Reviews

Romeo's Bistro, Toorak

Restaurants, Italian, American Express

Overall 5  7

Where to start? New to the area we popped in go try some good wholesome italian food. The old school decor and layout of the place gave the impression that authentic and hearty Italian dishes would be what we'd be enjoying. A look at the menu had me questioning this pretty sharpish. A mix of pastas and satays etc. Still, decided to go with the Spicy Beef Rigatone while my partner ordered calamari.

Both dishes arrived incredibly quickly, so fast in fact I'm still wondering if it came out of a microwave as the food was so hot (the table was still hot once we'd finished and the plates were taken away).

The rigatone came with cashews which I've never ever seen before, the calamari while abundant was poor. Heavy batter and tasted like something from Coles rather than something you'd get at a restaurant charging $30 for the dish.

Service was brisk and not impolite. Food was shocking. Prices were way too high for the food we had to eat. Save your money and eat at home, don't go to Romeos unless you've got money to burn and a desire to self harm.

Sep 30, 2011