Reviews

Chianti Classico, Adelaide CBD

Restaurants, Italian, Fine Dining, BYO, Has Bar

Overall 7.6  10

The Good

An excellent lunch featuring some of the best pasta I have ever had in the form of the tagliolini with a rich sugo featuring many, many chucks of spanner crab meat. The offer of a dessert tasting menu when we could not decide on our dessert options was a fantastic service touch.

The Bad

None.

The Meal

House bread with olives and olive oil

Arancini alla Boscaiola - Lightly fried risotto croquettes flavoured with wild mushrooms, black truffle and parmesen

Fiori di Zucchine - Lightly fried zucchini flowers filled with ricotta cheese and pine nuts, served with tomato relish

Tagliolini con Granchio - Fine pasta ribbons with a rich sugo of Queensland spanner crab meat, tomatoes and basil.

Pappardelle con Anitra - Handmade broad pasta ribbons with roasted duck meat, red capsicums, spinach, pinenuts and olive oil.

Dessert tasting platter - semifreddo, Torta di cioccolate, zabaglione, panna cotta amongst others

Sage Restaurant, Braddon

Restaurants, Modern Australian, BYO, Degustation Menu, Has Bar

Overall 6.7  25

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful

The Good

A fabulous meal featuring excellent ingredients and presentation. While some of the dishes were creatively presented, I never felt that creativity came at the expense of taste, something which cannot be said of a number of other restaurants I have visited.

The menu changed in the days before our arrival, which unfortunately denied me a dish that I had been anticipating when I made the reservation. However, the dishes on the new menu did not leave me wanting at the end of the meal. The lemon sole and veal tenderloin, which featured a small addictive sweetbread, were particular standouts. I cannot fault any of the dishes, although perhaps the beetroot and carrot dishes lacked the punch of the protein courses.

Our server was friendly and helpful throughout the night. From the moment we sat down, he offered help us add additional courses to the autumn omnivore tasting menu should we desire. We did so desire after reviewing the a la carte menu and after a quick trip to the kitchens our server confirmed there would be no issues incorporating two extra courses (the pork and duck courses).

As for the venue, it is within walking distance from the centre of the city and thus conveniently located. The room is very nice with tasteful, modern furnishings.

While not an inexpensive restaurant, I regarded the meal as providing exceptional value for money in Canberra.

The Bad

There were four occasions during the nearly four hours we were dining that we had to wait more than is usual for our glasses to be refilled or for our next course. However, the issue was usually resolved before we began to get really irritated by the issue. In the case of the timing of the courses, this may have been the result of our adding courses to the tasting menu, which may have placed the kitchen out of synch, so I will not hold it against them.

The tables against the walls are probably too close ot each other for my comfort, but at least the music was at a low enough level that the restaurant never felt too crowded and one did not spend the entire night listening to his neighbour’s conversations.

Even though it is technically still Autumn, it got very cold in the restaurant each time someone opened the front and back doors to the restaurant.

Momofuku Seiōbo, Pyrmont

Restaurants, Korean, Degustation Menu, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 8  39

An excellent tasting menu from start to finish assisted by interesting wine, beer and sake pairings, knowledgeable and attentive staff, a modern dining room and youthful soundtrack.

Restaurants, Chinese, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch, Serves Takeaway

Overall 6  16

Some very good dishes, unfortunately, marred by disinterested service and tables crammed next to each other. It is worth visiting, but only if you know what to order and are not looking for a place to stay and talk.

Benchmark Wine Bar, Canberra CBD

Bars, European, Good For Groups, Degustation Menu, Entertainment / Music

Overall 6.3  8

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful

Drinks  8      Ambience  6      Service  8      Value  7

A very good tapas menu and excellent wine list provided by friendly and attentive staff in a cosy environment.

More Reviews...

Chianti Classico, Adelaide CBD

Restaurants, Italian, Fine Dining, BYO, Has Bar

Overall 7.6  10

The Good

The Bad

None.

The Meal

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful

Drinks  8      Ambience  6      Service  8      Value  7

Restaurants, Modern European, Vegetarian, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch

Overall 7.1  4

A restaurant with excellent ambience and surrounded by stunning countryside vistas, Flint in the Vines Restaurants helps make a nice day out of Canberra.

Cream, Canberra CBD

Cafes, International, Good for Brunch, Good For Groups, BYO

Overall 5.7  29

Go for the great food but do not stay for the service or atmosphere.

Scroll map