Le Chat Noir

Mon to Sun 5:30pm - 10pm

Available

Restaurant Bookings

Overview of Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir is one of Sydney's gourmet gems. People from Terrigal have been raving about their beautiful food, great atmosphere, and competent staff. In terms of food, their servings of authentic French cuisine are but tempting treats for lunch and dinner. Each dish is well prepared, presented, and planned. It reflects a flair and passion for excellent food, which is actually their mission.

A highly-recommended dining spot along Kurrawyba Avenue, Le Chat Noir is a favourite among locals for hosting celebrations. Their elegant and relaxing environment topped by their magnificent beach views are additional reasons families often book here. They actually cater to weddings, functions, and events for both individuals and corporations. They even have menus set for parties and special seasons like Christmas. Not to mention their live entertainment and delightful wine, groups of friends looking for a memorable night out also love to come here.

Add a Review for Le Chat Noir

User Reviews of Le Chat Noir, Terrigal

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Had a wonderful meal here on my birthday. We hadn't planned or booked ahead but fortunately we got a table. The meals are beautiful and the portion sizes were a very pleasant surprise. The three course set menu is particularly good value. The staff are wonderful and attentive, without being overbearing or intrusive. They even brought me a surprise plate with a profiterole and happy birthday written in chocolate sauce. Fantastic service and great attention to detail. We will certainly be going back here.

Apr 21, 2013

The food was awesome, especially the entrees, our mains were a little over done but may be because we asked for break between courses and may have already started making them, the desserts were also amazing, the $55 3 course deal is great value.

Mar 05, 2013

Whenever we are in Terrigal we go to Le Chat Noir. It is consistently excellent and the value for money is hard to beat. Without doubt the best food on the Central Coast.If money is a little tight go for lunch when you are offered two courses and a glass of wine for a price that is hard to believe for the quality of the food.

Feb 06, 2013

Went here for a friend's birthday dinner the other night. Was really excited as I enjoy french food. When we arrived, we were seated in the tables near the front door farthest away from the air con and it was a warm night. Many people on our tables were fanning ourselves with the menus. They ended up opening up the front sliding doors which improved the temperature tremendously! We all ordered from the $55 set menus. My chicken and choux pastry entree was ok.

Was expecting the choux pastry to be a bit crunchy but it was almost like a chicken soup. The prime scotch fillet was hidden under a mountain of mushrooms and red wine sauce. The fillet itself was quite fatty and I think they tried to hide it under all the mushrooms and sauce. The chocolate brulee was outstanding! Was the highlight of my night though it was a little too sweet and I couldn't finish the whole thing. It was a good night for all, though I will probably not be returning. I have been to other french restaurants with much better food.

chocolate brulee

Feb 04, 2013

Our party of eight had a very enjoyable evening at the Le Chat Noir. The waitress was very friendly and accommodating. There was an excellent selection on the menu which we settled for. There is a $55 set menu. Everybody enjoyed their food and it was thumbs up all round. We BYO @ $7 per bottle which we found was ok. Didn't look at the wine list. Our bill came to $70 per head which included entree and main course, corkage and tip. The only downside was it became a little noisy and made it hard for conversation. Definately will go back for that special occasion.

Jul 22, 2012

Great place I accidentally bumped into on Saturday night while the rest of the team was having some fun on a beach party. I had no reservation and was alone, but got a table with good view.

I opted for the special which was scallops, rabbit casserole and warm raspberry and almond tart. The scallops were huge and very tasty on the fresh tomato and basil bed.

I can recommend the rabbit for everyone, large pot with delicious, tender meat and thick soup, even though a bit too much to the vinegar/mustard side for my liking. The best part of the day was the warm raspberry and almond tart, which clearly was the best tart I ever had in my life! It was fresh, tasty, beautiful texture with lots of fruits inside.

I was very happy with the service, the young ladies were friendly and polite with insider recommendations about the food and the best places to visit in the area. The only thing I could suggest as an improvement is to allow the young waitresses to wear proper size of skirts. The one they have appears to be at least 2 sizes smaller and they have to pull it down in every 2 minutes which can be quite obstructive sometimes.

Ah yes, one more recommendation if I may. The background music is French for sure, but those modernised classics that I just hate to listen. I'd rather prefer the original version of those beautiful chansons. I think it would help to improve the atmosphere, but it may only be me that has this idea.

Feb 19, 2012

Dined here for the first time last Friday night and was pleasantly surpised. The a la carte menu has something for everyone with a nice wine list incl some solid french choices. I've had better snails before but overall not a bad experience in an area where I think its a foodie desert.

Oct 25, 2011

I was in a party of 4 plus a 3-year old for lunch on a recent Sunday at this bright and airy establishment. We opted for the '3 courses for $55' menu and considered this offered fair value.

The service was reasonably welcoming and friendly but a little disorganised at times and slow (even though the restaurant was little more than a third full). Our entrees, assiettee, roulade, quenelles and a seafood soup, were all excellent and identifiably Gallic in flavour.

For mains we had chicken Florentine (x2), pork and entrecote, which with one exception were also excellent. The exception was the entrecote, usually one of the tenderest rib cuts but sadly on this occasion tough and stringy. The waitress on removing the plates remarked on the numerous pieces of uneaten entrecote and, unsolicited, we were subsequently refunded a few dollars on our drinks bill, which was appreciated.

For desserts we had profiteroles (x2), chocolate brulee and strawberry coupe. Only the latter failed to impress (bland and insipid). The 3-year old's meal of chicken, chips and ice cream was more than adequate and reasonably priced. So too the interestingly varied wine list. My one criticism of this restaurant is that some traditional French entree favourites, such as onion soup and coquilles Saint Jacques, don't feature on the '3 courses for $55' menu.

I realise on reflection that what you probably could do if you fancied one of these is order it a la carte and then opt for the '2 courses (main and dessert) for $35' menu!

Feb 14, 2011

We discovered this little gem of a French restaurant on Saturday night. The coq au vin was beautiful, we both has specials for entree which were perfect. What a fabulous little restaurant and just what Terrigal needs. We will be back again very soon.

Jan 31, 2011

Beautifully cooked food and friendly staff. While the menu is a bit expensive, there is a reasonably priced set menu with huge portions. It has a cosy, intimate atmosphere which is perfect for date night or a quiet catch up with friends.

Jan 25, 2011

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

chocolate brulee « 1 of 1 photos »

Subscribe to the South East Coastal and Lake Suburbs newsletter for deals, specials and news!