Fresh User Reviews in Sydney

aerobixangel reviewed Reuben & Moore, Sydney CBD

Cafes

Overall 5.9  9

Ambience  6      Service  8      Value  6

Had a pulled pork burger (which was rather dry - needed more butter or something on the bread - very fluffy though) and a reuben (which was ok but nothing compared to those we had in the USA). Keep trying though guys, we'll be back if we're ever local again.

Apr 24, 2014

FayeG reviewed Cafe at Lewers, Emu Plains

Cafes, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Child Friendly, Licensed

Overall 7.9  27

Ambience  1      Service  1

We used to eat here fairly regularly but the service has really gone downhill. A friend and I went for brunch today, waited several minutes to be seated, then waited almost a half hour and they still had not taken our order, when I asked the waitress if we should go to the counter to order she was really rude and said they were very busy. Yet only half of the tables were full!

Staff hadn't even bothered to wipe down the tables either. We walked out and went to another far better cafe in Penrith. On the way out the waitress was standing behind the cash register doing not very much at all. We won't be going back unless the cafe changes ownership or hires decent floor staff.

Diabolical serviceā€¦ which is a shame because the food is pretty nice.

catty80 reviewed Bitton Cafe & Grocer, Alexandria

Cafes, French, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch, Serves Takeaway

Overall 7.3  114

Excellent food at reasonable prices. The lemon tart was to die for. Parking right out the front, great service. Not much to fault really. Their outdoor area could be a lot nicer and I could do without the kid-friendly playroom but you can't have everything!

LuvFood2000 reviewed The Grounds of Alexandria, Alexandria

Cafes, Bakeries, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good for Brunch

Overall 7.4  106

Food  7      Coffee  7      Ambience  9      Service  7      Value  6

The actual grounds of this place is no doubt amazing. There's plenty to see, especially for the kids. When we went, they had finally finished with the outdoor area, and they had vendors selling flowers, cheese, pastries, soaps, clothing, and more.

They do take some bookings now, but we hadn't planned ahead enough and so thought we'd brave the crowds. We had an hour wait, so we easily spent the first half hour browsing the nearby Salt Meat Cheese providore and watching the kids play with the animals in the little petting zoo.

They also do takeaway coffee & food, which we might try next time there's a long wait. The coffee was just alright the last time we went. The staff are always running around, and given the crowds, they are pretty quick with the orders.

I've tried a few things there now (breakfast only), and the dishes have been just okay. I think it depends on what you get, as it's a bit hit and miss. I would give it another try, but I might do the takeaway if the wait is too long.

MzzAweewah reviewed Spot Chocolate Bar, The, Liverpool

Cafes, Ample or Convenient Parking, Free Parking, Off Street Parking, Street Parking

Overall 9.8  2

Food  10      Coffee  10      Service  10      Value  10

Had the best ever experience at the spot there customer service was outstanding and the food and shisha were amazing and it was a night to remember. I would recommend in visiting the spot for a tasty dessert or shisha, it was a friendly surrounding for me and my friends to be able to sit and enjoy our night and be able to share a lot of laughs with the waitresses.

Mobile Review Apr 22, 2014

CoffeeSnobster reviewed Cowbell 808, Surry Hills

Cafes, Family Dining, Child Friendly, Outdoor Dining, Serves Takeaway

Overall 7.5  9

Food  9      Coffee  9      Ambience  8      Service  8      Value  8

Great coffee, great food, great atmosphere, great service. Really can't fault this place, apart from having very limited parking options. We generally go quite early so haven't had to queue up yet, but this place gets quite busy. Their coffee is smooth and consistent (my skinny flat white). My partner loves their macchiatos. We've had nothing but great food experiences so far. This place is fast becoming one of our regular haunts now.

CoffeeSnobster reviewed Houlihan Cafe, Chatswood

Cafes, International, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch

Overall 6.4  16

Coffee  9      Ambience  6      Service  5

Seriously good coffee. And amazingly consistent. Both (male) baristas make great coffee (haven't tried the female barista yet). Good cafe atmosphere, good service. Have only eaten here once so can't really comment on the food. I get in my car and venture out to this place practically daily just to get my caffeine hit from these guys (despite there being plenty of other coffee places closer by). Well worth giving them a go next time you're in the area!

Cafes, Austrian, European, German, Modern Australian

Overall 7.1  18

Bring your coat. Great food enormous servings but don't worry they do doggy bags and service is terrific. We went on a voucher but were still treated as very valued customers. We drove over 100k to eat there and the drive was well worth it. Only down point is the restaurant is very drafty.

Mobile Review Apr 22, 2014

miffy7 reviewed Cafe Bello, Burwood

Cafes, Italian

Overall 5.2  67

Food  5      Coffee  5      Ambience  5      Service  5      Value  5

I haven't been back to this cafe in years but recently came to catch up with a friend for lunch but found the experience disappointing. Service was hurried and the food was overpriced for what you get. Cafe is just inside Westfield and while bright and open, it can get very noisy from the foot traffic if your seating near the entrance of the cafe.

LuvFood2000 reviewed Little Kitchen, The, Coogee

Cafes

Overall 7.6  2

Food  8      Coffee  7      Ambience  8      Service  8      Value  7

This is just what Coogee needs. It's on Arden street, but just far enough away from Coogee Bay Road that you'd have to know about it to find it. That's good, because you're more likely to be surrounded by locals. The food is simple yet delicious, and interesting enough (think kedgeree). The staff are friendly and attentive. Been here a few times already and there seems to be variability in the coffee, depending on who's making them. They haven't been open long, but it seems they're finding their feet pretty quickly.

albyrw reviewed Lime and Coconut Cafe, Windsor

Cafes, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Quiet, Child Friendly

Overall 7.2  3

Food  4      Coffee  4      Ambience  8      Service  4      Value  5

Nothing went right for our breakfast at Lime and Coconut. Ordered strong milk coffees but were brought large sized (and therefore weak) coffees instead. Eggs benedict came under a deluge of disgusting fake hollandaise sauce - seriously, this is something they teach on day 2 of catering school. If you can't make your own hollandaise, just don't have benedicts on the menu at all. It's a shame a complaint about this by another reviewer last year has been ignored.

The meals were brought out five minutes apart, so one was cold. The waitress asked us if we wanted salt and pepper (none on the table), peppered both meals, then said "it's already got salt on it". Which meal? We still don't know. Sorry, but isn't it up to us to decide whether we season out meals or not? Very weird. The other meal, an omelette, was fine, but nothing special.

It seems a shame to beat up on this much-hyped new cafe because they seem like nice people. The place was full and we didn't want to complain and embarrass them in front of other customers. But simple basics are sorely lacking at Lime and Coconut. Perhaps look for something a little more down to earth when passing through Windsor.

Cafes, Bakeries, Belgian

Overall 7.7  4

I went to Le Pain Quotidien in the Rocks last week. It's the only LPQ cafe that serves dinner.

What a quirky and cool cafe. They say it's all about 'location, location'. This hidden gem is located in a historic jail in the Rocks. It's certainly got character! :)

I happened to go with a big group on the first night of their brand new menu! I was surprised to see there are a lot more sharable dishes, including huge anti pasto platters, fish cakes and pork belly. The cakes were a hit. I would recommend the Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart and the Lemon Tart.

The service was excellent. The staff were friendly and gave us some great recommendations on menu options.

Overall, the food was fresh and tasty. I would definitely go back again with the Foodie Adventurer's, and recommend to other foodies out there to give it a go! This one will certainly surprise you! It's a fun one. :)

the waiter reviewed Mews Mosman, The, Mosman

Cafes, International, Ample or Convenient Parking, Free Parking, Parking Station

Overall 8.6  1

Food  10      Coffee  7      Ambience  9      Service  9      Value  8

Wow. I love this little restaurant. The place looks great, feels great, tastes amazing. I loved the mews truffle, but I envied my companies stuffed capsicum yamista. I have never scene a restaurant have such a variety of good quality food on offer and not just on a relative to its size but an axiom to small businesses and corporate alike, the place is quaint but its food does not give that impression. and competitive. The crew was friendly, the location was in the centre of Spit Junction yet quite, the local resident on her morning walk stopping by to wave and let her dog have a drink was a nice touch. I live about an hour and a half away in traffic... I'll see you next week. Thank You.

the waiter the waiter
'Browsing'

FoodFreak81 reviewed Coco Cubano, Darlinghurst

Cafes, Cuban, Tapas, Vegetarian, Child Friendly Menus

Overall 5.9  13

Ambience  6      Service  1

Went there to have a coffee. It was hot and we were really tired and thirsty after half an hour walk. Me and my partner ordered for iced flavored latte. We waited for around 20 minutes. The waiter came and said sorry, your drink is on the way. Again after around 5 minutes, he came and said sorry again and told us latter is ready. At last after 5 more minutes he came with 2 cups of coffee. It was hot coffee and I asked him how can that be iced latte. He again said he was sorry, our order was lost and he would fix it. I just said sorry I would like to cancel my order and took off. I heard really good things about their coffee, but they might need to up their service.

suec72 reviewed Little Reds Cafe, Como

Cafes, Gluten Free

Overall 4.6  4

Food  7      Coffee  1      Ambience  2      Service  1      Value  3

Given that this is the only cafe that is walking distance from my home, I am really disappointed about the service and the quality of the coffee. I've tasted better coffee from a vending machine. And they are always so grumpy and unwelcoming. This business really needs the support of the local community and I would suggest that you organise a better blend of coffee and a smile wouldn't hurt either.

Swordsman reviewed Meet Fresh, Eastwood

Cafes, Taiwanese

Overall 4.2  1

Food  3      Coffee  1      Ambience  7      Service  3      Value  7

I was here last night for takeaway, ordered two Supreme Mango Ice Crush. The product was good but the service wasn't excellent. Either they are too busy or the staff are just plain rude. They also don't have the big container where you usually receive the Supreme Mango. Lid wasn't closed properly and I had to remove the containers from the plastic bag to close them properly.

John Dory reviewed Amodus Cafe, Cronulla

Restaurants, Cafes, Modern Australian, BYO, Has Bar

Overall 8.2  6

We dined for lunch mid-week on a beautiful sunny day overlooking North Cronulla Beach. We were welcomed to an outdoor table and presented with menus and wine list without delay. We decided to have the Moroccan Chicken Burger and Classic Fish & Chips which were generous serves and quite tasty. Service was prompt, friendly and helpful, creating a most relaxing occasion. Value for food and drinks was very good and we would consider returning another time.

Cafes, Bakeries, International, Vegetarian, Good for Brunch

Overall 6.6  7

Coffee  7      Ambience  7      Service  7

Coffee was pleasant and the North Bondi view fantastic.

Mobile Review Apr 20, 2014

slimjim reviewed Alphabet St., Cronulla

Cafes, Fusion, Modern Australian, Thai, Hip and Trendy

Overall 5.9  8

Food  1      Coffee  1      Ambience  2      Service  1      Value  2

Worst service I've ever had. Extremely expensive for average Thai food and felt rushed to be out. Really squashy and uncomfortable space. Cheap place trying to be high end... What a shame.

Apr 20, 2014

Restaurants, Cafes, Italian, Pizza, Good for Brunch

Overall 6.7  2

Food  9      Coffee  9      Ambience  9      Service  10      Value  8

I discovered this place by accident - we were only interested in getting a coffee but the staff were so nice and polite and attentive and the pizzas looked really good. I would recommend to anyone who is sick of places who have self-important 12-year old girls who act like they are doing you a favour by serving you and pizzas that make your stomach feel like lead. Well done to the guys who own and run the place.

Apr 20, 2014