Swagmans Post Courtyard Cafe

Add a Review for Swagmans Post Courtyard Cafe

Coffee

Coffee

User Reviews of Swagmans Post Courtyard Cafe, The Rocks

It just doesn't get any better than this- ever. I've been coming here now for 20 years, and still it's the first place I go to when I get to Sydney. The owners always remember me, despite being away for sometimes a couple of years at a time, and I always am made to feel like I'm coming home. My food sensitivities can be a pain to navigate around sometimes- but if it's not on the menu, they'll make something especially for me and it's always exceptional. I will be coming here as long as it's open for business, and I know I'll always leave with a full tum, a smile on my face, and a head full of happy memories. Thanks guys- you make life better for everyone around you!

Mar 02, 2013

My trip to swagmans cafe was not very pleasant. Waitresses were very nice but the two senior members of staff were so rude not very pleasant to there staff, they both really should not be working in hospitality when they have attitudes like that... Food was okay... definitely won't be recommending this cafe to anyone.

Feb 02, 2013

I never really look that far to find my Breakfast at the Rocks, but this time I decided to take a walk up George Street, where I found this wonderful court yard coffee shop. How wonderful it was to sit and be served a beautiful breakfast at the Rocks.

Mar 07, 2012

My colleague recommended a quick eat at her regular cafe, where she often fetches her lunch. Swagman's presents a surprise from its George St frontage, rather large courtyard in the rear, accommodating about 50 people under brollies, amongst gums and rather outgoing pigeons. There is a Daily Specials Board as well as a regular menu.

We both chose from the Board, the mango chicken salad ($12.90). 10 minutes later, we were served our salad, each with 2 well chargrilled chook pieces and plenty of leafy salad. Pleasantly timely. Drinks - large freshly squeezed juice ($5.90) very yum and an Appletiser ($4).

Coffees were well made ($3.50 for soy milk cap). Staff just as friendly as the pigeons and good wholesome meal, makes for a reason to be happy to return again. Thanks Carmel!

May 21, 2011

This is a lovely little cafe with nice food and friendly staff. However, whilst we were inside paying, the senior staff started shouting at one of the waitresses directly in front of us. When the guy serving us saw me raising my eyebrows to my fiance, he started trying to have an argument with us! I would think that a quiet word at the end of her shift would have been a more professional way to handle this. This is a lovely place, but I won't support somewhere where the staff are bullied rather than managed (and in front of customers too!).

Apr 12, 2011

The food was mediocre and did not present as indicated in the menu. Table settings were quite rundown. Courtyard needs some work. Communical toilet was disgusting.

Nov 29, 2009

Food was great, two guys working there weren't very friendly they kept shouting at the poor waitress.

Aug 24, 2009

We have eaten here several times, most recently for breakfast before attending a couple of sessions at the Sydney Writers Festival. I had a smoked salmon bagel, MM the chorizo, mushroom and spinach omelette. Both were excellent. Black coffees ditto. Service was friendly and efficient. We noticed (in a good way), the special attention given to a group which included two elderly ladies, ensuring they were comfortably seated, that walking sticks were within reach, umbrella adjusted, selection of teas offered.

May 29, 2009

We have been to this cafe on a number of occasions, it's very welcoming especially in the courtyard garden out back. The swagman's big breakfast and steak sandwich are great. Staff are friendly.

Apr 29, 2009

I'd been here some time ago for breakfast and remembered that the courtyard was nice and the food ok. However, I took a friend here for breakfast a few weeks ago and the food and service were just awful. My friend asked for a chocolate croissant, and the waitress asked if she wanted a plain croissant with chocolate sauce poured over it! My friend settled on a plain croissant, but when it was served they had buttered and put the jam on in the kitchen and it looked repulsive. I ordered banana bread that also came buttered, but I don't think it was butter, rather that faux-margerine stuff that tastes like chemicals. Also, it took the waitress several attempts to get the simple coffee order correct, and we had to ask 3 times for water. What should have been simple - place an order and then get served what you asked for - turned into a real hassle.

May 24, 2007