of food. It was all absolutely wonderful. The staff were excellent, friendly, and attentive without being overbearing.

They had one small slip up--one item was mistaken and the wrong item made. The staff recovered well and we brushed it off. I often think that the way places recover from mistakes is a good mark of the level of service (mistakes do happen and this was the only time in a few visits--each one with a largish group). We will most certainly be back.

Highlights of the menu are: Lamb gnocchi, stuffed olives
Play down of the menu: None

Review in Aug 2013
Wow! First time here tonight. We were a group of six for a small family celebration. Popular place - we couldn't initially get a booking (which we had left to pretty late, so our problem not the restaurant's), but all aspects of the experience were excellent - fabulous food, excellent service and a terrific atmosphere. Will definitely be back.

Cafes, Greek, Good for Brunch, Serves Breakfast

Overall 8.6  1

Food  9      Coffee  9      Ambience  7      Service  9      Value  9

Coffee Drop Cafe Espresso Bar has really nice lunch and coffee that was cheaply-priced. The service was efficient. I will come again.

miffy7 reviewed Hartsyard, Newtown

Restaurants, American, Licensed, Serves Dinner, Serves Late Dining

Overall 7.3  26

As I'm writing this review, I'm still full from dinner and need to run off the hearty food we had. Even at a early seating on a Sunday night the Hartsyard was busy which made it difficult to talk with the high noise level.

Service from staff were friendly and helpful. They even allow you to taste the wines before ordering a bottle which is what most restaurants should do!
We tried their oyster Po- boy, broad beans, short-rib, fried chicken and pulled pork. Highlight being the short rib and the fried chicken.

We were so full but we had to try their famous soft serve and this week was the donut which was interesting on the plate but didn't taste as good as it looked. I'll be back again and hopefully have room for their sundae!

Oyster Po-boy Fried chicken with buttermilk biscuit, gravy HY soft serve -donut