Driftwood Cafe & Homeware

6.3
4.6

Driftwood Cafe & Homeware Details

Driftwood Cafe & Homeware Address

Level 1, Shop 4, 18 Ocean St.
Narrabeen NSW 2101

Driftwood Cafe & Homeware Contact Info

Cafes

Add a Review for Driftwood Cafe & Homeware

User Reviews of Driftwood Cafe & Homeware, Narrabeen

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Food  1      Coffee  4      Ambience  4      Service  1      Value  1

We went there for a quick bite. Ha - there is no quick anything at Driftwood! We ordered two coffees and a bruschetta to share. I mean, seriously, how long does it take to take some iced cold, flavourless chopped up tomato and onion from the fridge, where it had clearly been there for weeks, and throw it on two slabs of dry white toast? Well I can tell you at Driftwood it takes more than 40 minutes! Coffee came about half an hour before the bruschetta and was average. The place was busy, I can't imagine why people still go there. We won't be back.

Jul 25, 2013

Have been there out of convenience many times. Disappointed in the same ways every time, which has compelled me to write a review. Staff are shockingly rude to each other and customers.

It always takes 30 minutes for coffee to arrive. When asking about it after 30 minutes, I got berated by staff for bothering them. Coffee was also wrong and a replacement took 15 minutes.

The food is average, it is often over cooked and cold. Thank you to the blonde lady, you are very sweet. To the black haired, overly tanned lady, you are the silliest woman. You waste your time on 'busy work' and complain about your staff being slow.

Do you actually do anything but be miserable? I hope you listen to everyone's feedback, it could be such a great place if management was better.

Feb 11, 2013

Unbelievably awful with shocking attitude to boot! We ate here mid week in December on a quiet day, arriving around 1.30 with appointments to get to at 2.30. There was only one other couple in the cafe already with their food so you would not think the timing was an issue. Our eggs came out at about 2.10 ice cold. Not warm or close to warm, ice cold.

My friends meal had hollandaise sauce which was so cold it had congealed and had a thick skin on it. We told the waitress who turned on her heel and disappeared. I had to go in to get cutlery and heard her telling the manager we reckoned our meals were cold. The manager came out and asked us what the problem was - we explained they were cold.

Firstly she challenged this and said what do you mean by cold how cold? When we said ice cold - and look at the hollandaise sauce - she said hollandaise sauce is meant to be cold! My friend said you are welcome to stick your finger into my eggs to see how cold they are - they are cold through to the middle- and she said well what do you want me to do about it?

Well let me count the ways you could do something about it - make us another lot(quickly), give us a refund, offer vouchers. Instead she turned on her heel, disappeared and avoided us for the rest of our remaining time there. Unfortunately starving and no sign of an alternative till after our appointments we had to gobble the cold eggs and have lived on to tell everyone about our memorably awful experience. At this cafe you pay when you order so there is fat chance of refusing to pay afterwards. All I can say is never again.

Jan 27, 2013

Went in for a Sunday lunch and was disappointed. Food was very overpriced. The glasses and bottle that held the water were very clearly dirty.

The food serving size on one of the dishes was tiny, especially for the price and the service was really poor. There appeared to be two ladies in charge, both very abrupt, loud and rude. One lady brought us our menus and rather than answer my question of "Hi, how are you?" she yelled at a staff member. Upon leaving I went to say thank you, the lady rudely ignored me and picked up her mobile phone to make a call.

To top it off we were overcharged. Next door was way better value and served much tastier food when we ate there last week. Don't recommend Driftwood at all.

Jan 13, 2013

We have been coming here for years and in the last week while the quality of the food and service has gone down quite a bit. We have kept coming back hoping that each time was just an, unfortunately, fluke and that next time it would be better, unfortunately, today is the last time we will be going to eat here, and we will be advising friends and family of a new place to eat as well.

I think the main problem is that the kitchen staff are unable to understand any deviation from menu items, the staff are often too frenzied and busy to remember things like cutlery, and sometimes they forget to bring out ordered sides or one of the meals of a party member.

Today specifically, I ordered a meal sans salmon as I am allergic, and it came out with salmon. When I asked them to make it without salmon, they just transferred to a different plate and with the same food re-arranged it. That is fine if I am not allergic to salmon, but there were still bits of salmon stuck to the eggs and hashbrowns. Very poor after explaining allergy.

We may try Driftwood again in several months to see if there is any improvement, but in the meantime, I don't recommend trying your luck.

Oct 07, 2012

Very disappointing! I would not recommend. Even though they do not give full table service they still seem to get it wrong. My breakfast arrived after everyone else had finished theirs and our coffees came even later. Food dull. Simple requests such as syrup on the side ignored. I could make a better egg and bacon roll at home. They seem to only have one highchair so maybe BYO booster if you dare go. No toilet on site.

Jan 02, 2012

Service  2

These reviews sound like they belong to Driftwood Cafe at Terrigal. For a tourist area the staff have a lot to learn about service. Coffee was good.

Jan 01, 2012

4 of us dined here during the Easter long weekend, it's one of the only cafes in the area (south narrabeen). For starters we had a couple of plates of chorizo sausage served with aoili with a dab of pesto and toasted sliced bread, hmm I thought they could have put more sausage on the plate and we ordered 3 of them, taste was ok. We all ordered burgers, 2 of us had the chicken burgers, mine was a bit dry and bland, I like my burger buns with sauce which I added myself, the others had the steak burger all comes with shoestring fries.

Great coffee, will be back probably not for food though but I do like the coffee here. Service: for a sit down place they should have table service, shame though as there is no competition from this place within walking distance. I have also had breakfast here on many occasions, their breakfast chef is good and quality is great, portions are on the smaller side though so I find that if I'm really hungry the eggs Benedict won't fill me up, order some extra toast on the side.

May 29, 2011

'Good day for some warm sweet rice pudding'

Went there for lunch and the wait staff were pleasant but that is as good as it got. The floors were filthy and the food was horrible. We ordered two burgers and a couple of kid's meals. The burgers were lifeless and bland with not much filling at all, basically $16.50 for a bread roll and tasteless chips. Never again!

Dec 13, 2010

I love coming hear for breakfast, ocean breaky with a side a bacon, very nice! GF orders the porridge which looks very nice too. I have not been for lunch or dinner as service is pay at the counter style which I don't really like. Very popular with lycra wearing cyclist. Will be back (for breakfast).

Dec 06, 2010