Fresh User Reviews for Food Delivery in Sydney

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 384

EatinSpoons reviewed Blu Ginger, Castle Hill

Restaurants, Indian, BYO, Citibank Dining Program, Food Delivery

Overall 7.8  36

My partner and I dine here a lot - sometimes just the two of us, sometimes more. Everything is fresh with bright spices and flavour. I couldn't ask for better service, with every member of the staff friendly and courteous. The atmosphere is fantastic as well, and the prices are very affordable for the wonderful food. See you again soon!

Apr 22, 2014

food_lover_101 reviewed Arisaig Tea Room, The, Surry Hills

Tea Rooms, Italian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 9.8  2

Food  10      Drinks  8      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

I went down for lunch the other day with my friend, we felt like something new. I ordered the peppered stack salad and my friend had the Guinness and stack pie. The food came out really quickly and was amazing! The stack salad was the perfect combo of protein to salad. My friend said the pie melted in her mouth, I think I'll be trying that one next time! They even threw in a free can of soft drink! Definitely going back soon as the service as outstanding!

Mobile Review Apr 22, 2014

Restaurants, Thai, Fine Dining, Good For Groups, Hip and Trendy

Overall 6.6  54

I've eaten here twice and both times I thought the food could probably have been good had the staff got it right.

The staff struggle to understand what it is the customers want. I shouldn't have to act out what it is we want. Also, the staff are quite rude and dismissive when spoken too. The first time we went it was busy, so I put down the treatment down to stress and anxiety. The second time we went the restaurant was very quiet, there was no excuse for the rude treatment.

On the second visit we ordered one noodle dish, one stir fry dish and one curry dish. The curry and stir fry came out within minutes and the noodle dish came over 20 minutes later. I felt sorry for my sister who had to sit around waiting for her simple noodle dish to arrive. When the dish finally arrived there was no explanation nor apology.

The food wasn't anything special or worth waiting for. It was average Thai that you can get at any local suburban restaurant. Considering the food at best is average and the service is shocking, this restaurant is extremely overpriced.

Will not be coming here again!

Mobile Review Apr 21, 2014

FoodEnthusiast reviewed Mancini's, Belfield

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Food Delivery

Overall 6  168

This restaurant can either be a hit or miss. They do most pastas and pizza very well. I've rarely been disappointed with a pasta dish here, of all the Mancini dishes, the pasta is what I recommend. But everything else is mediocre. I've had the salmon, which was dry and over cooked. I've had the steak which was a small serving and came with very few vegetables. I've tried their salt and pepper calamari which tasted like they were a frozen bulk purchase and definitely not fresh and I've tried their fish and chips which again felt like the fish was something just pulled out of the freezer and cooked on the spot. I always avoid pastas with protein here, but the vegetarian pasta, in particular the pesto fettuccine is amazing. Try it for yourself and make up your own mind.

Mobile Review Apr 21, 2014

Kate22 reviewed Christo's Five Ways Pizzeria, Paddington

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, BYO, Food Delivery

Overall 7  33

Christos Pizzeria need to worry less about the ladies and more about the diners! Decent service for the paying customers wouldn't hurt either!

R W. reviewed Falernas Pizzeria, Mosman

Restaurants, Takeaways, Italian, Pizza, Family Dining

Overall 8.1  12

Never again. Was poor the last time I got pizza there but I thought that I'd give Falernas the benefit of the doubt this time. Big mistake. Pizza arrived over 90 minutes after ordering, almost cold and the same texture as an old boot. When I called to ask about the food's whereabouts after over an hour, no apology was given, and I was given some snappy response about the food leaving soon.

Hardygirl reviewed Al Martino's, Illawong

Restaurants, Italian, BYO, Food Delivery, Licensed

Overall 5.2  21

Went to this restaurant last night 16 April 2014, ordered the spagetti marinara. The dish arrived and the pasta was swimming in sauce. I advised the waiter there was too much sauce and requested some boiled pasta to transfer the seafood too. To my surprise, the restaurant added a $10.00 charge for the boiled pasta. How rude, won't be going back.

Restaurants, Thai, BYO, Food Delivery, Has Bar

Overall 6.8  16

It was a bit pricey for merely above average Thai food ($17-$20) compared to other Thai restaurants in Southern Sydney. Also being directly under a politician's office does not do the place any favours.

Ultimately though it's the service that matters and being the only customers in the restaurant on a Sunday lunch, we were treated like royalty. This is what will bring us back should we try asian cuisine again down in Cronulla.

kololee kololee
'http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=659146797'

tej reviewed Mantra Indian Restaurant, Ryde

Restaurants, Takeaways, Indian, Family Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 6.6  146

I experienced a order being just on time. However, they did seem still apologetic. Once the food did arrive, it was pure culinary heaven. Delicious chicken tikka, Goat on the bone, Garlic and Cheese Nan, Saffron Rice! Food packed in Aluminium foil with care, the delivery meal ensured the food was hot and more than just spicy. I wish to dine out at Mantra soon. Well worth the wait! Would order from here definitely again!

tej tej

Restaurants, Takeaways, Indian, Family Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 6.6  146

We have been going to this place and had been ordering for deliveries for over 7 years, but lately have been apprehensive given the lack of service and inconsistencies in food quality. Both food and service has transformed from mediocre to worse. With our last take away order, the Mantra confirmed the order and we could collect in 45 mins. On turning up we were told the order was not processed, a lame excuse on somewhat miscommunication! Wasn't impressed and yes not surprised!

Apr 16, 2014

rhrh reviewed Pizza Pesce Birra Cremorne, Cremorne Junction

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, Vegetarian, Family Dining

Overall 8.3  13

Great pizza - beautiful thin bases and yummy toppings - have had takeaway a few times now and delicious every time.

Apr 14, 2014

rubyroux reviewed Chilli Jam, Concord

Restaurants, Thai, BYO, Food Delivery, Licensed

Overall 6.8  107

Went here for a Sunday lunch with friends recently. The food was beautifully presented and tasted divine - so good, so tasty! Unfortunately the service was lacking. We are easy going, but the 'sorry' word would have been nice after they forgot one person's meal instead of fobbing us off with 'well, we are busy'. Definitely more professionalism needed. Still, the food was spectacular!

Kezzababy reviewed Russo's, Peakhurst

Restaurants, Italian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, BYO

Overall 4.7  55

Dined there last week. Once our waitress went home we never received any service whatsoever. Waited waited waited to order dessert but no one came. There was only 3 tables occupied. One table was a few young girls and the male waiter sat with them. Finally the short older lady came over to see if we wanted anything as they were packing up. Yes please. The 5 of us wanted dessert and coffee. No sorry we can only do cakes (sitting in fridge looking very dried out). No thanks we want the strawberry nutella pizza. No sorry can't do. No strawberries. Really? Forget the coffees then. Lost us and our families.

Davy T. reviewed Saute’ Thai Restaurant, Parramatta

Restaurants, Asian, Seafood, Thai, Vegetarian

Overall 7.6  44

We had dinner for 6 of us recently. Being the first time there, parking in the vicinity was a big problem on a Saturday evening. That aside, the food and service could not be faulted but the final bill was a big shocker. We ordered 5 dishes with rice, no drinks. Bill came to $165.00 averaging $27.50 per person but plain rice alone came to $36.00! That's $6.00 per person! And it's not all you can eat rice. If any of us were to order another serve of rice in a individual bowl it would be another $3 more! 6 more it would be $18.00 again. Imagine having dinner for 6 here and consuming 3 serves of 'rice for 6' only would have cost you $54! You can buy a 25Kg bag of rice for @27.00! Diners beware.

Restaurants, Indian, Vegetarian, Family Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 2.4  2

I went to this place for the second time. First time I had a south Indian thali. It was good. Today I ordered for chicken biryani, I got a very bad experience with them today.

1) I got few mutton pieces in the chicken biryani. I am not sure that was a left over food that some one ate?
2) Plate he given to me was not cleaned properly.
3) I got few shells of the egg in the food.

So... I do not recommend anyone to go there unless the management want to improve their food quality. I expect some sort of standard in the food for my hard earned money.

mary fengels reviewed Your Place Casual Dining, McMahons Point

Restaurants, Cafes, Bars, Modern Australian, Thai

Overall 8  31

Food  10      Coffee  9      Drinks  9      Ambience  9      Service  10      Value  9

Your Place Casual Dining has become our "local". I've given up trying to cook Thai food - as this restaurant has it all covered. The food is fresh, clean and absolutely delicious. If you get the chance to try it, I would thoroughly recommend the "Exotic Seafood" which is a "delicacy" of thai food - and of course the Masaman Curry is "unbeatable". Every meal I have experienced has been of a very high standard. Service is great and the atmosphere welcoming. Well done to Greg and his lovely wife and team for creating a great restaurant at an affordable price.

VegBen reviewed Bai Tong Thai, Tempe

Restaurants, Chinese, European, Thai, Family Dining

Overall 7.9  14

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful

An interesting menu translates into beautifully presented, generous and tasty dishes. The violet dumplings are (almost) too beautiful to eat (but irresistibly good) and the BBQ prawn salad (with fresh, plump, beautiful prawns and Spanish onion balancing the sweetness of the sauce) is scrumptious. We also loved the crispy tofu on betel leaf and the grilled scallops. The pomegranate granita is light and texturally interesting (with lychee pieces and pomegranate seeds exploding in your mouth) and is a great finish to an excellent meal. There are many options for vegetarians and service is pleasant and efficient. Well worth the drive from Pyrmont.

0xfeedface reviewed Doytao Thai, Drummoyne

Restaurants, Thai, Food Delivery, Serves Dinner, Serves Late Dining

Overall 6.6  78

We love this place. We came for lunch, and at $9 the lunch specials are big with good variety of vegetables on the stir fries. The food is good, but there are so many thai places around - the thing that makes this stand out is the extras. As a group of 3 ladies and my 3yo son, we ordered 4 dishes (3 lunch specials - red chicken curry, chicken pad thai, oyster chicken stir fry and a King St Fried Rice) and were asked if we were sharing. The waitress brought our specials and extra plates so in total we had the 4 dishes on the table with an additional 4 plates so we could sample some of everything without feeling like we were dipping into someone's meal. Some places won't do this for a cheaper spend, which is why this place is worth a visit.

The King St Fried Rice was the standout hit. Grandma is a very bland eater (ie, can't take too many spices) and both she and her grandson absolutely got stuck into the King St fried rice - unlike other fried rices I've had, it had sultanas, cashews (a note to the tree nut allergists), along with the more usual pineapple and ham. Yum! We ended up taking away most of our meals (no charge for takeaway containers like some places) and as we sat relaxing over the remains of the meal, the waitress came up with a packet of gummy bears for my son. With tic tacs at the cash register, it was just such a nice experience, with less of a dent in my wallet than dining elsewhere. We are regulars and will continue to keep coming.

Apr 11, 2014

Kate W. reviewed Pizza Inn, Bexley North

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, Food Delivery, Serves Dinner

Overall 7.2  4

Appalling service. Very late delivery; 1 & 1/2 hours wait? Pizza was good, toppings were scant and the biggest positive was the price.

Mobile Review Apr 11, 2014

peterJS reviewed Agni Indian Restaurant, Rouse Hill

Restaurants, Indian, Vegetarian, BYO, Food Delivery

Overall 6.8  5

Excellent Food. Had a great meal with our family last sunday. The butter chicken was unlike any other we have had. The Prawns dish (can't remember the name) was full of flavour. The onion fritters were fresh and came with a generous serve of mint sauce. This is our new favourite Indian Restaurant.

Apr 11, 2014