Fresh User Reviews in Sydney

becd84 reviewed Chaco Bar, Darlinghurst

Bars, Japanese, Good For Groups, BYO, Serves Dinner

Overall 8  1

Drinks  9      Ambience  8      Service  8      Value  7

I've never actually heard of this place before until I randomly stumbled across a friend checking into it on Facebook. Went with my partner the other night after making a booking. We got there and even though the waitress' saw us, they continued doing their own thing and only greeted us when they were free.

We got seated and the menu given to us, not much explanation or anything so we just ordered about 10 items off the menu. The food and drinks came which the waitress' were much more friendlier by that point and also explaining what each dish was.

The only issue I had was that the table we were situated on has a blind spot in attracting the attention of the wait staff to get the bill sorted but other than that, no real downside to report. The food was tops, especially the gizzard yakitori!

Mar 27, 2015

zaff reviewed 1896 Restaurant, Sydney CBD

Overall 10  1

I love food full stop. But who wouldn't love a 5 Star quality service, food and wine. I have been at this place twice for lunch, to be able express how great this place is, we also went to famous Rockpool Bar and restaurant. Ended up paying around $250 for two.

You will be amazed with ambiance, food and service and pay less than $40 for three course excellent choice of meal and wine. On top of this I am a vegetarian and I had some delicious meals not just green grass. If it's is your special day, or just to enjoy a nice meal, you will walked with a smile on your face.

Regards.
Thank you 1896!
Zaff CHEVIK

Mobile Review Mar 27, 2015

artforartssake reviewed Tum Zaap, Randwick

Restaurants, Thai

Overall 7.3  2

We lobbed in here after 9pm on a rainy Saturday night and were warmly greeted by the friendly wait staff. Which was a pleasant surprise since by this time, most other places on this dreary strip in Belmore Rd are closing up and not too amenable to guests arriving so late.

And an even better surprise was how fresh and tasty the food was. Four of us dined and we shared a selection of dishes including spring rolls, fishcakes, fried calamari, crying tiger beef, chicken with cashew nuts and a vegetarian choice. My beef was a tad chewy but cut into fine thin slices which made them easier to digest. The fishcake and spring starters were standard but decently prepared.

Helpings are a bit on the small side, but then so are the prices and we ended up paying a modest $60 for the four of us. That included rice but no drinks.

Tum Zaap is a fairly basic eatery with not much in the way of ambience, just simple wooden furniture and no toilets. The front door is flung wide open to the street: great for warm summer evening dining but it left us a tad chilly on a cool autumn night. Service was helpful, friendly and efficient and dishes come out quickly and in the right order.

So if you’re after a quick, cheap and flavoursome meal then you can’t go past Tum Zaap if you’re in the area. Living locally, we always walk, parking around here is a nightmare.

Mar 27, 2015

NG4 reviewed Atmosphere, North Strathfield

Restaurants, Mediterranean, Fine Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly Menus

Overall 3.8  8

We returned after knowing this restaurant is under new management and to our pleasant surprise its completely different now, much better. The service is super fast, orders arrive at the table within 10 mins, the food is delicious (particularly the crab pasta or the veal parmajiana) and well priced too.

The crowd is classy, the outdoor area is nice and sheltered, the inside formal dining is pleasant and fit for family atmosphere. They do serve tap water, and I find the waitresses and the manager very professional in taking the orders or explaining the menu. Strongly recommended if you want to enjoy a nice dinner out.

Mobile Review Mar 26, 2015

NG4 NG4

szkut reviewed Hotel Pennant Hills Bistro, Pennant Hills

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Vegetarian, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch

Overall 7.2  3

Have had lunch here a few times now. Food is good, tasty and quite big servings. Big plus here for anyone with kids is the play area and the jumping castle. Really did keep our son happy the whole time we are there. Happy to stop in anytime for a feed.

Mobile Review Mar 26, 2015

lisa grace reviewed Arabella, Newtown

Restaurants, Lebanese, Family Dining, BYO, Child Friendly

Overall 6.6  170

I booked Arabella for my birthday party! It was amazing experience and food was awesome. They arrange my birthday party very well! I recommend people to book there any sort of events and party and have the unforgettable moments of your life in Arabella Lebanese restaurant.

bitesizereview reviewed Pei Modern, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good for Business Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 8.1  3

We had a quiet dinner mid-week at Pei Modern restaurant in Sydney. The dining room is large and opened, quite different from my Melbourne experience.

All the dishes were shared and I enjoyed the salt cod croquettes as well as the pork and fennel sausage with onion rings – the savoury hits that were much needed after a hard day’s work. I also recommend the duck egg sauternes custard for dessert.

@bitesizereviews

dave y reviewed Quay, The Rocks

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Fine Dining, Good For Groups, Citibank Dining Program

Overall 8.3  324

Had a dinner with the wife's work there and food and service was fantastic. We had plenty of food and wine, and we all had a great time, we had a great view of the harbour and even better we didn't have to pay the bill at the end and it would give you a heart attack, honesty it was insane.

dave y reviewed Bourke Street Bakery, Alexandria

Cafes, Bakeries, French, Family Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 7  11

Food  6      Coffee  5      Ambience  6      Service  6      Value  6

I use this place for lunch sometimes , had a pie and a coffee and all was good, my pie was red hot so no problems there,the girl there is very polite.

joannedublin reviewed Fat Buddha Restaurant, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Chinese, Seafood, Yum Cha, Family Dining

Overall 6.2  46

We went on a Groupon last night and couldn't fault the food. There was lots of it and it was good! Our waitress was friendly and the food came out quickly but we weren't rushed. Also supposedly they give $5 parking vouchers. It's definitely a restaurant I'll go back too.

letsnomnom reviewed Sushi Tengoku, Kensington

Restaurants, Japanese, BYO, Serves Dinner

Overall 6.7  47

My favourite sushi place!! Must order: soft shell crab roll, aburi salmon nigiri.. Booking is recommended especially during peak hour.. The sushi size is big in size compared to others.. Always fresh and in top quality

letsnomnom reviewed Mandoo, The, Strathfield

Cafes, Korean

Overall 7.8  1

Perfect place to go if you feel like having korean but don't want to stink your clothes with the bbq smoke.. I love their Dumpling Soup and Prawn Dumpling.. They don't serve coffee but once you're seated they will bring you a bottle of water..

letsnomnom reviewed Something For Jess, Chippendale

Cafes, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch, Ice Cream, Pastries

Overall 8.4  1

Food  9      Coffee  8      Ambience  9      Service  8      Value  8

Really love their food.. How they combine all the fruits, veggies and meat on one plate.. Coffee was good.. The place was quite small but comfortable enough for 8 of us.. Service was attentive.. and definitely has become my fave spot to hang out..

Cafes, Modern Australian, Vegetarian, Outdoor Dining, Serves Breakfast

Overall 8.4  10

Food  4      Coffee  5      Ambience  8      Service  8      Value  3

Love the space and the ambience but not the food.. My foods were all soggy and cold.. Their ice tea was bland.. Coffee was okay.. I think if you go here only for coffee or shake.. you'll be fine..

Keskatjohn reviewed Rashay's Pizza Pasta Grill, North Rocks

Restaurants, Pizza, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch, Serves Takeaway

Overall 9.2  4

"Rashay's" is an unfortunate name, as you would think it was an Indian eatery, but it's actually an Aussie franchise in the similar (but very much up-dated) style, as the old "Black Stump" restaurants.

Having said that, we dined on a Wednesday night for country friend catch-up. The place is lovely and modern and has lots of outdoor seating, which we took advantage of on a warm March night.

The service is uber fast and attentive... maybe a bit too fast, but the young waiters were keen and friendly.

We shared a garlic pizza for starters, and mains of chicken and steak, which were all very nice. Country friend's daughter had a kids meal, which they offer quite a few selections for children.

The prices are moderate and I believe most of the food is from Aussie producers which is great.

The only downer was the coffee... bloody dish water! When will baristas learn that a cappuccino is 1/3 strong coffee, 1/3 milk and 1/3 froth! It's not hard.

As we were leaving, my country friend said she wished they had one of these restaurants in Bathurst!

szkut reviewed Refinery, The, Hornsby

Cafes, Modern Australian, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch

Overall 6.2  1

Food  6      Coffee  8      Ambience  7      Service  5      Value  5

Stopped in for a weekday lunch. So it was not too busy. Getting order in initially was fine. Cold drip coffee was good and liked that they had almond milk available.

But the food was quite a let down. Very basic lamb salad, the pulled pork burger lacked flavour and lentil soup taste like melted butter.

Then took forever to put our payment through. So I think for a quick coffee this place may come up well, but for us it was all a bit hit and miss.

Mobile Review Mar 25, 2015

napolialert reviewed Apollo, The, Potts Point

Restaurants, Greek, Good For Groups, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 6.5  30

Some really good Modern Greek, the low rating is surprising. Full review on my blog.

Claire H. reviewed Money Bag Thai Restaurant, Baulkham Hills

Restaurants, Thai, Food Delivery, Serves Dinner, Serves Takeaway

Overall 6.6  28

Terrible sugary sweet Chicken Pad Thai. 3 pieces of chicken in whole dish. Just noodles and sweet sauce. $15 for an inedible dish. Will not return. Binned it and had cheese on toast. Try a Parramatta restaurant instead. The order was prepared within 10 minutes.

Raj V. reviewed Cho Dumpling King, Haymarket

Restaurants, Chinese

Overall 6.7  25

Hehe no dumplings here but what they do sell is traditional Taiwanese side dishes and a menu of yummy Taiwanese food too. There iced Green Tea drink is probably my most favourite item besides the side dishes whenever I go there. The stewed pork with rice is also a hit and the beef noodle soup is a must try also! Possibly the best Taiwanese food I've had in Sydney ever!

moutho reviewed Dachshund Coffee, Hunters Hill

Cafes

Overall 7.4  1

Food  7      Coffee  8      Ambience  7      Service  8      Value  7

Went here on a busy Sunday via a recommendation from wife's workmate, pretty good recommendation it turned out to be as well. Next to the Hunter Hill hotel and on a busy street with other shops is this new-ish cafe (owner said about 7 months), trading its socks off and keeping the punters happy. Nothing overly exciting to look at and a nice mix of indoor/outdoor tables which were all humming, they did well to manage the throng with good efficiency and brisk pace.

The food I will have to be on hold for, I tried the 'dogs breakfast' and most items on the plate were cold (purposefully), apart from the poached eggs (were too firm). Not a massive fan of cold ham, cold tomato etc for brekky but that was likely my fault for not ready properly. Will happily give it another go to try some of the other items as most tables seemed to be sending back empty plates. Coffee good but a little weak, nicely made though.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next