Hazelhurst Gallery Cafe

Add a Review for Hazelhurst Gallery Cafe

User Reviews of Hazelhurst Gallery Cafe, Gymea

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Food  6      Coffee  6      Ambience  9      Service  3      Value  6

First time we went was a busy Sunday morning and service was slow. Second time not so busy and service was slow! They seemed unorganised. We waited for 20minutes before staff come near us. Lovely surroundings though. Forgotten meal, coffees came before meal when we specifically requested after meal. Coffee was good.

Mobile Review Nov 08, 2014

Food  7      Coffee  7      Ambience  7      Service  8      Value  6

Had a great burger made with brioche and wagyu beef. Great service, good coffee and ambiance, however a little overpriced, (owned by the council).

Feb 26, 2014

We often go here for family get togethers due to the great garden for the kids to roam around in and amuse themselves. Thought the regularly poor service was due to the fact we're generally there for mothers day or the week before christmas but went there recently and still we got ignored on a quiet day for 15 minutes and then we left. They may have great pavlova and a good green space but I'm sick of the atrocious service and won't be back again.

Feb 15, 2014

Food  8      Coffee  7      Ambience  9      Service  8      Value  8

Was pleasantly surprised to come here (by accident due to some big thing down at Cronulla) on a drizzly Sunday in Spring. Had a very nice breakfast with the wife, my sister and brother in law, plus their adorable little man. Nothing was a hassle and they gave us a good table to make sure the pram was not in the way. The open airy space is great and I imagine on a sunny day it is even better, nice and bright.

Coffees were pretty good and brought out quickly, the food seemed to be a resounding success. I had the big breakfast and it was good grub, generous serving, nicely prepared and all items were spot on. Everyone left empty plates and the service was efficient.

Sep 16, 2013

Food  9      Coffee  8      Ambience  7      Service  10      Value  8

I really enjoyed it at Hazelhurst Gallery Cafe. The service was really exceptional. I have twice come for breakfast and lunch, and really enjoyed both times. It was definitely worth staying for dessert and coffee after lunch as the pavlova was amazing. Will definitely be back here again.

May 31, 2013

I agree with Tex R. The staff were very friendly and quick. The food was 10 out of 10. I had the prawn hotpot and can honestly say it was the best entrée I have ever eaten. Absolutely world class.

The wine list is certainly lacking though reasonably priced. You're not jammed in like sardines. There is plenty of room and it's open and airy. Personally, i found the experience to be better than Summer Salt or Sealevel. If they had a better wine list it would be faultless...

I wanted to eat desert because I have had desert there for lunch, which was outstanding, but both my wife and I were full. The beef wellington was a substantial serving and very nice. Compliments to the chef and kitchen staff!!

Feb 17, 2013

Ambience  6      Service  1

Lovely spot - shame the service is terrible. Waited 35 minutes for a coffee. Was put at a table with no shade in 32 degree heat. Ended up having to go to the counter and order a takeaway. But sitting in the shady park in front of the cafe was very pleasant. Coffee was good too.

Jan 06, 2013

I cannot reconcile my experience of dining at Hazelhurst with the other reviews on here.

With three others I dined on a Saturday night and found the whole experience very enjoyable. It was a good quality restaurant experience, certainly not what you'd expect in a cafe or cafeteria, or from a Council, so I was surprised to see those complaints.

I found the service to be very prompt, efficient and courteous, and there was no waiting at all.

The food was outstanding. I started with the crocodile which was excellent, so often overcooked but not here. The deconstructed beef wellington was an interesting idea and very beautifully cooked and presented. My fellow diners had the trout entree at main course size and the barramundi and chips. The only complaint was that the horseradish cream sauce might have been a bit heavily plated. There certainly was plenty of it.

I followed with chocolate tasting plate which was superb, as was the pomegranate pavlova I managed to taste as well.

My only other complaint would be the wine-list. If you are going to have a piccolo it should be decent not alcoholised lemonade. The Shiraz was ok for the price though.

The best part of the evening was the amount of space around our table and the beauty and quietness of the garden setting at sunset. How often do you get to dine at that standard without noise and feeling crowded in?

Despite the other comments here the prices were very reasonable. Wine, Entree, main and dessert (with some sharing) for four people at $50 per head? That is very good value if you ask me.

Dec 11, 2012

After reading the reviews I was a bit apprehensive of going there for a meal. We arrived at 12.30 and were shown straight to a table (they are a little small) and were handed menus and not long after we made our choice the main arrived with the glass of wine which we had requested to wait until we were served.

I had the salmon on potato rosti and my girlfriend has the pork belly. Both were delicious and the dessert of creme brulee and pavlova did not disappoint either. Altogether it was a great meal and in beautiful surroundings. There were a lot of people there but could not complain about the service or the attitude of the staff. A thoroughly enjoyable meal.

Dec 09, 2012

I have been here a few times over the years and have always had bad service, today included. Such a lovely spot but spoilt but staff who ignore your presence. Today had to ask for menus then had to get up to find someone to take our order. The lady who ended up taking our order & bringing our food was pleasant enough which is why I gave a 2 & not 1. I find it strange the place is still so popular, I doubt I will go back.

Oct 05, 2012