Reviews

P.J. Gallagher's, Sydney CBD

Pubs, Irish, Good For Groups, Air Conditioning, Bistro/Brasserie

Overall 6.8  2

Food  8      Drinks  8      Ambience  7      Service  5      Value  5

Great Pub since it has been taken over by the new proprietors. The menu was great and also varied. I usually have the steak and chips and local beers on tap. Great for watching sports at and its not quite the old style union hangout they had years ago.

La Parrillada, Leichhardt

Restaurants, Steak House, BYO, Licensed

Overall 6.9  48

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful

I ate at La Parrillada a few times and usually go for the $23 all you can eat. It was great value. I do not have to ask for more as the first serving is usually enough for my partner and me. I think they do chicken the best here as it's cooked on charcoal. Yes, the other meat was a little salty and also not the best cuts but regulars seem to like it that way. At $25 with what you get with a drink really its not beaten anywhere else in Sydney at the moment. The only thing that was lacking was that I feel the restaurateurs were probably tired and the restaurant could do with a freshen up.

Pubs, Bistro/Brasserie

Overall 7.2  37

Food  7      Drinks  7      Ambience  7      Service  7      Value  7

This is a great place in Pyrmont and also a nice cosy original pub away from the crowds and well looked after. The pub has a great kitchen with about everything you need at also at around the $20 range. They had a great meat tasting plate that they got rid of but you wont get a dud meal here and there is no fuss and service is good. Does get a little busy, however, I have always found a seat. Well recommended.

Bar Sport, Leichhardt

Cafes, Italian

Overall 6.6  15

Service is quick to get your cash but that is about it. I made the mistake of ordering a panini but at $9 I dont think so. Yes there are a couple of deros who hang around and have nothing else better to do but don't think this is anything more than what it is. Stick for a coffee and move on before the bus fumes choke you.

Criniti’s Darling Harbour, Darling Harbour

Restaurants, Italian, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Hip and Trendy

Overall 6  155

Apart from the value which of course comes with the high rents of DH I think this place has one of the most varied menus that you will see for an Italian restaurant. I have had the pizza and the mains and would say that overall its ok place. I usually sit outside and the service is ok. Could be better but its not silver service and the staff are young. Give them a go and I am sure you will find something on the menu and cocktail that you will enjoy and the servings are above standard.

More Reviews...

Overall 6  155

Spanish Club, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Spanish

Overall 4.6  47

This place has had its day. Do yourself a favour and close the joint and move on. I had the special at $12 so I wouldn't get caught but was so disappointed I felt like giving it to the guy that plays guitar our the front of the pub. I had the Paella and it come with 1 prawn and mussel and a smile (gotcha) Move on.

Antidote, Pyrmont

Cafes

Overall 7.8  2

Great cafe and baristas. Owned and run by the Star Casino I have been told. Not much in the food other than pastries but great coffee and you have to try this Cold Drip coffee that they do absolute Zing.

Silvas, Petersham

Restaurants, Portuguese, BYO, Licensed

Overall 6.8  80

I have been coming to Silvas for a few years now and have to say its still the same. Chicken is fresh and cooked on the grills. The salads and the stews are great and authentic. Prices are reasonable and the service is not in your face. The menu is very wide and they always have a great seafood special on. Locals have been there everytime I go there with familiar faces.

Feb 07, 2012

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, Vegetarian, Family Dining

Overall 6.8  43

Tried 2 pizzas ok base but the sauce just hasn't got any flavour. I think they are trying and want the place to do as well as they can but they need a chef to really bring the flavours up or you might as well go to a large takeaway chain. Public just can't risk trying food all the time hoping that it will get better 2 pizzas and drinks came to $70.

Feb 07, 2012

Opia, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, Good For Groups, Entertainment / Music

Overall 7.4  16

If you want to enjoy yourself here have a coffee and save your money and go down Darling Harbour. Your friends, pocket and reputation will all be better for you.

Jan 15, 2012