Boat Shed, The

Cotton Tree QLD 4558

The Boat Shed Contact Info

Add a Review for The Boat Shed

User Reviews of The Boat Shed, Cotton Tree

Can't fault it. Probably the best dining experience on the Sunshine Coast I have ever had. Food was delicious, service was impeccable and the atmosphere simply stunning! I'll be back and I will be telling everyone.

Nov 24, 2011

2nd visit and couldn't complain at all. Very generous sized servings, efficient and friendly service. Lovely outlook. Party of 5, everyone enjoyed a lovely night out.

Oct 16, 2010

Great riverbank location, but food was satisfactory rather than great. We started with the battered prawns with banana and syrup, which were fine but on the sweet side (although this was to be expected!). One of us followed this with the chicken dish and the other with the “drunken” duck. Both of these were fine, but the steak ordered by one of our companions was reported to be pretty ordinary (especially given the price charged). A reasonable choice of wines was available, although, like the menu prices, they weren’t cheap!

Jul 31, 2010

Great location, excellent view, was very busy on the Saturday night that we went (good sign). Staff very friendly and flt, they did an excellent job considering how busy the place was. Overall would highly recommend and go back again.

Nov 06, 2008

The boat shed is on the beautiful river at Cotton Tree. Go early and have a drink on the deck and take in the view. The food is always to please, and the service is great. Parking is easy (behind the Cotton Tree Pool). Always a good place to go when you're on the coast.

Oct 18, 2008

What a place, my wife and I have holidayed on the Sunshine Coast a few times but have not managed to get into The Boat Shed until recently. I am so glad we did, we were warmly greeted at the door and seated right near the water. The service we received was second to none, and I think I had one of the best steaks I have ever eaten, perfectly cooked. My wife loved her prawns and our whole day was such a special time we couldn't leave, after sitting in the big comfy chairs they have out the front.

I thought the prices were reasonable with many mains under the $30 mark and the meals were very generous in size, maybe a little too big, but definitely value for money. I certainly will be returning next time we are here.

Sep 24, 2008

Like most restaurant in Maroochydore, when slightly rated positively, they will charge like crazy. Be prepared to pay above $35 for main and $18 for entree. All up punched a $70 hole on my pocket, with 1 house wine, 3 courses (shared dessert!!).

The waiters dressed up shoddily. Mine rocked up with an attitude in a croc, half tuck tee, scruffy black bermuda. Nice food but with Sydney standard, it would be around $25 for the main if you know what I mean. Poor show, as if Boat Shed capitalises on lack of good eating place in Maroochy. Noosa would smash any eating place in Maroochy but a cab cost a fortune... go figure.

Aug 30, 2008

Subscribe to the Sunshine Coast newsletter for deals, specials and news!