Phamish

Parking Station

Notes

No bookings

Overview of Phamish

Phamish is a small restaurant along Burton Street that's renowned for its modern take on Vietnamese cuisine. They have become so famous that its outdoor dining space--set under tents--actually extends far bigger its venue. Patrons unceasingly flock in during dinner not minding their very modest fitout. While those who can't fit in or don't like the crowds resort to deliveries and takeaways.

Phamish, after all, have a host of fresh, healthy offerings from Vietnam. Their menu include rice paper rolls, rice flour dumplings, and salads. They also have curries and stir-fries that are great paired with wine. Phamish is a favoured dining place for groups looking forward to a great night out or to simply delightful South Asian fare.

Add a Review for Phamish

User Reviews of Phamish, Darlinghurst

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Food  10      Coffee  1      Ambience  8      Service  10      Value  9

This is my boyfriend and i's favorite restaurant for a casual Friday or Saturday night. We went here for our second date and are still going here all the time 9 months later. Its our place.

We order Yellow chicken curry and the sesame lamb. They both come to the table within 10 minutes of ordering, every time has been flavorsome and yummy. Service is perfect. Wouldn't go or even want to try a different Vietnamese restaurant.

May 26, 2013

Service  1

It was my first experience of Phamish tonight and I couldn't be less impressed. I ordered the rice paper rolls, which I had been told by my friend I was with, were delicious and I ordered the noodles with prawns. The rice paper rolls were dry and did not taste good. It later transpired that they were the vegetarian rolls, which was not what we had ordered. We told the staff this. The cashier came over and basically told us we were lying, that we did order the vegetarian roles and refused to take any responsibility or amend the situation. The customer service was appalling. I do not appreciate being called a liar and the food was not that great. I will never return here again.

Apr 21, 2013

Great value and delicious flavour, $10 for a most delicious vegetable curry with rice - sauce was spicy and had a great flavour and $2 for Tea made for a highly recommended dining experience.

Dec 15, 2012

Really enjoyed eating here, very popular though and
    hard to get a seat, if you arrive later seats are easier to get but, unfortunately, they sell out of the favourites, good food reasonable price and I found the staff really helpful and happy.

Dec 10, 2012

Rice paper rolls were ridiculously cheap and fresh! We loved it! highly recommended is the green papaya and beef salad. Crisp, fresh, and beautiful flavours.

Dec 02, 2012

Definitely worth visiting. This Vietnamese restaurant serves fresh, great food and the Blue Swimmer Crab Dumplings and Papaya and Beef Salad are definitely things to try. However, Phamish does not take bookings, and there can be quite a wait to get a seat.

Oct 05, 2012

Phamish serves up Vietnamese food with a modern twist and Chinese influences, like their delicious salt and pepper squid and prawns wrapped in crispy noodles. They also do succulent duck and prawn pancakes, though these are a little on the messy side to eat. The prices are closer to the premium end of the market for Vietnamese food due to the Darlinghurst location, but it's worth a visit to try out something a bit different.

Sep 17, 2012

'www.excusemewaiter.com'

We finished with soft shell crab. This was described on the menu board as crab lightly battered and tossed in salt and pepper, garlic and chilli, lemongrass and shallots. We expected a lot more from this dish. The crab was cooked perfectly. It was light and delicate. Sadly though we both agreed that the whole dish lacked flavour.

Jul 16, 2012

Heard a lot of great things about Phamish and finally made my way here tonight. Got here for 6:30pm. Whilst we were seated very quickly, the seats are terribly uncomfortable! We ordered the rice paper rolls with prawns and chicken, the blue swimmer crab dumpling, crispy chicken with oranges and the beef casserole.

Food was good and fresh, portion sizes are generous and 2 mains and 2 entrees were probably too much for just 2 girls! whilst the food was good, I probably had really high expectations. Good place but probably slightly too hyped up.

Jul 11, 2012

In over 25 years of eating in Sydney restaurants I've never actually been asked to leave and I'm not one to linger but at Phamish, after paying full restaurant prices (that's about $75 for 2 people w/o alcohol), after our half full bottle of wine was whisked away, we were asked to leave because others were waiting for our table. I'm never going there again, Sydney has too many good options to go to, to tolerate such rudeness.

Jul 06, 2012