Cafe Saligna

Add a Review for Cafe Saligna

User Reviews of Cafe Saligna, West Pennant Hills

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Food  1      Coffee  1      Ambience  9      Service  1      Value  1

Absolute disgrace to its surroundings, I'm appalled at the menu, not kid friendly at all, not budget friendly or palate friendly either. After wading through the terrible service I ended up with two of my favourite foods, fish cakes and salad. Salad - no dressing, some leaves, and a de-skinned warm capsicum limply straggled across the few leaves there were. Fish cakes - these were not fish cakes. Unless you count leaving mash potato in the sun until it's brown and gone off, then blending some sub-par ingredients and chucking that in too. Wish I had read the damn reviews before I had tried this place. If you do try it, take a mentos to get rid of the after taste.

Aug 14, 2014

Coffee  1      Ambience  4      Service  1      Value  1

What a woeful excuse for a cafe. 20 minute wait just to see a menu. No chance of anyone taking an order. Eventually left unfed after when realised four other tables were in the same position. This is the 3rd bad experience with this place: 1st - 1 hour wait for service, 2nd -25 mins for a takeaway coffee! 3rd as above. Yes we are slow learners!

Mar 10, 2014

Food  8      Coffee  8      Ambience  9      Service  7      Value  7

Went there today, waitress very attentive, can't complain about the food, coffee the best I have had and I go to other cafes. Cafe does get busy, need to be be patient worth the wait.

Mar 07, 2014

Ambience  7      Service  2      Value  4

Went there today with my wife and 5 month old. Ordered fish cakes, seafood crepe and drinks. We asked to move outside when they had a chance to seat us. Got our drinks and then watched diners come and go till we were the last customers sitting down inside. After an hour we asked how long our food would be. First waitress said the chef was getting right on to it, and two minutes later another waitress returned to say they had run out of both fish cakes and seafood crepes! And never got back to us about moving outside! We went somewhere else.

Feb 23, 2014

Food  3      Coffee  1      Ambience  5      Service  1      Value  5

The beautiful location enables this cafe to lure new customers and peckish regulars who only admire the scenery (such as my mother).

Firstly, there is an old lady who is possibly the owner. She slams the change/plates/anything in sight on you or talks in an abrupt manner (my mother always has this happen to her). The coffee is a joke. The froth on my flat white and mum's latte was filled with airy bubbles. The flavour? It was as if it was made by a broken down instant coffee machine served at seven eleven. I ordered a cheese ham croissant as we were bluntly told that the "heavy breakfast" had stopped at 10:45am (it was 11am, but I'm sure the ingredients had to go to sleep so they could be ready for tomorrows brekky session).

The coffee machine (if they had one), wasn't the only thing out of order but also the microwave, which they evidently chucked the cheese & ham croissant in. My croissant came half cold and soggy at the bottom. The sides of the poor thing were oozing down with a few square grids of melted cheese groping the bottoms of the plate. Luckily at this stage, I had just completed a 30min bush walking trek, so I was too hungry to complain. Although my mother is a peckish and a tolerant regular. I personally will never return.

Feb 20, 2014

Food  5      Coffee  2      Ambience  5      Service  4      Value  4

We arrived at 1030 sat down at a dirty table as that was the only available option as other tables were also uncleared. Then had to wait 10 minutes for menus then 10 minutes to take order. The waitress started to tell us that breakfast orders had stopped we reminded them we had been there for 20 minutes so she took our order. The coffee was good for me but my wife's flat white was so flat not good. The food was average. Overall not a great experience which is a shame as its a great location.

Mobile Review Aug 03, 2013

We had a 1:00pm booking for 5 people for Saturday lunch. We arrived on time and sat for 20 mins before we received any menus. After 45 mins we asked for someone to take our meal orders. At around 2:00 pm a waitress came to take the order from the adjacent table who had arrived 20 mins after us and told us we were next. The other couple agreed that we were there before them so we started to take our order. First request - steak sandwich.

Sorry we are out of steak sandwiches. We managed to order and then waited another 30 mins before the meals arrived. Four meals arrived together but the fish for my 91 yr old mother-in-law took another 10 mins. As we were there to celebrate mothers day this was disgusting to say the least. No-one offered any explanation for the long wait or the miserable service. I would not recommend this cafe to anyone unless they want to spend an hour or so in the nursery while they wait.

ps - the cafe wasn't busy - I wonder why?

May 17, 2013

Staff are unfriendly and had to wait forever to order. I never had to wait so long in any restaurant, to be honest. Thing is, it wasn't even busy.

Aug 05, 2012

Most terrible service and experience we have had at a cafe in awhile. We arrived just after their breakfast menu closed (unbeknownst to us) yet they seated us with breakfast menus. Once the waitress arrived to take our order, which was like 10 minutes later, she was rude, told us we couldn't order anything from the breakfast menu, they were busy, they were out of everything (even bread it seems).

We made an order for two coffees which took forever and then were terrible while we watched them set up a reserved table for 4 next to us with lunch menus, which we were never offered! Terrible value for the menu which is overpriced to begin with and ambience doesn't make up for it.

Don't go unless you like being served by rude waitresses and paying too much for it.

Apr 01, 2012

I visited this cafe with my family and kids and I was so disappointed and angry with the bad service. I waited nearly 10 minutes to be seated with my 3 kids and when I was seated they took over 20 minutes to come and take our order. The food took nearly 30 mins to arrive and it was warm and not hot. All I can say is not to waste your money as the food is over priced and the service and staff were so rude.

Oct 26, 2011