Fresh User Reviews for Fish and Chips in Sydney

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 54

Stephane N. reviewed Bondi Surf Seafoods, Bondi Beach

Takeaways, Fish and Chips, Seafood, BYO, Serves Dinner

Overall 6.4  2

I knew it would be busy today on Good Friday but having to wait 30 mins would have not mattered so much if the food was great. I ordered grilled Barramundi and a mixed basket of Fish cocktails, chips and potato cakes. The chips and potato cakes were awesome but unfortunately the barramundi was terrible and the fish cocktails only slightly better. Both ended up in the bin. Shame really and it wasn't cheap either. $70 better spent elsewhere.

Apr 18, 2014

Ana O. reviewed Erskineville Fish and Chips, Erskineville

Restaurants, Fish and Chips, Outdoor Dining

Overall 8.8  1

Great food, portions are big so you can even share it with someone. Glad I stopped there and tried it.

Mobile Review Apr 15, 2014

Untamed Snark reviewed Epping Seafood, Epping

Takeaways, Burger, Fish and Chips, Mediterranean, Seafood

Overall 9.3  4

Love this place. It looks a little hole in the wall but don't let hat put you off. The fish & chips are amazing fresh as you could ask for, and the calamari ring & prawn cutlets are hand crumbed/battered rather than the gluey pre bought stuff. Service is always welcoming and friendly (some Epping restaurants could learn from the owners) and the prices are great value considering the size & quality of what you get.

Apr 15, 2014

Alex M. reviewed Cloudy Bay Fish Co., Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Fish and Chips, Seafood

Overall 6.2  6

I asked for a kingfish salad and a mineral water. The waiter arrived with a still water. When I explained their mistake, I was told that I would have to pay the price difference. Furthermore, the salad arrived with a meager slice of stale bread, which the manager insisted was fresh. Perhaps was fresh the previous week, but was not fresh when it reached the table. When you have eaten in great places, you come to expect certain level of service. This place is barely better than McDonald's.

Apr 12, 2014

Alex M. Alex M.
'politically incorrect (I cannot lie)'

Brett R. reviewed Fish & Co., Annandale

Overall 7  107

Absolutely great night. Extremely great food and wonderful service! Will definitely be back and be recommending to all.

Apr 11, 2014

Leonie M. reviewed Fish & Chips by Fish Face, Darlinghurst

Cafes, Fish and Chips, Serves Dinner, Serves Takeaway

Overall 1  1

Not a pleasant experience. Rude staff, unobliging, waited an hour for food. Incorrect wine served to us. Very expensive fish and chips. My friend's fish was raw and when she asked for it to be cooked more she was told it still had to rest so she should eat the thin part first! Really disgusting. Definitely won't go back.

Mobile Review Apr 06, 2014

crazynaomiishungry reviewed Opera Kitchen, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Cafes, Takeaways, Burger, Fish and Chips

Overall 6.1  14

Food  4      Coffee  5      Ambience  6      Service  1      Value  1

After many visits to the Opera Kitchen, always with pleasant experiences, I was quite happy to frequent it one more time prior to seeing a show. This however turned out to be the last time I will ever eat there.

The service was terrible and the staff incompetent and the manager was perhaps the rudest most arrogant person I've ever dealt with. Two of my friends and I decided to have a bite to eat before heading to the drama theatre, we had allowed over an hour for food and drinks. We waited in line for 10 minutes before someone told us that the register was closed and we needed to make our way to the other register.

We lined up again and after another 10 minutes they opened up the other register that they had just closed and sent us back to the other register. When we got to the other register and they started to serve the people in front, the manager came over and told us to go to the other line again as this register was closed. We explained the situation and he rudely talked over the top of us and told is it was closed. Not to be deterred we tried again and then he abruptly said "I closed it" and turned away.

Since time was now an issue we stayed and ordered so as to eat something as quickly as possible. Once we ordered we found our seats and some of food came out relatively quickly. We waited for the rest if the food which never came. We tried to hail someone but no one noticed and no one walked by. Finally I got up to tack someone down and explained we we're still waiting.

Rather than finding the food themselves they sent me to the kitchen to find the food! Each person sent me to another person and not once did someone offer to find/help nor apologise! I understand that the prices really only get you a view but this was appalling. I would recommend avoiding the opera kitchen from here on in until they hire a new manager and competent staff.

Terribly disappointed.

Mobile Review Apr 04, 2014

Thefatduck reviewed Doyles on the Beach, Watsons Bay

Restaurants, Fish and Chips, Modern Australian, Seafood, Vegetarian

Overall 5.6  165

Doyles on the Beach's food was dead average. This restaurant is trading off history and punching out terrible food. They need to go back to basics , get the food quality right!!! Then announce they are back on track. I had better seafood at a take away, disgusting.

Apr 01, 2014

ABJ reviewed Fish & Co., Annandale

Overall 7  107

We love it - friendly staff, fabulous food. Kid friendly early. Small but good wine/beer selection. A regular (especially if the Cevice special is on the menu).

Mar 19, 2014

ABJ ABJ

tindy reviewed Psari Shop, The, Dulwich Hill

Cafes, Fish and Chips, Ample or Convenient Parking, Free Parking, Off Street Parking

Overall 8.1  13

Have walked past so many times - finally dropped in for some take away. Service was a little slow to start (a new staff member was still learning the ropes), but quickly rectified by the manager. The food was delicious - handcut chips were perfectly crispy and our crumbed fish was beautifully moist and succulent. The best part? It wasn't super greasy! In fact, there was hardly any oily residue at all. I don't eat much take away food but certainly won't feel guilty having this every now and again, it was yummo!

Mar 19, 2014

Anthill reviewed Peter Doyle At The Quay, Circular Quay

Restaurants, Fish and Chips, Modern Australian, Seafood, Serves Dinner

Overall 6  178

I took my mum for lunch on Saturday with a voucher that my brother had given me for Christmas. We had two options for entrée and two for main. Mum and I both chose the stuffed zucchini flower as our entrée which was yum! Then we both had the barramundi fillet for main. We enjoyed this too but I found a fish scale on my fish. This is something I would not expect to find in a meal from a restaurant of this calibre. What would Pete and Manu say?

The dessert was Crème Brule which was soooo yum! Deliciously creamy and needless to say we were both full by the end of the meal. I'm not sure that I would go again as it is fairly expensive but it seemed quite popular and I noticed many people using vouchers that day. Even with a voucher it is still quite dear but a nice location to take overseas visitors to.

Mar 17, 2014

Michelle C. reviewed Doyles on the Beach, Watsons Bay

Restaurants, Fish and Chips, Modern Australian, Seafood, Vegetarian

Overall 5.6  165

We have been here several times last year. Lovely place on summer evening to catch up with friends over a glass of wine. The oysters and salad prawns was nice but the fish was dry (overcooked) and oily. Service was average.

Mar 08, 2014

Takeaways, Fish and Chips

Overall 6.1  2

Great fish and chip shop serving "real" chips and a good choice of fresh fish cooked to order. I often call ahead so not to wait. One of my favourite fish and chip shops in Sydney. Good value too considering the location in the foody strip of Cammeray.

Mar 08, 2014

i-love--food reviewed Psari Shop, The, Dulwich Hill

Overall 8.1  13

This place is just awesome. Fresh fish you can really taste the difference compared to your standard fish and chips shop. You know its good when the queue is out the door. This place just gets busier and busier, I now just call my order through. The prawn skewers are delicious, the occy is so tasty! The crumbed calamari not chewy at all. The salmon is the best salmon I have ever had. It melts in your mouth. Will be trying the sword fish next time. Definitely one of the best fish and chips shops I have been to.

Mar 07, 2014

Restaurants, Fish and Chips, Modern Australian, Seafood, Family Dining

Overall 5.8  51

A short ferry ride away from Circular Quay is the beautiful Watsons’ Bay, where the main foodie highlight is Doyles on the Beach, complemented by the more casual Doyles on the Wharf!

Food:
There is an astounding array of different fish and chips combinations with various types of fish, and other options like calamari, squid, lobster and prawns. We were so spoilt for choice that we decided on sharing 3 meals between four of us, and we picked the Garlic Prawns with Rice, the Half Lobster Mornay and Barramundi and Chips. We also ordered an extra tartare sauce and tomato sauce, but that turned out to be unnecessary since all of the meals come with an assortment of chilli plum sauce, tartare sauce and vinegarette. After such a long trip, we were hoping for amazing meals, and the food didn’t disappoint!

blogRead the full review on my blog

Mar 05, 2014

warms reviewed Dove & Olive, The, Surry Hills

Restaurants, Pubs, Bottle Shops, American, Comfort Food

Overall 7.4  34

Quality  8      Food  7      Drinks  6      Ambience  8      Service  7      Value  7

Only visited once - on a trivia night which is very popular. Had the prosciutto salad - prosciutto, pear, goats cheese, rocket etc. It was really nice and good value. Staff were very nice.

Mar 04, 2014

Nos from Maroubra reviewed Dove & Olive, The, Surry Hills

Restaurants, Pubs, Bottle Shops, American, Comfort Food

Overall 7.4  34

Food  7      Drinks  7      Ambience  7      Service  7      Value  7

Current Review: They really have spent a great deal of money here making it a very warm & comfortable location to dine or drink and they have lifted their service somewhat since my previous visit here. Foods selections have changed slightly however the pick imo is still the pizzas although I had a perfectly prepared & tasty piece of meat.

Previous Review Nov 08, 2012: A bit all over the place, imo. Meals on the menu not available with no alert prior to ordering, quite a run-down ambience with no atmosphere, friendly enough service and rather cheap with some tasty meals. The pizzas are good here and worth the visit alone.

Mar 04, 2014

whatnow73 reviewed Fish Shop, The, Potts Point

Restaurants, Bars, Fish and Chips, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 7.1  17

Food  9      Drinks  7      Ambience  9      Service  9      Value  7

Their famous cheeseburger is really delicious as is their snapper. Everything is cooked really well and it's a very family friendly restaurant.

blogRead the full review on my blog

Mar 01, 2014

Christine T. reviewed Fish & Co., Annandale

Overall 7  107

We heard so many great things about fish & co. We certainly left very happy and satisfied. The food was amazing and the service was outstanding. I don't know any other places in Sydney that sell organic fresh fish. I've been looking! Best restaurant we've been to.

Mar 01, 2014

peterandmira reviewed Fish & Co., Annandale

Overall 7  107

Fantastic evening - children friendly, delightful staff and an engaging chef who actively speaks with his diners. The chef is clearly passionate about his food and what made the evening fabulous was the must go to dish of tonight's special "Canadian lobster". Simply divine.

Feb 28, 2014