Theobroma Chocolate Lounge

Add a Review for Theobroma Chocolate Lounge

Coffee

Coffee

User Reviews of Theobroma Chocolate Lounge, Rouse Hill

I love this place and it's so much better than Max Brennar. The high teas are wonderful and great value. They are also the only chocolate cafe I have found that make dark chocolate frappes my all time favorite drink. Just love Belgian chocolate and the wonderful desserts they serve.

Jan 09, 2013

We can always have great waffles with ice cream and strawberries here. Very yummy, coffee is not very good though, thus is a shame. Cakes are okay. Definitely go for the waffles.

Jun 10, 2012

For alittle chocolate place in the middle of a shopping centre its not bad for a quick stop.

We tried a few chocolates, hot chocolates and a cake. All were ok, but really had no wow factor which you come to expect from these modern chocolate cafes. Also seemed like most people got the waffles, maybe need to give those a go next time.

Great setting and good service helped, but the food could be a little better.

May 24, 2012

It's actually bigger than I expected with a indoor and a small outdoor area. I had the waffles and ice cream and I liked it! My friend liked her cake, and I also like my white chocolate drink. My only gripe is the inside seems plain and I believe it closes at 5pm on a sunday. Apart from this, its definitely one of the better chocolate places around.

Aug 14, 2011

Dropped in here on Saturday morning. Hubby and I both enjoyed the Belgian waffles, with some ice cream and strawberries, which were extra. (The strawberries had an additional $2 surcharge, something to do with Qld floods or something or other.) Hubby said his coffee was good, however, my pot of tea was very weak, so next time I’ll have to ask for an additional teabag. Service was pleasant and quick.

Jul 14, 2011

The well anticipated attempted re-make of a new, modern "Max Brennar" at Rouse Hill has failed.

The ambience and interior lacks the aroma and vibe of the ever popular Max Brenner and it seems chocolate is not a speciality. Chocolate is very, very ordinary. There is no "melt in your mouth" sensation, simply average and overpriced.

I tried an iced coffee for around $6 and it was bland and average. You can buy yourself a higher quality and better iced coffee at Gloria Jeans. The Chocolate Lounge isn't terrible, it is just a very huge disappointment when comparing it to Max Brenner. Take your wallet elsewhere.

Dec 29, 2010

I have been here a number of times and all but one time the food was great. (Got the Choc Indulgence - like a lava pudding and all times was fantastic, very sickly, but once tasted as though it had chilli in it. Staff weren't interested in out comments then either).
    Staff definitely lack customer service skills. Every time we go they have different young people, mostly girls, working and they really do not appear happy, engaging or interested. Food tends to come within a decent time, worth the wait though. Hot chocolates taste divine but on a few occasions have not been hot enough. We do always go back though just for the drinks and food. Croissant drizzled with chocolate is a winner.

Nov 21, 2010

Have been three times now. Each time I have enjoyed the food and service. Love the chocolates and buy different ones each time I visit to take home. Shall definitely return.

Oct 19, 2010

Love the shop, the mocha was divine, the chocolates delectible and the ambience modern and classy. The young girl serving us was lacking in her customer service skills otherwise it was a pleasant afternoon.

Jul 15, 2010

18 minutes for two coffees, when the cafe is half full is very poor.

Jul 03, 2010

Some delicious treats for the Vintage Tea Party Ta... Little girls will love the Vintage Tea Parties for... Hmmm, we like our tea but we love our milkshakes a... Two little ladies enjoying a Vintage Tea Party at ... This little darling knows exactly how a young lady... Little girl loving the Vintage Tea Party table The table decorations and set up of a Vintage Tea ... « 1 of 7 photos »