Pasticceria Papa

Has Cafe

Parking

Street Parking

Overview of Pasticceria Papa

Pasticceria Papa was conceived in 1987 and born a year after in Haberfield from the desire of Salvatore Papa to provide Australians with authentic Italian delicacies. After 25 years, their patisserie has expanded as a cafe serving hot foods for lunch on top of their famous offerings of freshly-baked goodies for breakfast. Their legacy in Ramsey Street includes mouthwatering cakes, breads, biscuits, and pastries. Their cakes are a feast for the eyes and suit special occasions such as birthdays, weddings, and christenings.

Pasticceria Papa's fitout is exuberant of dark wooden accents, furnitures, and fixtures made lively by their tempting offerings held in glass display food cabinets. The vibe is overall chirpy and inviting for an hour or so of relaxation over comforting food. It's gourmet heaven for the sweet tooth—worth dropping by with friends for a catchup when in West Sydney.

Add a Review for Pasticceria Papa

User Reviews of Pasticceria Papa, Haberfield

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Ducked into this cafe this morning on our way home from Leichhardt with a few friends. Just wanting a quick coffee, we sat at our table and one of us joined the never ending queue to place the order. Whilst he was standing in line, one of the staff was pushing a lid on a take away coffee and it exploded right in front of him. just missed.. lucky he thought.

As we were seated waiting, another waitress arrived with a bottle of water with two glasses (there were 5 of us), the glasses were filthy and on seeing our expression, she scooped them up and brought us three clean glasses, one of which were cracked. Now I know your going to think we were a bunch of whingers at this point, but it gets worse, waiting waiting waiting approx 30 mins since placing the order, there is an almighty smash behind me and then myself and one of my friends were covered in shards of glass.

I stood up, glass falling in my shoes and all over the floor, there was not even a sorry or are you ok? Just a very young embarrassed waitress armed with a dust pan and broom. Well that was a bit of entertainment on a previously dull Sunday morning, so still waiting for the coffee, it had better be good, I thought to myself. 45 minutes after placing the order, the coffee was delivered, boiling hot and very below average.

As we left another saucer came flying across the room. Dangerous place. But honestly, I really think they seem to employ very young and inexperienced staff, they look as though they are still in school, and they just can;t seem to cope with the Sunday morning crowd. My advice, don't have table service, just go for the fabulous pastries and get a take away coffee.

Jul 06, 2014

There is no doubt that they are one of the best pastry shops in Sydney in their outdated shop (not sure if they are hygienic in the back of house). But, they really should be working in their customer service. They are not welcoming.

Mobile Review Apr 06, 2014

My favorite pastry shop in Sydney, Pasticceria Papa, can be found in the suburb of Haberfield, in the midst of a hub of Italian restaurants and culture!

Food:
    Being a pastry shop, everything is laid out for your eyes to feast upon without the need of a menu, so the vast array of cakes and cookies gives you a lot to work with. However, I always have my one go-to dessert – the ricotta cheesecake! It’s the highlight of this store, and I have never had better. The filling is so deliciously soft and light, and the base isn’t crumbed like most cheesecakes, but is instead a thick pastry that complements the sweetness of the ricotta perfectly. Served lightly dusted with icing sugar, it’s an indulgence, but a necessary one at that!

blogRead more on my blog

Mar 05, 2014

I ordered a large 30 serve continental cake for my son’s first birthday party. This was the worst continental cake I have ever eaten. The sponge was stale and dry, it had no alcohol in it, and the layers of custard were paper thin. Uneaten pieces of cake were scattered around the tables because it was so unappetising. I took a slice back to the shop to show the staff. The woman who served me took one look at it and said she didn’t even need to try it, you could tell the chef had forgotten to pour the syrup into the sponge. Those were her very words. She said she’d call me back to discuss the option of a refund.

The next day I received no phone call and had to chase her up. She changed her tune and told me she tried the piece after I left and it was “lovely and moist”, and said the chef must have just distributed the syrup unevenly because the piece I gave her had plenty of alcohol and syrup. What a lie! My mother couldn’t bear to see me throw out a $90 cake so she had to pour chilled coffee and tea onto the sponge to moisten it so it would be deemed edible. Papa’s reluctantly gave me $45 back. A full refund should have been given as the cake was a faulty product and could not be repaired (read the Office of Fair Trading website you guys!).

Papa’s treat their customers with no respect. This is a disgraceful way to treat your customers considering we are the source of your revenue. Instead of swallowing their pride and refunding me the full amount which is what they should have done, they have lost many future sales from myself, the guests who attended the party, as well as dozens of people I have told this story to. Word-of-mouth is a very powerful marketing tool. They have lost more than just $45. Avoid Papa’s at all cost!

Nov 28, 2013

By the time I’ve finished lunch, the queue has snaked beyond to the exteriors and the pace of the waitresses show no signs of slowing down. Like a forgotten art, everyone awaits for their...

blogRead more on my blog

Aug 21, 2013

'pigging out'

Ricotta cannoli is great and the other cakes and pastries look amazing in presentation, but not so tasty. Sorry, just don't think the ricotta cheesecake is all that... ok updating this 6 months later and you've got to try their Ricotta Nutella cheese cake - yummalicious!

I love coming here for the atmosphere and love seeing how busy it is, but the service is pretty poor, as most of the people behind the counter are inexperienced in customer service and just so slow. At times I see my order waiting to be served and just get up and pick it up from the counter myself, or else it can wait there for over 5 minutes.

Jul 14, 2013

Food  9      Ambience  3      Service  3      Value  7      Coffee  8

Italian cakes, sweets and other bakery goods ranging from good to excellent quality at good prices. Although many of the Biscotti and Cannoli could be improved.

However; the customer service could be greatly improved. The staff are often abrupt and rude and seem stressed. I don't know if it is because they're too busy or because it is reflecting the management. And it could definately do with air conditioning.

Apr 20, 2013

Could not find a ricotta cheesecake anywhere before finding Pasticceria Papa. Called to have a cake put aside for pick up. I'm from out of the area, not a local.

All I can say is the lady I spoke to on the phone said "have you been here before, you will love our store". Not so I'm sorry, disappointed with customer value. Three word delivery, delivery, delivery, service at the counter was less than the minimum standard considering the young lady could not find my cake gave me excuses to find the cake in the fridge cabinet. We ordered additional cakes as well.

Being a trainer in service deliver myself, the final product is awesome and fresh with the cakes. The biggest let down is the design of the store, the people traffic flow at the entrance, nil acknowledgement from staff whilst waiting in the queue even though their were nine staff on duty. If Pasticceria Papa practiced what they say about their store, they would have nil competition to them. Exceeding customers expectations should be for the store to meet, not the customer to feel it is their privilege to enter the store.

Jan 11, 2013

Beautiful looking patisserie, definitely makes you feel like you're in italy. The coffee is nice and of course the ricotta cheesecake is to die for, so light and fluffy. I also had almond biscotti and chocolate eclairs which were nice and decent. The service is quite poor though.

Aug 05, 2012

Huge variety of sweets, although they could do with a few more savoury options for someone who wants lunch. Had no issue with service on a weekday afternoon.

As for the food, we got a Almond cake, and nutella ice cream which were average. Ricotta cheesecake was great. Not a bad little place, but somewhere we won't go back to in a hurry.

May 18, 2012

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Pecan Pie Tart Pasticceria Papa Mousse Cake - Yoghurt Crostata Di Fruitta Cheese Cake - Passion Fruit