Babycakes by Renee

Coffee

Coffee

User Reviews of Babycakes by Renee, Summer Hill

Page: 1 2 3 Next

I purchased baby cakes from summer hill several years ago and they were perfect. The icing was smooth, glossy and perfectly applied. The baby cakes were perfect creations, had risen above the paper cases, there wasn't cake dripped on the paper and it was impossible for the home cook to replicate.

Last weekend, I went to baby cakes and was extremely disappointed with the quality. It was evident that the baby cakes were not by Renee and appeared to have been home made. The icing was thick and poorly applied, the mixture did not rise above the paper cases and the paper cases looked messy and unattractive. Charged $1.20 and were overpriced for the standard and quality.

May 30, 2012

Food  7      Ambience  5      Service  6

The pink strawberry ones are divine! just to die for, but to be honest, the other flavours aren't anything special. The summer hill store could do with a shop re-fit, a cupcake store should be such a pretty, gorgeous feminine place but the summer hill store just looks like any regular cafe.

Mar 09, 2012

We ordered over 100 cupcakes for a corporate event and they were delicious, from Baby Cakes in Summer Hill. Ginny who works there was very helpful and even gave us complimentary decorations for our large order. I went to drop off the cake stand we hired for the event, and left with a dozen of the mixed mini cupcakes and all flavors had rave reviews from my family.

Comparatively speaking, they are not that expensive. We looked at quite a few options for catering in a staff event, and they were the most reasonably priced and decent sized cupcakes we could find. The Babycakes Cupcake size is not too big compared to a few other places, and they don't come with just a mound full of frosting that makes you feel sick! They tasted like fresh home-made cupcakes, the icing and decoration looks (and tastes) great and overall, I was very happy with their service and products!

Aug 01, 2011

These cakes are the cutest things I have ever seen! The only problem I have noticed is that there is a defference in quality between the Summer Hill and City stores.

Aug 31, 2010

I know this place gets heaps of bad reviews about the service but I have found the 2 girls Minny and Ginny to be great with what they do. They might be staff but they are worth every cent to that place. They are always friendly and always willing to help. I recommend you guys give it a go.

Jun 23, 2010

I've been to a lot of these cupcake outlets and I must nothing compares to babycakes, I agree with the other posts that they are very small and overpriced but they taste a lot better than the other places. Rather than a big dollop of pink icing on a cupcake tasting nothing like strawberry at other places, strawberry actually tastes like it rather than just looking like the flavour here, this goes with the rest of the cakes. Service could be better and more helpful than pushy at times but I would come here again (on occasions) to buy their cakes again.

Feb 16, 2010

I recently ordered my 6 year old girl a birthday cake from baby cakes Summer Hill store on 26/09/09 and I was really happy with the service, the price and the cake itself was truly beautiful. I am pretty fussy and I changed my mind several times about the design but the lovely girl was very patient with me and really everyone commented on how beautiful the cake was.

In terms of value I agree that the babycakes are expensive considering that they are only one mouthful but do you know that they have no artificial additives or colouring. The pink icing is made out off strawberry. For me this factor alone makes these cakes good value for money. Well done Renee and staff. I will be back.

Oct 01, 2009

The staff are slightly better than a few years back, cakes are cute but not great value for money. Plus the larger cakes are overpriced, but the shocker is the stand that costs $25 and it looks like it is disposable. Surely no one buys them. The cake shop around the corner has better cakes and the best Pear and ricotta tart at a fab price!

Jul 14, 2009

After visiting the new Babycakes store in Norton Plaza, and having visited Summer Hill several times over the last year, I have to say that I was absolutely delighted! Not only do the cakes look sensational, but they taste divine. I have absolutely no idea who would have served the other reviewers, because the girl who served me was so lovely, I ended up buying twice the amount I had intended because she was just so pleasant! And I love those hats the staff wear with cupcakes on them, precious.

Apr 10, 2009

Wow! I thought I was the only one that found the staff to be utterly unimpressive!
    The new Leichhardt store has only been open a couple of days and is very close to a lot of schools and is right in the middle of a very busy shopping centre. I was going to buy a couple of dozen cupcakes for my 5 year old daughter to take to her kindy class, it was 8.50 am and the shop assistant was standing behind the counter filling the serviette holder. All the cakes were displayed and ready for a days trade ,how wrong I was!

As I waited patiently to be served, the "mature" shop assistant informed me that they opened at 9.00! School starts at 9.00, so how am I supposed to buy them fresh for that day? Maybe she was so "mature" she forgot what time school started.
    I was not going to have my daughter arrive late for school for the sake of some cupcakes and so she was absolutely devastated.

I have owned a retail store for more than 10 years and so I do understand the nature of customer service. Is it not logical to open a cake store before 9.00? even for people going to an office and maybe buying the birthday cake for the day?
    Obviously the Global Financial Crisis does not effect Renee and she does not need the turnover. Good luck to her. I will find another cupcake supplier.

Mar 17, 2009