Element 6

7.4

Element 6 doesn't have enough review data for a recommendation based on its 4 reviews

7.6

Free Parking

Add a Review for Element 6

User Reviews of Element 6, West Ryde

Food  7      Coffee  6      Ambience  6      Service  9      Value  7

Sydney's obsession with weekend brekky & coffee sees a whole page in Saturday's SMH devoted to the latest fashionable cafes compared to half a page for lunch and dinner. Sydney is now about lazy mornings and big breakfasts...

Catching up with a long-time friend, we decided to meet here for brunch/lunch on a Saturday after my neighbour recommended this place. This Hipster Cafe feels more at home in grungy Newtown than suburban West Ryde. They've carefully designed their Gen-Y brand from the funky ambience down to the cute rough paper menus on mini-clipboards.

By the time we arrived, there was already a queue for the small number of inside cramped tables. We opted for an outside table on the footpath next to people sitting on stools and eating on makeshift crates next to the gutter (hilarious). Saw others eating interesting dishes served in frypans, so decided to order the same.

I ate the Spicy Moroccan Eggs with Haloumi (delicious) and drank a Flat White (average). My friend ate Granola with Yoghurt & Fruit Compote (good) and drank a Belgian Hot Chocolate (good). Great plate presentation with cutlery in a kid's sand bucket. Impressed with the friendliness of young waitstaff (unusual in Sydney cafes where rudeness is the norm these days). Good value with lots of interesting dishes on offer. Obvious that people come for the cooked brekky here.

This cafe is unique in the Northern Suburbs where boring Michels Patisserie, sanitised Gloria Jeans & cheap McCafe mega-brands dominate. Very popular, so come early and taste something that is refreshingly different!

Jul 14, 2014

Food  8      Coffee  7      Ambience  8      Service  7      Value  8

Came here for brunch on Saturday morning. We had the chorizo roll, and the grilled mushroom with 2 eggs and toast. Food was OK, coffee was OK. It wasn't outstanding but it was a pleasant experience. Service was a little chaotic, as I was left waiting when I entered. I wanted to put my name on the waiting list but the girl taking names was running around too much to stop and take notice until I stopped her. Then when we were waiting for our meals, a waitress came out with a dish but she didn't know which table had ordered it. All in all, not a bad experience, and if I was in the area I'd go back. Prices were OK.

Apr 14, 2014

Wow, what a great little place tucked away on the dreary side of West Ryde Station. Had morning tea here - hot chocolate, tea and sticky date pudding. Service was exceptionally friendly, food was tasty and the atmosphere was cosy (however, we could only secure an outside table). I was just surprised to find the hip young crowd looking strangely out of place in this very pedestrian shopping strip.

Feb 02, 2013

Great quirky little cafe.

Nov 09, 2012

Featured Offers

Jah Bar » Manly
    50% Off Food Bill (Dinner). Book online now!

Get news, specials and deals

Element 6