Chocolateria San Churro

Fri 8:30am - 1am
Sat 10am - 1am
Sun 10am - Midnight

Specialties

• Chocolate and Churros (Spanish doughnuts)
  • Truffles
  • Hot chocolate
  • Coffee, tea

Cafes

Overview of Chocolateria San Churro

When you eat chocolate from San Churro, you're indulging in an experience from the oldest chocolate culture in Europe. Our menu incorporates the best of Spanish chocolate and Hot Chocolate imported from Spain as well as Churros and other traditional Spanish sweets. We guarantee you will find something to Sweeten thy Soul.

Add a Review for Chocolateria San Churro

User Reviews of Chocolateria San Churro, Parramatta

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Food  9      Coffee  6      Ambience  7      Service  8      Value  10

The allure of a ‘two for one’ deal on churros led us to the city of Parramatta, where I enjoyed a lovely afternoon snack!

Food:
    This was my second visit to San Churro so I knew what to expect in terms of the tasting plate with dipping chocolate, which was such a delight last time I came. On this visit, however, I wanted more of their famous churros, which are Spanish donuts that are made with batter and then deep fried, with the distinctive ridge shape lightly dusted with icing sugar. Most distinctively, they’re straight, rather than round like traditional donuts! With the tasting plate, we got a large pot of milk chocolate that was lit by a candle, and then had metal tongs to pick up brownie pieces, strawberries, pretzels and churros to dip into the gooey liquidy goodness!

blogRead more on my blog

Mar 05, 2014

Anyone who rates this place seriously wouldn't know good chocolate if it hit them in the face. While this place has a decent ambience everything I tried was rubbish. I got a banana hot chocolate, the concept could have worked if it were a decent hot chocolate to start with. It was seriously heated yogo (the kids yogurt treat with the gorilla) and you could tell that poor quality chocolate was used. My friend had a cold chocolate, which tasted like cold yogo with ice-cream. My other friend got a sundae, had a nibble of her churro and it was gross, way undercooked and almost tasted savoury. I thought this place was renown for it's churros? Hmmm. You've lost me. Go to max where it is slightly pricier but guaranteed to be delicious!

Feb 09, 2013

I have been to San Churros three times. The first two times were great, the last time not so great. On the last occasion the place was packed and I think they were just throwing the churros in the oil without checking the quality of the oil. As a result, the churros tasted quite dirty. On the first two occasions when it was not so busy, the churros were excellent. The milkshakes and hot chocolate are very good. I will come back again, hoping that the oil is clean!

Oct 27, 2012

Having heard good things about this special Spanish place and people talking about it, I decided to check it out finally. I used to walk past this cafe and the place was always full so if that was anything to go by, then this place should be good!

But honestly, I found Chocolateria San Churro just average. The food didn't wow me, I just found it pretty standard. The ambience of the place was good though- with wooden chairs and tables. It felt very much like an old-style house because of the decor.

There are 3 places where you can choose to sit: outside, bottom level inside and the top floor. My friend and I sat upstairs and that was quite cosy. Moving on to the food, we ordered: Green tea, Choc Banana Sundae, Strawberry Milkshake.

I like how the tea came in a complete pot with a mini strainer for the leaves and you can pour it onto the mug yourself. We're not sure what kind of tea leaves were used but it smelt nice, like cherries. It reminded me of car freshener.

Although I wanted to try the churros, it kind of felt like a rip-off to me as 3 pieces cost about $7.90, if I remember correctly! That's pretty pricey just for 3 pieces! A dipping sauce comes along with that, by the way.

In the end, I just chose to order the sundae (which is new to their menu) because at least I have a bowl of ice cream that also has 3 short pieces of churros, therefore, I get to taste everything! The sundae tasted pretty ordinary to me. The nuts, cream and chocolate ice cream can all be easily replicated at home and I understand that there was also melted chocolate mixed in it. What I didn't like about the melted chocolate was that it turned solid after about 5-10 minutes! I had a few chunks left on my bowl afterwards as I couldn't eat it anymore as it had gotten so hard!

The milkshake was pretty mediocre, nothing extraordinary.

Service is okay, we both had a man and a lady who served us. The man looked pretty annoyed when I requested a bottle of water, he didn't say anything, just turned and left and when he came back, it was the same attitude.

I think I would go back to this place just to give it another chance and, perhaps, try the churros next time as the sundae had already let me down.

Green Tea Strawberry Milkshake Choc Banana Sundae

Oct 01, 2012

Always busy but if you can get a nice table upstairs then it's great. We usually get the mocha and the azteca hot chocolates. Sometimes the strawberries if we feel like it. The hot chocolate is, well, rich and chocolatey. If you're into hot chocolate you'll like it here. Prices are pretty ordinary, around $5 for one serve.

Aug 14, 2012

Best white hot chocolate mochas in the west! Have yet to be disappointed. Always busy but well worth the wait.

Aug 01, 2012

I have been here a few times and honestly, it does have some great features but overall it is average. My friends love this place and I'm generally the minority voting for somewhere else. It's quite an expensive place.

The food here is okay, the churros and chocolate can be quite delicious. However, I ate here a week ago and my churros were cooked so poorly. So disappointing. Service is generally good too.

Not a fan of the layout. It's also always so noisy here. I get frustrated here very quickly because I can never hear what the other person has to say. Avoid when this place is busy. On quiet nights it is okay though.

I wish they'd introduce more soft drink/juice or something to cater for the people who don't want/can't drink hot chocs/coffees etc. I had an awful pulpy juice brand here once that was expensive. Suggested to my friend that we should go elsewhere next time if she wanted a coffee, just so there is an option for me. The water bottles they have on offer for the tables is a good idea, but the glasses are never clean. I avoid these.

Although I don't really have a sweet tooth and would be quite happy to avoid dessert places, however, friends do really enjoy this place.

Jul 27, 2012

Churros with dipping sauce are amazing! Fondue for 2 is also quite good -> churros, peanuts, pretzels, banana, strawberry, choc brownie + 2 dipping sauces

May 17, 2012

I Love churros! I indulge in them every so often. (they're always fresh) I love the hot milk dipping chocolate. The only disappointment is that the staff don't fill the little take away jar of chocolate all the way and is only enough for one and a half churro.

Its located on church st, so difficult to find parking, I walk there anyway, and all the senseless people revving their cars right on the traffic light. Although the staff are great, the music is good, and great selection of desserts!

churro in milk choc

Feb 22, 2012

San Churro is a chocolate lovers heaven. Churros are Argentinean doughnuts and the staple item on the menu that is a must with your choice of sauces including milk, dark, white or caramel. Couple this with a lovely mocha or hot chocolate and you're left with a wonderful sugar rush.

Nov 14, 2011

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Chocolateria San Churro Chocolateria San Churro Chocolateria San Churro churro in milk choc Green Tea Strawberry Milkshake Choc Banana Sundae