Establishment Bar

Establishment Bar Menu
Establishment Bar Website

Establishment Bar Contact Info

Prices $$

Average Meal Price 23 - based on one main course only (entree could not be calculated)

Mains $15.00-$30.00

Wheelchair Access

Good For Groups

Child Friendly Menus

Overview of Establishment Bar

Classic elegance meets a pitch-perfect party atmosphere at the ground floor Establishment Bar. Flanked by lines of magnificent iron columns and a 42-metre-long marble bar centrepiece, the former George Patterson House retains much of its formal glory.

A space packed with heritage features that make this historic venue a unique place to enjoy a drink. Quick bar service, an experienced staff and a multi-award winner all add up to a true Sydney icon.

Add a Review for Establishment Bar

User Reviews of Establishment Bar, Sydney

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Drinks  3      Ambience  2      Service  2      Value  3

Won't be going back there for a really long time. Went for drinks on Friday night with workmates. Took too long to get drinks at the bar. Crowd was really Old. Music was good, the only thing going for it. Disappointing experience all round.

Jul 30, 2012

Drinks  3      Ambience  7      Service  1      Value  1

Worst bar ever! I love Sydney nightlife and Used to think establishment was a great, beautiful bar until I had a recent terrible night there. It was a Tuesday night, I had been there for 2 hrs and was on my 3rd drink when 2 huge bouncers came over and told me I had to leave because I was too drunk. When I asked what I had done, they would not give me an answer and escorted me out the door ruining the night for me and my friends.

I was walked out by 2 thug bouncers like I was a criminal and then the manager was outside and proceeded to tell me I was too drunk without giving me a reason. I am 30 years old and have never been thrown out of a bar or treated so rude! I will never go back and give this bar $1 more of my money, and I will tell everyone I meet what a terrible place this is to party.

Jun 14, 2011

Drinks  9      Ambience  6      Service  7      Value  8

Went here last Friday with my girlfriend. Good place to get some beautiful drinks. Service is ok. But a bit noisy. Couldn't be relax. Maybe it was Friday night. We will try weekday next!

Feb 09, 2010

Drinks  5      Ambience  5      Service  5      Value  7

It's pub food! Nothing more, nothing less. I had to rate it a bit higher on "value", because compared to the rest of the Merivale empire it is excellent. Compared to the rest of the market, its about on the money. Beef burger is good, although it does have the makings of "A heart attack on a plate".

Jun 24, 2009

Drinks  7      Ambience  8      Service  7      Value  7

Large bar one of the largest bars in Sydney, dress standards apply, lots of varied Sydney people and tourists. Drink prices are a little higher, I found Kings X more expensive. Great bar menu and go there with an open mind. It can't be anything more than it is, a large pub on George St Sydney. If you want Casino D Monte Carlo go to Monaco, you will be better for it!

May 27, 2009

Drinks  5      Ambience  8      Service  7      Value  6

Had the beef burger for lunch and it was ok, nothing to write home about. Service is prompt and the setting is nice.

Nov 21, 2008

Drinks  3      Ambience  2      Service  1      Value  2

Staffs are really rude, can't even get a drink easily even they saw you. They kick you out from the bar when I was there with my wife on her birthday only because we were kissing. They ruined our night by making my wife crying for the whole night because of the humiliation. Since when this bar become a church? Please, be nice to your customers. We will never go back there again.

Nov 13, 2008

Drinks  8      Ambience  9      Service  8      Value  8

The Garden bar out the back is a very pleasant lunch venue. High glass roof makes a great daytime atmosphere. We had to wait for a table but once seated and ordered (from the bar) the meals were served very quickly.

Thai chicken salad was very good and came with a bowl of rice. My rating is for food not drinks as we only had lemon lime and bitters.

Sep 25, 2008

Drinks  7      Ambience  9      Service  9      Value  9

Had lunch there. Great atmosphere. Didn't expect much for lunch, but were pleasantly surprised. Simple menu and at suprisingly reasonable prices. For the amount of people being served, the guy in charge did a fantastic job and all of the diners seemed pleased and happy. Didn't have to wait long for service or food. Would go back there again for lunch. I think that I might be referring to the Garden Bar at the back.

May 02, 2008

Drinks  8      Ambience  6      Service  2      Value  4

One positive for this place is that people have put some effort into their dress standard. Great place for mingling and networking for business, social etc. Bar staff are fine, all other staff are way too over the top in many ways. Fun vibe amongst the place. However, not worth the stress and effort of not being sure you will get inside. My girlfriend and I have found many other great venues for a great night and it does not include this establishment. Ever again.

Apr 29, 2008