Ebb Waterfront Dining and Cellar

2011

Courier-Mail Food & Wine Guide 2011 - One Star

Add a Review for Ebb Waterfront Dining and Cellar

User Reviews of Ebb Waterfront Dining and Cellar, Maroochydore

Our Daughter's wedding was held at Ebb Waterfront in March 2014 and we found the service very poor. We had a cocktail menu for 95 guests and at the pre wedding meeting we were assured no guests would go hungry as there is not a food amount limit but constant food service. They neglected to tell us there would only be one food waitress to 95 guests!

Apr 02, 2014

We received a $200 giftvoucher for a very special night out for my husband and I. We went to Ebb for a night out and used our gift voucher. Our bill came to about $150 and we were told that they would not issue us another $50 gift voucher. We spoke to the waitress advising her that this was our money not the restaurants, our family had paid $200 and we may come back to the restaurant to use our remaining $50 of credit.

The waitress then got the senior staff and we were basically told bad luck! I consider this stealing our money and we feel we should have received a credit so that we can return to the restaurant to use the rest of the gift voucher. My advice, don't purchase a gift voucher and select another restaurant that doesn't show such contempt to its customers.

Sep 15, 2012

I had asked my husband to take me to Ebb for my birthday. We chose to take the 3 course menu option. All of the food we were served was beautiful and extremely fresh, with nice touches of the starter olives and palate cleansing sorbets lovely. Our issue was serving sizes, after seeing the size of other meals we also ordered all available 3 sides as we could see we were going to be hungry. We are not big people, or big eaters however even after finishing our meal we were left hungry. The wine list was great, we had a beautiful Pinot Gris by the glass. More generous servings and it would have been a wonderful night. We ended up down in Mooloolaba for coffee and something to eat so our stomaches would not be growling through the movie we were off to see.

Jun 13, 2011

I used to dine a Ebb frequently and could not fault any aspect of the dining experience. However, I went last night having not been for about three years and was bitterly disappointed. The menu was about a quarter of the size it formally was with about only 4 entrees and mains to choose from. Due to such limited choices I opted only for the main course of fish with pom puree. When the dish arrived thats exactly what I got, a piece of fish next to a fan of mashed potato.

Whilst the fish was lovely the potato was inedible due to being over salted and this is coming from someone who is heavy handed with the salt. My partner ordered the steak which was very thin and hence over cooked compared to other fine dining restaurants. Overall very disappointed and won't ever go back!

Aug 28, 2010

It is worth paying a little more for such amazing food. It is a pretty spot in the late afternoon.

Aug 19, 2008

This is an amazing restaurant offering spectacular Maroochy river views, mouth watering cuisine (especially the jaffa brulee) and excellent service. We visited in Aug07 and couldn't wait to return in March 2008. Would definitely recommend for a 5 star experience!!

Apr 24, 2008

Ebb Waterfront Dining and Cellar

Subscribe to the Sunshine Coast newsletter for deals, specials and news!