Citrus Espresso Bar

Add a Review for Citrus Espresso Bar

User Reviews of Citrus Espresso Bar, Newtown

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Food  3      Coffee  6      Ambience  5      Service  4      Value  4

Breakfast at this cafe is not worth the trouble, I'm afraid. With so much competition I'm surprised their food is so bland and ordinary and the service vague and slow. Requests are completely ignored - crispy bacon came out undercooked and slimy. Eggs not cooked as requested after they ask how we want them. We made a very friendly comment about it and they look blankly. Seems like orders and requests are not sent to the chef at all. Waited forever for a fruit platter only to pay $15 for a bit of sliced pear and rockmelon. Felt like they walked to the IGA while I waited and grabbed the blandest fruit on sale. There are so many better options nearby I would give this a miss.

Mobile Review Feb 08, 2014

Food  7      Coffee  7      Ambience  6      Service  7      Value  7

Haven't been here for a while but everything from breakfasts to salads is huge and good value.

Jul 07, 2013

Food  7      Coffee  7      Ambience  6      Service  7      Value  8

5 is average. 7 is a genuine good score. Sitting on main street in Newtown does provided a good feeling to the place, but nothing more than every other place on king street, except they make it there own.

Their staff are pretty solid. No one has made a mistake on an order, but they also don't take notes which doesn't really impress me when you forgot my friends hash brown. No real big deal, place was slow and we got it in about 3-4 minutes but that sort of thing only works if everything is always perfect (only happened once of my several visits).

Barista was good, and the value wasn't to bad either! We did question a glass of wine after our meal but that was just out of range for the casual occasion.

May 29, 2013

'Browsing'

I have been coming here regularly for several months because the food, coffee and service are consistently good. In fact, the staff are very courteous and enthusiastic about their work and know what they're doing.

I sometimes sit here for lengthy periods on my laptop and I've seen many customers come and go. The courtesy and consideration that I've seen the staff pay their customers is always 10/10 (Really).

I've read some of the negative comments and I'm not sure that I would trust them to be real. ಠ_ಠ

I am real. My name is Lee. I am a software developer. I have an afro. I use an Asus laptop. t(ツ)_/¯

Sep 07, 2012

An awful cafe in a pimpin location. I have been numerous times over the years and service is very standard at best and the desserts are ok.

Aug 12, 2012

My husband and I came here today for cakes and today's selection was limited. But we went for the ricotta cheesecake as well as the raspberry (like previous) and we found the ricotta very dry and bland in taste. Still the raspberry cheesecake was nice and the chai latte we ordered came in a giant sized mug. Service continues to be very friendly and this cafe is one we will continue to come for cake cravings.

April 10, 2011 - I have come here often for their wide selection of cakes on display. Last night we managed to nab a booth table which was comfy and perfect to just sit, relax and chat. We ordered the nut tiramisu, white choc and raspberry cheesecake and ricotta cheesecake. They are usually decent servings perfect with a side of ice cream. Service is always friendly and with a smile.

Jul 07, 2012

I have been going to this restaurant for over 9 years and the last two years this cafe has really gone down hill. The food that I have eaten here was terrible. However, when we told the waitress that our food wasn't very good, she smiled and ignored our comments. Every time I eat here I am disappointed so I won't be coming back.

Apr 25, 2012

There was hair in my breakfast! The senior staff tried to tell me I was making it up (and was quite rude to us for complaining), although the waitress agreed when took the plates away. We didn't get all of our order, and our drinks were offered to a different table! The waffles were undercooked and doughy. First and last time here. Pick up your acts.

Apr 15, 2012

I went to Citrus with a friend after doing a lap of King St late on a saturday nite in the hopes of finding a nice cafe serving a good selecton of coffee and cakes to cap off the evening. We were greeted by who I gather was the owner or manager for the evening, and he was very hospitable, answering our million questions about the choices of cakes available (all of which looked quite yummy), the waitresses were sending us the orders for another table, the waitresses seemed to have a hard time remembering which table an order was for.

But the cakes we ordered were divine and quite a big slice, and I also ordered a chai, which came in a huge cup. I wasn't able to finish the cake or the chai coz they were both such big servings, as much as I wanted to finish it both and they use real tea leaves for the tea, always a bonus these days in cafes.

Feb 26, 2012

Had breakfast here this morning and was very disappointed. The owner was making coffees and only one other staff member on. The coffees took forever, the food delivered by the kitchen staff and were cold, then while we were still drinking our coffees, the senior staff asked if we could leave as there were people waiting. We complained to the owner and all he could say was sorry while smiling and almost ran away. Won't be going there ever again.

Jan 15, 2012