Made Brus Mexican Restaurant

Woy Woy NSW 2256

Made Brus Mexican Restaurant Contact Info

Add a Review for Made Brus Mexican Restaurant

User Reviews of Made Brus Mexican Restaurant, Woy Woy

Last night was the forth time we have been to Made Brus & it will be the last. Although the service was fine (considering full house & 1 staff) the meal I ordered was presented as no more than an RSL lunch special. I ordered the 500 gram Mexican style rump with all the extras & received a lamb chop sized -over cooked piece of leather with chips, yes chips. I laughed at the chef when I was told that was all he had left he would make me another meal for free which I declined. I'm sorry but if you don't have what's on the menu then don't take the order. Even the waiter was at a loss to explain. Ok I've had my winge and will have to find another restaurant to indulge in one of my favourite foods. Very disappointing.

Feb 15, 2013

I've been to Made Brus several times now and the food is constantly good. Although it's not a fancy location, you get good service and great food (I especially like the assorted dips).

The restaurant is only small, so I suggest you book in advance.

Dec 23, 2012

If they are going to have a large function for thirty screaming 18 year olds they might want to put more staff on. We had to wait over an hour for a very ordinary dip entree while the one waitress working made cocktails for the party. The service is atrocious and heaven help you if you go there on a night they have booked more than a table of ten as you will wait hours for a meal. Woeful!

Sep 01, 2012

We've been going for many years to this restaurant, over 20. The one of the original owners had lived with a Mexican family. We got to know them in such a way that we could almost rock up any time and be served. Nowadays similar cuisine is still on offer. They are still very well priced, the food is pretty good for what you pay and not skimped on with good size portions.

The service has always been friendly. I've been to Mexico and yes the food there was no better. If you want more heat then ask the waiter to heat/ spice it more. The original owner had a rating you could choose from 1 to 5. I only tried 5 once since I couldn't find the taste over the tears coming out of my eyes.

The location could be better but then your bill would go up to help pay the rent. Once you start to enjoy your company where it is located does not come into it.

Jun 22, 2012

One of the best mexican restaurants I've ever been to and quite inexpensive too. I love the way for a set price you can mix and match pretty much anything on the menu and the desserts were amazing.

Jul 06, 2011

Good service, very average food (especially any kind of seafood/prawn dishes). Meat dishes were Ok, but nothing to rave about. Unlikely I would go back in a hurry.

Jan 11, 2011

My husband and I eat at this restaurant regularly and are never disappointed. On Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays they have a number of meal options for $12. The food is always delicious, and from our experience, better than the food we had on our recent trip into Tijuana!

The waiter is always very courteous and obliging and the atmosphere relaxing.

If a great view or fancy decor is your thing, don't bother going. But if you do want great food at a good price, try it. Yes it's at the top of the stairs above a tax agent but personally I'm happy if it means they can keep offering such good value.

Mar 27, 2010

Mexican food, having not been to Mexico unable to compare realistically, but food all sounds same. Vegetarian options available for all dishes, very competitively priced option for some food and salad. All the food looked fresh and was prepared excellently. Some more customers would no doubt be appreciated mid week when we went.

May 29, 2009

To be honest, we weren't sure what to expect as not many people knew there was a Mexican restaurant in the area since it is tucked away upstairs an arcade in Woy Woy. The position is horrible for a restaurant with no view except of the back car park but you know what, it didn't matter in the end because we were surprised with somewhat good Western-Mexican food (it's milder and less authentic for Western taste) for a good price (our table of 3 had shared 3x Main meals, 3x Entrees and a selection of beers/sangria with one big dessert to share for around $80-where would you find that nowadays?).

The staff are absolutely fantastic and nothing seemed too much of a problem. Decor could do with some updating and more mexican inspired music/props would be better to build the atmosphere. It's a laid-back and reasonably-priced place for a night out with your buddies, work-group or just your family.

Jan 24, 2009

Waitress was great but the food was terrible and overpriced. Will never go back.

Jan 07, 2009

Subscribe to the Woy Woy and Southern Gosford newsletter for deals, specials and news!