Reviews

Geebung Polo Club, Hawthorn

Restaurants, Pubs, Bars, Family Dining, Good for Business Dining

Overall 7.1  9

Food  8      Drinks  1      Ambience  5      Service  1      Value  1

I used to be a regular at the Geebung - it's a few blocks from my place and offers an amazingly delicious parma. I was a huge fan until they ripped me off on Christmas Eve.

I had eaten at the Geebung a few weeks ago and noticed they were overcharging me for Heineken's. Spoke to the staff and she adjusted the price to reflect the menu price, no worries. Came back a few weeks later on Christmas Eve to find the same problem, the lady behind the counter assured me that the price would be adjusted when I closed my tab. An hour or so later and that lady has left for the evening, and the man behind the counter would not adjust the price to reflect the menu price.

I pointed out the mistake, and another man behind the bar chirped up and said the price had increased recently. I told them I had already discussed this with the previous lady, but they said she was wrong and there was nothing they could do about it.

That's right, they charged me more than the menu stated, and wouldn't adjust the price when I showed them what the menu said. I'm sure that's illegal.

Either way, I'll now walk further away to other pubs in the area with lower quality food, who treat their customers with the respect they deserve and don't try to rip me off.

Jan 03, 2012