Bill's Cafe

Add a Review for Bill's Cafe

Coffee

Coffee

User Reviews of Bill's Cafe, McMahons Point

Went to Billi's for the first time on Thursday. The service was attentive and the food delicious and reasonable value and the coffee was excellent.

Aug 26, 2012

I've been to Billi's for years since I moved to this lovely area in 2005. The food is always great, especially the breakfast, good variety, and reasonable price. They've got outside area which I love the most, relaxing atmosphere. This is probably my favorite breakfast/lunch place on north shore, good coffee is the highlight.

Mar 29, 2011

I wish I'd read others reviews! First time we went, coffee was great. Second time it was burnt and undrinkable. After politely pointing this out (as I rarely complain) I was abused, told the barista had made coffee for 10 years and doesn't burn coffee! No replacement, offer of milk, etc. Simply expected payment. Left and won't be going back. I strongly recommend staying away!

Jan 14, 2011

Should have read the reviews before going! They take so long to serve! We received our coffees within 10 minutes of ordering but had to wait a good 30 minutes for our breakfast. We noticed that everyone is kept waiting a long time before being served. At least in our case the service staff were friendly.

In terms of the food, the fruit salad was a complete rip off at $8 and there was an overwhelming vinegar flavour in the poached eggs. The good points are the coffee, the big breakfast and the outdoor seating in warm weather.

Dec 16, 2010

All of the reviews below about the appalling service and indifferent attitude at this place are correct. My partner and I came here for a Sunday lunch. I can't comment on the food because we didn't get any.

We ordered scrambled eggs with toast and sides (not complex dishes you would think). After waiting 40 minutes we asked the waitress how long our food would be. She said she would get back to us but never did. After waiting 50 minutes we told her if we didn't get our food in 5 minutes we would leave. It didn't arrive and there was no explanation. I noticed that very few tables actually had food, most people were waiting. We proceeded to pay (for tea) and leave.

When we told a senior staff person about the problem she was completely indifferent and offered no apology. In fact she did better than this, she started yelling out her personal problems and abused us for being 'unsupportive'. Any restaurant or cafe that treats its customers with such contempt should not be in business.

Aug 24, 2009

Do not eat here. The senior staff is abusive and arrogant. The service is appalling and the food is average.

My partner and I live within walking distance of this cafe and have been here several times due to the convenient location. We even gave it a second chance after one very average meal involving very rubbery poached eggs. But after our lunch there today we will never be eating here again. After waiting 40 minutes my partner asked what the wait would be on our meals and the senior staff was very aggressive and rude, dismissing us completely. When I asked again 10 minutes later I was yelled at that the food was being plated.

This guy is going to run this mediocre cafe into the ground.

Jun 28, 2009

Went here for brunch/lunch with my partner and a relative visiting from interstate. It was nice to have the choice of breakfast and lunch type food. The scrambled egg, pancakes and chicken roll were great and the atmosphere, sitting outside lovely, on a summer day. The waiter was snooty and the food took a really long time to come out. What a pity that Bill's is let down by slowness and waiters who think being snobby is somehow a virtue.

The value for money though was great. We pay that much regularly in not too clean, not too great places all over the inner west whereas at Bill's you get great food and good wine and coffee for the same price. But I would seriously think again about going in the future, because when you go out and want to relax, you just don't need the attitude.

Jan 29, 2009

My friends and I went there to have brunch and ordered the pancakes. You wouldn't think that all of us ordering pancakes would cause the kitchen to have a meltdown but that's what obviously happened!! While we kept seeing food come out we waited over an hour for our order to arrive. When we inquired where our food was, the rude waitress made it out to be our fault because we had ordered our maple syrup on the side (seriously!!).

Then to top it all off were almost abused by the same waitress for questioning why we would all have one and a half pancakes on our plate. That's their serving size apparently. Hard to believe that a kitchen staff would bother to make a full size pancake and the proceed to cut it in half. Given there were three of us we wondered where the last half of the pancake would have ended up! Overall a brunch disaster and a waste of money.

Sep 01, 2008

Love it! My favourite Sunday morning brunch place. They have the yummiest bacon, scrambled egg and sausage wrap. The prawn and tomato linguine is also a favourite.

Nov 12, 2007

My boyfriend and I went for an early Sunday lunch and grabbed a table outside which was very pleasant. Thought it was a little odd that our smoothies (delicious though they were) were served in plastic takeaway cups. We had to wait quite a while for our food but they were fairly busy. I had a tandoori chicken salad which was nice enough but nothing amazing. Good size portion though.

Oct 26, 2007

Featured Offers

Jah Bar » Manly
    50% Off Food Bill (Dinner). Book online now!

Get news, specials and deals