Reviews

Cafes, American - Californian, Serves Dinner, Serves Lunch, Street Parking

Overall 5.6  2

My wife and I visited this café on the recommendation of a tv show. We walked in and the décor was very good in the 50's style and the menu was set out the same way. My wife chose the pulled pork sandwich and a spider while I had the cheeseburger and some chiili fries, it took a while but they were fairly busy so I didn't mind. My wife said the sandwich and the spider were very good, I only wish I could say the same.

My chilli fries were so overcooked you could not pierce them with a fork and the chilli on top was so dry and thick it resembled dog food in a can. The cheeseburger was not bad but I can only imagine what it would have been like hot. I did take the fries back and they were replaced by a more acceptable serve, but all in all I could not recommend this place to anybody. Please do not confuse this café Back Galley Split with Back Galley Cafe further up the street as I have not been there.

Jan 17, 2014

Edz @ The Henry Lawson, Werrington County

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Air Conditioning, Bistro/Brasserie

Overall 3  2

My wife and I visited this club for a late lunch today. We ordered simple fare ( bangers and mash with a bread roll, along with a roast pork roll) at 1.28pm. The club was not busy by any means, but we had to wait until 2.05pm. When the food arrived the bangers I had were barely warm, the onion was underdone and the bread roll came with no butter. If this place cannot handle simple fare like this I would hate to see it under pressure with more complicated dishes in busier hours.

Aug 25, 2013

Bars, Japanese, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 5.6  3

Drinks  3      Ambience  3      Service  2      Value  2

We went to the Zen noodle bar on saturday night. It was just like a bistro, you line up to order and pay and then come back to collect your meal. Thank heaven we didn't have to wait too long as it would not have been worth it.

My wife had "japanese" curried prawns and rice, our local chinese was better she said, and I had the Nasi Goreng which was just like ordinary fried rice with an egg and extra prawns.

Jul 22, 2013

Rooty Hill RSL Club, Rooty Hill

Pubs, Modern Australian

Overall 6.4  4

Food  3      Drinks  5      Ambience  4      Service  2      Value  2

My wife and I visited the Zest grill a little while ago. I love ribs, pork or beef, this time I decided to try the beef. BIG mistake, altough they looked good on the plate, I was in for a shock. They come in two layers of three ribs each, the top layer was beautiful, tasty and tender. The second layer was disappointing, it was dry and tough and looked like it had been in the warmer for two days. also don't order the garlic bread on week-ends, not only does it arrive cold but it is stale. my wife on the other hand had a very nice salmon dish which she enjoyed, one out of two ain't bad.

Apr 16, 2013

Restaurants, Indian, BYO, Has Bar, Licensed

Overall 6.3  30

My wife and I visited this restaurant last night based on th reviews that I have seen here, what a gross disappointment.

We ordered an entree which was just passable, a prawn dish and a lamb dish as well as rice and breads etc.

The prawn dish was a bowl of sauce with four (4) school prawns, and at $18.50 they are expensive prawns.

The lamb dish did not fare much better, it was a bowl of sauce with a couple of lumps of chewy lamb (sheep?)

Taking this into account it was a very expensive meal. I will not be back.

Jan 23, 2013

Food  3      Drinks  5      Ambience  4      Service  2      Value  2

Apr 16, 2013

Restaurants, Indian, BYO, Has Bar, Licensed

Overall 6.3  30

Taking this into account it was a very expensive meal. I will not be back.

Jan 23, 2013

Yi Ning, Blacktown

Restaurants, Korean, Family Dining, Quiet, BYO

Overall 7.7  26

If you want a restaurant that has all the bells and whistles, as in fancy decorations etc. This is Not the restaurant for you. If you want a restaurant that has fantastic food and top class service then this is it.

My wife and I stumbled across this restaurant recently and discovered a little gem. It is located up a little side street in Lalor park, you come to a small doorway leading to a small set of stairs, at the top of the stairs is an ordinary door which you enter through. Inside you are greeted warmly and shown to a table by a very friendly young waitress.

As we were the only non- koreans in the place she asked if we had been before or had tried korean food. We answered no, and she proceeded to advise as to what we might like. She was exactly right the flavour made our tastebuds dance on the tip of our tounges, the size of the dishes are huge and very reasonably priced.

I have no reservation in recommending this restaurant to anyone looking for something different and authentic.

Dec 06, 2012

Riverview Bistro, Penrith

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Vegetarian, Family Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 4.1  9

My wife and I attended the rowers on sunday for lunch. When we arrived the car park was fairly crowded and I suggested that this was not a bad sign. We entered the club to find a long line waiting to order, so I jumped on and waited my turn, fifteen minutes later I made the counter.

I ordered a Blackened scotch fillet cooked medium and was informed I would have to allow another thirty minutes for cooking and my wife ordered Blackened fish. Well we waited and waited and waited, finally it was ready. My wife tucked in to the fish and said it was very nice, I cut into the steak only to find it was mildly warmer than Blue.

Needlessly to say I won't be back and I do not recommend this place to anyone. If you can't get a medium steak right in a half an hour you're not much of a cook.

Oct 18, 2012

Everest Kitchen, The, Marrickville

Restaurants, Nepalese, Serves Takeaway, Restaurant Bookings, Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Overall 6.9  29

My wife and I recently visited this restaurant with a scoopon voucher, as we had never had Nepalese food before, we thought this would be a good opportunity. From the moment we walked in we were warmly welcomed. It was explained that we would receive a three course set menu.

It started with a large entree plate for two which could have easily been the main dish, it had a large variety of different foods and exotic tastes, this was followed with the main course, which again was a variety of different dishes and tastes. This was followed by a nice little dessert which was really not wanted, but we ate some as we did not want to offend these lovely people. All in all, highly recommended.

Sep 27, 2012

Restaurants, Steak House, Family Dining, Good for Business Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 4  19

My family and I visited Black Angus last night and I was surprised by the size of the place compared to the photos on the net, it was rather small. But consider what you go for, the food not the space.

The steaks were fantastic, I had the rib on the bone and it was so tender you only had to rest the knife on the meat and it would cut itself, this with the garlic mushrooms and jacket potato was superb. All other members of the party had different cuts, but everyone was very happy with their choice. As for the service, it did not skip a beat, not too long for the meals, drinks refreshed at the right time and nothing was a bother.

I recommend this place if you want a tender tasty steak.

Jul 31, 2012

Beautiful Burgers, Chippendale

Cafes, Burger, Modern Australian, Vegetarian, Good for Brunch

Overall 8.9  23

We went to beautiful burgers on saturday night, the place was charming enough and the service was superb, but the burgers leave a little to be desired. My burger was some sort of americian style with everything on it and was fine until I hit the beef to discover it was full of herbs and spices, not my favorite. And for the chips they sell on the side and say it is big enough for two to share, it ain't. All in all, it's a nice place the people are pleasant but I won't be going back.

Jul 16, 2012