Bills Darlinghurst

wayne@bills.com.au

Chef

Yuji Osaki

Prices $$$

Average Meal Price 26 - based on one main course only (entree could not be calculated)

Breakfast

Mains $24.50-$26.00
Desserts $3.00-$16.50

Prices last updated:  06/2013

Bookings

Bookings are preferred
Bookings available Monday to Friday only.

Mon to Sun 7:30am - 3pm

Available

Specialties

• Ricotta hotcakes, fresh banana & honeycomb butter.
  • Sweetcorn fritters, roasted tomoto, spinach & bacon.
  • Scambled organic eggs with sourdough toast.
  • Wagyu beef burger with beetroot, zucchini pickles & fries.

Cafes

Bills Darlinghurst Awards

2013

SMH Good Cafe Guide 2013 - Hall of Fame

Overview of Bills Darlinghurst

Bills is an international string of restaurants located in Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. Their Darlinghurst, New South Wales branch is one of the eateries nestled housed in a red-bricked edifice on Liverpool Street. This is actually interesting since the fiery exteriors come as a surprising contrast to the immaculate interiors. Its a pristine beauty of white walls and ceilings paired with light parquet flooring sandwiching milk-chocolatey furnishings. Modern lamps on the ceiling and walls housed incandescent bulbs for a softer glow. While vases of fresh flowers on the dining tables give the finishing touches to its cosy vibe.

Speaking of comfort, Bills actually offer food favourites suited for lounging around on delightful mornings. There's eggs, bacon, sauges, toasts, fritters, and pancakes for breakfast and brekkie catered to the Modern Australian taste. While burgers and calamari, among others, are available for lunch.

Add a Review for Bills Darlinghurst

Coffee

Coffee

User Reviews of Bills Darlinghurst

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Sorry but the signature pancake was nothing but boring. Disappointing to see just a couple of regular pancakes and half chopped banana and a simply sliced butter on a plate. Plus some syrup aside. The price doesn't justify. I would appreciate a bit more delicacy in this no brainer dish.

The receptionist was so slow to send us to table, had to wait 15 min in front of bunch of available tables. I will not come back for any other dishes either unless they wake up from celebrity.

Apr 14, 2013

Arrived on a Sunday morning and were told we were first in line for a table for four. A queue formed behind us however after waiting for half an hour we were passed over for the next table by a group that had arrived well after us. The maitre d acknowledged they had simply forgotten about us but was completely unapologetic and offered nothing by way of a gesture to acknowledge the mistake. We're told that we would just have to wait again. Left. Won't go back.

Feb 03, 2013

Firstly, trying Bills for the first time I was disappointed. We came for lunch.

Service: Slow and rude, we waited for a spot and sat down in a free table, the head waiter made us get back up. He was pretending to type on the computer then after 5 minutes then sat us back in the same table. Why?! Such pretentious attitude, we should have left but didn't want to upset my partner.

Food: Average burger for $20, burnt burger bun, meat patty was tasteless compared to Grilled burgers which cost around $12. My latte came in 15 minutes and it was weak, meals came in 30 minutes. Slow.

Ambience: Let's just say the crowd was not local or hipster, more like hotel guest from around the corner. Def not the cool crowd.

Value: you can get better value, food, better friendly service anywhere on Crown st.

Nov 06, 2012

I have always had delicious breakfasts at Bills in Darlinghurst. The eggs are delicious, the juices perfect and the coffee just right. I think the service is warm without being familiar. Well worth a visit.

Oct 22, 2012

The food at Bills is excellent, but the service very poor. Expect to wait, service unbelievably slow. I also was given a decaf flat white when I ordered a flat white. Disappointing.

Mar 04, 2012

I have been looking forward to going to Bills for so long I can't believe it ended up being so disappointing. We walked in and the way the waitress spoke to us made me want to walk out. It was about 9 am on a weekday, it was busy. She was so harrassed and rude (- attitude plus). She said there wasn't a table for us but we could sit at the communal table, I wouldn't have minded sitting at the communal table to have coffee while we waited but that wasn't offered.

There was an available table but she said we couldn't have that as it was booked. My friend asked how it could be booked as she had tried to make a booking and was told she couldn't. The waitress just mumbled something and walked off. We sat at the communal table until a table was available.

Service was very ordinary. I had the famous scrambled eggs, they were tasty. The experience was certainly not what I had hoped for. I love Bill Granger's recipes but I think I may have to cook them at home. Such a shame.

Jun 28, 2011

Been here a few times. Never really seen the reason behind the hype. After our last visit, still can't. The food is Ok but not drive across town spectacular.

Jun 22, 2011

I loved the food, but the service was extremely slow and not very attentive. We waited outside in the rain for about 30 minutes, then waited for the food for 40 minutes. Our waiter was friendly enough and didn't seem to be busy, but it took him 15 minutes to bring out our coffees. When finally our food arrived, this runner girl had to do 3 rounds of back and forth from the kitchen, carrying only one plate at a time. Not impressive at all.

As for the food, ricotta pancake was rather nothing special, but the famous scrambled eggs and corn fritters were really good. I might still go back just for the food.

Apr 11, 2011

Very very bad! Rude and arrogant waiters, poor quality food, very limited menu, no atmosphere and massively overpriced. Avoid at all costs!

Mar 19, 2011

Food  7      Ambience  1      Value  2

Service was abysmal from walking in the door - waitress was rude, didn't speak to us even when she came to take our order. Only saving grace was the food, when it came to paying the waitress came over to the table and announced (embarrassingly) that my card had been declined (she had selected the wrong option for payment) what can I say, I have wanted to go to Bills for a couple of years and have bought all his books - wont be buying any more!

Feb 14, 2011

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Bills Darlinghurst Best Ricotta hotcakes in town!