Fresh User Reviews in Sunshine Coast

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 30

irz02 reviewed Shalimar, Mooloolaba

Restaurants, Indian, Serves Takeaway, Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Overall 6.7  4

Found grub of some sort in butter chicken dish. We thought a maggot but unsure as we didn't keep specimen. Received money back after I demanded.

Mobile Review Jan 23, 2015

Luv2eat reviewed berardo's bistro on the beach, Noosa Heads

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Bistro/Brasserie, BYO, Has Bar

Overall 7.2  9

Walked into this place and asked if it was BYO. I was told yes you can "As long as it's something decent!". Then told it was $20 corkage! I would have walked but the people I was with wanted to eat. Big mistake. The food was very average. I had the linguine for $36 and it had absolutely no taste. I had to add salt and parmesan cheese to give it some trace of flavour. It was a tiny portion as well. Not happy. The rest of the diners all hated their food as well. Unless your sitting right at the front there is no atmosphere to the place. You are in an arcade with constant passing pedestrians gazing in at you.

Jan 23, 2015

jethre reviewed berardo's restaurant & bar, Noosa Heads

Restaurants, Mediterranean, Modern Australian, Fine Dining, Degustation Menu

Overall 6.7  13

Touted as one of Noosa's best for fine dining, I found Berardo's a little disappointing. This place is an institution in Noosa and they probably have a loyal following, however the menu is very limited; some dishes weren't available which narrowed the options even further. There were only five choices as mains. Despite the lack of choices, the quality of the food was very good. Service was quite good; our waiter kept an eye on our water and drinks and was helpful with explaining the menu. To sum up, there are better restaurants in the Noosa area that offer a broader menu and better value for your money.

Jan 14, 2015

Restaurants, International, Restaurant Bookings, Always Open 24/7/365, Valet Parking

Overall 3  1

$18 for a bowl of flavorless corn chips, 3 small bowls of dip, salsa lacking flavor. My estimation $1, ($0.7x3)=$3.10 not a good spend. Iced coffee and oysters were good. Poor value.

Mobile Review Dec 21, 2014

kat__is reviewed Ricky's River Bar + Restaurant, Noosa Heads

Overall 7.9  18

Exquisite, modern, clever food made with high quality ingredients. Ricky's never fails to impress me. It is expensive but with a magic riverfront location, great service and of course the delicious food, I find the price is warranted. If you visit Ricky's, don't leave without trying something from the dessert menu, yum!

Mobile Review Nov 22, 2014

Overall 7.9  18

Compared to some of the other premium restaurants in the area, the only words that can accurately describe Rickys is condescending and complacent. The food was fine, (if not unremarkable) but the table/ customer service was really very disappointing compared to the other premium priced restaurants in the area that we have experienced.

The restaurant is beautifully positioned on the river. We'd booked 2 months beforehand and we were looking forward to sitting watching the last rays over the river as we'd booked early-ish. From our table placement, (as a couple, we were placed between 2 large tables and in the main service corridor). The speed of service, (lightening speed at first... literally first course arrived after ordering with no wine presented to the table - the local surf club would be proud!), the lack of food presentation and description, (compared to local restaurants like Sails this was a Joke!).

The list goes on but the worst was the attitude of the restaurant leadership. (although it has to be said that one senior member of staff tried to mitigate our table placement issue and moved our table). We have coped with a lot of issues in restaurants over the years (as we all have) and haven't felt the need to write a review but what is clear is this restaurant is trading on it positions and past and is very, very complacent.

Nov 13, 2014

Sandra C. reviewed Thai Lime Twist, Caloundra

Restaurants, Thai, BYO, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch

Overall 8.2  4

After taking recommendation of reviews, we were somewhat disappointed. Food was ok, doing a great takeaway trade but not many people dine in.

Mobile Review Nov 07, 2014

szkut reviewed Black Bunny Kitchen, Alexandra Headland

Restaurants, Family Dining, Child Friendly, Outdoor Dining, Serves Breakfast

Overall 9.8  1

Very hard to fault this place. Staying in breakfree next door it took us a few days to finally come in. But we were so glad we did and made a 2nd visit. Good vibe, great fitout and good friendly staff. Everything we tried was great. Even though a lot of the menu is share/tapas style they are pretty big sizes for the small price. Duck crepes, Reuben sandwich and prawns were our favourite. If there was 1 dish we had an issue with I would have to say the duck tacos were a bit odd to try and eat. But great dessert and good coffee too, can't ask for much more! Well done to the owner ;)

szkut reviewed Baked Poetry Cafe, Peregian Beach

Cafes

Overall 7.5  2

Got in just before they closed. So just got a few cakes, but they were fresh and tasty and good value. It was still quite busy and they had a huge array of deli style meats and breads on show.

szkut reviewed Le Bon Delice, Peregian Beach

Cake Shops and Patisseries, French

Overall 8  1

Snuck in just before they were closing and got a few things takeaway. Cakes were good as well as the coffee. Staff still willing to work even though they were closing up.

szkut reviewed Bar Sushi, Noosa Heads

Cafes, Japanese, Sushi, Serves Takeaway

Overall 6.3  5

Loved the food, especially the curry chicken with noodles. Service was a tad slow and portions were a little small, but probably expected from a Japanese/sushi bar.

szkut reviewed Ground Organics, Mooloolaba

Restaurants, Cafes, Organic Food Stores, Family Dining, Good for Brunch

Overall 7.8  1

Quality  9      Food  8      Coffee  8      Ambience  8      Service  7      Value  7

Great little place tucked away a little. Good coffee and nice raw cakes. Must say we didn't try anything from the lunch menu but all looked healthy and fresh. Service was a little slow but they were a little busy.

szkut reviewed Lamkin Lane Espresso Bar, Caloundra

Overall 8.3  1

Coffee  9      Ambience  8      Service  8      Value  8

Got a great house made cold brew which was refreshing on a hot day. I'm sure all drinks here would be a pleasure and happy to return another time to try more.

szkut reviewed Greenhouse Cafe, Caloundra

Overall 5.8  1

Loved the concept of fresh healthy food. But must say considering all out dishes we ordered were all pre made I can't see how it could take about 30 min to serve! The food was great, but tiny portions meant we actually left and got something after elsewhere. Not sure if our experience was a once off, but they could easily do much better.

Overall 7.9  18

Definitely a place that makes customers 'gag' - literally. What a terrible experience my husband and I had at this restaurant. We went to celebrate some good news and came away with norovirus type 1 and 2 and were desperately unwell. It's been 5 weeks and I'm only just coming good now but have had weeks of doctors and gastroenterology reviews all because staff didn't wash their hands after going to the toilet. To make matters worse, the manager is trying to 'gag' us so we cannot inform the public what happened - although we are getting the legal team on to this. A truly shocking experience. Public health were of course notified and investigated but Reece (manager) confirmed in a conversation to me that he knows the environmental health officers 'really well' as if they're friends, we are therefore questioning whether a conflict of interest has occurred with Noosa council staff? Not cool guys! Not cool.

Nov 01, 2014

stujen0409 reviewed Giggling Goat, The, Dicky Beach

Overall 10  1

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

Hi there. We went to The Giggling Goat for brekky yesterday & were very impressed with our overall experience. Firstly, the owners were very friendly & met our every need. The coffee & food was great so we would definitely recommend this as a great place to meet!

Oct 29, 2014

batmann reviewed Thai Mangoes Restaurant, Maroochydore

Restaurants, Thai

Overall 1  1

Atrocious service. Ordered take-away as they were full & we were staying just next door. We were told it would be 30-40 mins. We went back after 40 mins to be told another 15. Went back & was told they had 1 more dish to cook & another 7 minutes. I complained that it had now been over an hour & that people who entered the restaurant after we had ordered were finishing their meals already I was told they were really busy. I told them I understood that but we had kids who were hungry & they shouldn't say 40 mins if it was going to be 1 hour +. They then said 2 more minutes. I told them they had 2 minutes or I wanted a refund. Clearly it was going to be longer than that as they promptly gave me a refund. Steer clear unless you have all night to wait!

Mobile Review Oct 26, 2014

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Has Cafe, Licensed, Serves Breakfast

Overall 5.1  5

We went on a Wednesday night and both had the $15 dinner specials. I had a vegetarian pizza while my husband had a crumbed schnitzel. My pizza was a bit bland (husband commented - what do expect from veggies?! - LOL) but my husband's schnitzel was a good size and he enjoyed it. With drinks the bill came to $50. Service was pleasant and efficient. Not a memorable meal but we left feeling full and pretty content.

Bronwyn S. reviewed Entice Food & Wine, Mooloolaba

Restaurants, Has Bar, Has Cafe, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch

Overall 7.5  1

We have eaten here a few times whilst on holiday. Stand out to us is the friendly, professional service and lovely outlook towards the beach. We had their muesli with berries and yoghurt for breakfast and veggie burger for lunch. Coffee is good and they don't rush you should you wish to linger over coffee and enjoy the view and atmosphere of the area.

Bronwyn S. reviewed Bella Venezia Restaurant, Mooloolaba

Restaurants, Italian, American Express

Overall 6.7  18

We had a great experience at Bella Venezia. We are on holidays and must admit we walked past a few times put off by the prices - $30 for a main pasta dish. However, the pasta is made on the premises and was wonderful. For starters we shared panini bread with olive oil and balsamic and fried calamari that was melt in the mouth. For mains I had Balmain bug with sliced zucchini and spaghetti in a tomato and chilli sauce. My husband had calamari Nero risotto - it looked strange as it was back due to squid ink but was really nice. Dessert menu looked nice but we were too full. The service was friendly and professional. We both had 2 drinks and bill came to $123. Not cheap but thoroughly enjoyable and I would recommend.

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 30